Can I get UNDEFEATED and I'LL BE BACK at the same playthrough?

fabmorais_2011

I was wondering if I could get these two trophies on the same playthrough:

UNDEFEATED
Don't lose any fight before reaching the end

and

I'LL BE BACK
Connor died and returned at every opportunity before reaching the end

I'm thinking no since I guess Connor will need to lose fights to die along the way.

I'll need to do a third playthrough (Pacifist) to get the plat anyway, but sure as hell wouldn't want to do a fourth if it could be avoided.

Does anyone know? Thanks!

Sorry for the double post, but:

In the end I got UNDEFEATED by the end of my second Violent playthrough, which I started more or less halfway through the game. However, I guess I'll need two more playthroughs to get

I'LL BE BACK

BOOKWORM

SURVIVORS

Since I can't have Connor dead and get Survivors it seems.

Regarding I'll Be Back, can I kill Kara on Todd's house and Markus on March for peace and still get it if I let Connor die at all remaining possible times?

2 hours ago, themindisacity said:

Yeah, thanks. I've taken note of the times Connor has to die and of the magazines locations.

However, none of the guides specify if I can still get I'LL BE BACK if Kara dies right at the beginning (at Todd's house) and not on the On the Run chapter or on Zlatko's.

3 minutes ago, fabmorais_2011 said:

Yeah, thanks. I've taken note of the times Connor has to die and of the magazines locations.

However, none of the guides specify if I can still get I'LL BE BACK if Kara dies right at the beginning (at Todd's house) and not on the On the Run chapter or on Zlatko's.

I wouldn't risk it. I found Detroit to be a bit finicky on things, and these games are often finicky in general. I would stick with the walkthrough.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, starcrunch061 said:

I wouldn't risk it. I found Detroit to be a bit finicky on things, and these games are often finicky in general. I would stick with the walkthrough.

I'll probably follow your advice. Even though I'm finding it more fun than I thought I would trying out different routes. Violent playthrough was so much more interesting than the Pacifist one.

1 minute ago, fabmorais_2011 said:

I'll probably follow your advice. Even though I'm finding it more fun than I thought I would trying out different routes. Violent playthrough was so much more interesting than the Pacifist one.

I went pacifist myself, and enjoyed it a ton. I think it's great. The trophies are a little annoying, though (I was fortunate that, for my blind pacifist playthrough, I could easily correct mistakes and didn't have to do it over again).

But from Heavy Rain to Detroit, the amount of improvement to me was staggering. I really enjoyed it.

Just now, starcrunch061 said:

I went pacifist myself, and enjoyed it a ton. I think it's great. The trophies are a little annoying, though (I was fortunate that, for my blind pacifist playthrough, I could easily correct mistakes and didn't have to do it over again).

But from Heavy Rain to Detroit, the amount of improvement to me was staggering. I really enjoyed it.

The Pacifist route is good as well, I just found the Violent one to be more gut-wrenching and had a harder time making the tough choices I knew I had to make to go full Revolution. It's my first David Cage game, I began skeptical but ended up impressed. Still find the writing a bit overly expositive at times though, but overall great experience and the characters really grow on you.

• Like 1

Just now, fabmorais_2011 said:

The Pacifist route is good as well, I just found the Violent one to be more gut-wrenching and had a harder time making the tough choices I knew I had to make to go full Revolution. It's my first David Cage game, I began skeptical but ended up impressed. Still find the writing a bit overly expositive at times though, but overall great experience and the characters really grow on you.

Well, I think David Cage pronounces "subtlety" as "sub-tell-tee". It's certainly not his strength, but it's a vast improvement from Heavy Rain.

I really liked the characters, too (although liking Connor when he went full android was tough). A good overall triumvirate.

• Like 2