50+ gamers

damage_6-9

4 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

Not yet. I'll turn 45 this year. I love meeting older folks that still play, though. How far back does your gaming go? 

I got an Atari 2600 (well, a Sears VCS) for Christmas of 1980.

My parents tried to tell me that gaming would be a phase i'd grow out of, did yours think the same back then?

I'm way younger than all of you guys though, only 26 here.

53 minutes ago, DEI2EK said:

My parents tried to tell me that gaming would be a phase i'd grow out of, did yours think the same back then?

I'm way younger than all of you guys though, only 26 here.

In fact, the VCS I got was used, because my uncle (who was 16 at the time) had grown bored of it.

My parents were amazed that I never grew out of the "phase"...right until mobile games really took off. Then, suddenly, they were wasting so much time crap like Candy Crush that there were no more debates on the issue.

• Like 1

Hellooo,I'm probably one of the ancient gamers here at 72 suppost to be golden years.Gaming since retired 15 years now.Got the gaming itch after trying to help my wife with her Nintendo 64-Zelda.She started playing with the Grandkids,she had the cube & switch also,she was a dedicated get everything to the last end of games like all the Zelda,Mario & others.A Nintendo gamer,she never gave up.My first ps3 game was Wolverine,my list of games/trophies would be much longer but I screwed that up earlier when I had issues with ps3/acct. & lost all & started over.Before I knew of game saves & backup to the backups.I really enjoy the gaming/trophy & gaming community.Santa hurry up & bring me my PS 5 I'm sure I was a good boy.?  

Edited by electrifryer
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, electrifryer said:

Hellooo,I'm probably one of the ancient gamers here at 73 suppost to be golden years.Gaming since retired15 years now.Got the gaming itch after trying to help my wife with her Nintendo 64-Zelda.She started playing with the Grandkids,she had the cube & switch also,she was a dedicated get everything to the last end of games like all the Zelda,Mario & others.A Nintendo gamer,she never gave up.My first ps3 game was Wolverine,my list of games/trophies would be much longer but I screwed that up earlier when I had issues with ps3/acct. & lost all & started over.Before I knew of game saves & backup to the backups.I really enjoy the gaming/trophy & gaming community.Santa hurry up & bring me my PS 5 I'm sure I was a good boy.1f608.png  

73 is quite impressive, what would you say your favorite game is, and has your tastes in games changed at all as you've played more through the years?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DEI2EK said:

73 is quite impressive, what would you say your favorite game is, and has your tastes in games changed at all as you've played more through the years?

Thanks taste in games hasn't changed much,still a hack & slash shootem up kind of guy.Not much into platform games.Deadspace one of favorite series,really liked the motorstorm series because of playing with my two youngest grandsons especially appocalypse & getting together Saturday nights online for some racing fun.