Glitched

Gefro-On-Defro

My games glitched I think, I’ve been told to check Spark after restoring the phone. Get the message through from Murv about snitching on his sexual harassment thing. Then I check spark to see the message from James. Decode it all. Need to tell Taylor what I’ve found but no matter how many times I restart the checkpoint, it says I have 4 chats in the chat bit, but it won’t advance. Do I need to start again? I really don’t want to...

I've played through the game twice and didn't have the error you mentioned. Although my game did lock up a couple times and quitting/restarting from the last checkpoint seemed to sort it out.

However, it does appear that at least one trophy is glitched: Windy Convergence (it still shows up as 0.0% on PSN's stats). Here is a video on how to obtain it in the Steam version:

My problem is that after I click on the link and get the hidden phone number, I am unable to complete the call without getting a "signal error" throughout the game. I'm not sure if there's a small window whereby you're allowed to enter it, or if there are any other requirements I'm missing. The Xbox achievements site has reported the same thing, so I'm thinking it's definitely glitched at this time.

Edited by bud-arc
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 05/12/2019 at 5:29 AM, Gefro-On-Defro said:

My games glitched I think, I’ve been told to check Spark after restoring the phone. Get the message through from Murv about snitching on his sexual harassment thing. Then I check spark to see the message from James. Decode it all. Need to tell Taylor what I’ve found but no matter how many times I restart the checkpoint, it says I have 4 chats in the chat bit, but it won’t advance. Do I need to start again? I really don’t want to...

Having the same problem here, also tried reloading the checkpoint a couple times but always end up getting stuck at the same point. It's not giving me the prompt to let Taylor know about James.

Did you end up getting past it or did you have to start fresh?

Edit: tried a couple more times with no luck so I decided to start a new game. Seemed to do the job, was able to get the message through to Taylor and continue on with the game. Not an ideal solution, but it's a solution.

Edited by jay_kay47
Problem solved
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

Same thing just happened to me.....

EDIT: I’m thinking maybe the glitch happened because I called cassies number before the game wanted me to (thanks to knowing the phone number from an online source) but I don’t know for certain. 
starting the game from the beginning was the only solution to fix it.

Edited by EPICRAGE

• 6 months later...

This is driving me insane... I am sort of stuck in this part as well but it seems to be a bit further in compared to others. I get the chats from Taylor via BUSTED chat group, Greg and that perv Murv.  The notifications at this point are spammy and they all come in simultaneously.  I think this is what is causing the game to glitch and in my case crash with a CE-34878-0!  Had 4 of these bluescreens already and the last one was just a minute ago before this posting.

I was able to contact Cassie but she never gets back to me for the AMA chat... went on with the interview with Phresh this also did not progress with that chat as well.  I am stuck and I dread the idea of me restarting this whole game again, which does not have a proper :r1: skip button (like most FMV games from Wales Interactive) so we are forced to read everything... really bummed!

It is the chat with Taylor that seems very buggy because I have been getting the same chat messages repeatedly that keeps on looping with:

"Yo yo yo"

"I don't mean to rush..."

"But it's been a while."

... and this chat seems to get stuck when you answer "Is she still alive" (or something) but carries through if you answer:

Taylor: "It's close. I can feel it ?"

You: "Yeah me too"  

Taylor: "That's what I like to hear."

... and gives you the complete instructions what to do with Cassie and James workplace...

This chat with Taylor goes in loops and I keep on getting the 'Yo yo yo' chat repeatedly despite already telling him what he needed to know.

Edited by Eispan
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

Oops. I just got this as well. Accidentally called Cassie as well.

Was trying to speed run this last trophy. :rolleyes:

----later note:

So after the fake phone crash none of the buttons would work. At all.

So I shut the game down, waited a few minutes and then restarted the game.

Lucky the game was working again, even got the message from Cassie at the correct point in the game.

Thank God I didn't have to do another run for one trophy. :awesome:

Edited by Jamescush147