The 12th Doctor to be announced tomorrow

madbuk

That's why I've stopped looking at sites like Dr Who TV (hence why I didn't know about this for 2 days). It would've been great to find out on the day that Billie and Tennant were returning - Rose is my favourite companion (anticipating all the 1 star profile ratings now lol) besides Sarah Jane, so seeing her pop up would've been great if I hadn't know about it.

(Though, does Rose really need to return? The Parting of Ways lost part of it's impact when Rose returned the first time).

I want a dark doctor, somebody a bit like Ecclestone. I don't want him to be all care-free. It makes it seem like Dr Who is a kids show, but it isn't. I miss Torchwood.

Really? Kind of want it to be a surprise.  But I guess this will avoid me the disappointment of Matt Smith regenerating into a female.. (not sexist in anyway, I am female myself), I'm going to hate seeing Matt Smith go.  Whoever it is, I hope they are ginger so the Doctor finally gets what he wants.

That's why I've stopped looking at sites like Dr Who TV (hence why I didn't know about this for 2 days). It would've been great to find out on the day that Billie and Tennant were returning - Rose is my favourite companion (anticipating all the 1 star profile ratings now lol) besides Sarah Jane, so seeing her pop up would've been great if I hadn't know about it.

(Though, does Rose really need to return? The Parting of Ways lost part of it's impact when Rose returned the first time).

I want a dark doctor, somebody a bit like Ecclestone. I don't want him to be all care-free. It makes it seem like Dr Who is a kids show, but it isn't. I miss Torchwood.

I miss Torchwood to. Was sad for the Captain.

I have mixed feeling's about the next Doctor.

Isn't that pretty much how everybody feels whenever the new doctor is announced? I'm actually excited to see him, he's got a much more serious look to him so hopefully there'll be some more darker episodes and plot lines in the upcoming seasons.

Isn't that pretty much how everybody feels whenever the new doctor is announced? I'm actually excited to see him, he's got a much more serious look to him so hopefully there'll be some more darker episodes and plot lines in the upcoming seasons.

It is but that's not why I have mixed feelings. I like Peter but he's played two other characters in the Who Universe.

It is but that's not why I have mixed feelings. I like Peter but he's played two other characters in the Who Universe.

Has he? I recognize him from Fires of Pompeii, when else did he appear?

I, too, hope for some dark episodes from Peter. Matt's run was lacking them.

I had mixed feelings about Matt (ended up better than David to me) never having heard of him before, they will pass so don't worry, I'm sure he will make a good Doctor :) I've been kind of wanting to see an older Doctor come back, he's always very serious when old.

Edited by TakahashiDemon

Has he? I recognize him from Fires of Pompeii, when else did he appear?

I, too, hope for some dark episodes from Peter. Matt's run was lacking them.

Well, he appeared in Fire's of Pompeii and played John Frobisher in Torchwood so it wasn't really Doctor Who.

I'm fine with the choice though, it'll be interesting. I'll miss Matt though.

Edited by Hikari_Symphony

I'm in the same camp of wishing they would not say anything about a new doctor until the moment that the current one has to regenerate. Now that a new doctor is coming every time something bad is happening or he starts on an epic speech I will be expecting a regeneration to happen.

I'm in the same camp of wishing they would not say anything about a new doctor until the moment that the current one has to regenerate. Now that a new doctor is coming every time something bad is happening or he starts on an epic speech I will be expecting a regeneration to happen.

You never were? It was always sort of expected since the actors always did announce they were leaving.  It's just (at least I don't think so) happened like this where there was an announcement on who the new Doctor is without making it a surprise.

Well, he appeared in Fire's of Pompeii and played John Frobisher in Torchwood so it wasn't really Doctor Who.

I'm fine with the choice though, it'll be interesting. I'll miss Matt though.

Oh, the guy that murdered his family then commited suicide? Haven't watched it since it first aired.

Oh, the guy that murdered his family then commited suicide? Haven't watched it since it first aired.

Ah, that's right.

I don't really like it when people who play different characters come back as someone other then the character they originally played. Just ruins it for me some how. I guess we will see when it happens though.