Getting all locations not required for Plat?

Kimbapbap

• 5 months later...

I know I'm kinda late, but I personally wouldn't recommend going after the locations if you're just looking for the trophies. It's not required for the platinum and the only reward you get from it is XP (a tiny amount) and gear (only a few locations have actually good gear, though). Plus, objectives don't vary much, so it can get really boring after a while.

• 1 month later...
On 11/7/2020 at 1:17 PM, effdeegee said:

There's a lot of benefits for finding and completing the many different types of locations.

- Tombs give an automatic skill point.
- Ruins give ancient tablets for upgrading your ship.

- Sync points make it easier to travel.

- Caves give 3 types of stone/gems for upgrades to ship and gear.

- Underwater areas are needed for a trophy.

- Forts and Leader Houses lower the control level quickly.
- All "?" give xp for both uncovering and completing.
- There are challenges that unlock engravings.

- They all have money, resources, and decent gear (which you can either break down for more resources, or sell for big money).

- They're all great places to find a high density of enemies.

and the biggest thing that nobody seems to consider is that they're attached to quests that give massive xp boosts (ie. Complete all objectives in 15 forts nets something like 50k xp). I've seen a few that give 65-100k xp.

They may seem like a minuscule bit of xp during the middle levels, but the huge bonus come in really handy when you're level 40-50 and the xp needed to level up is like 500k-1mil and the side quests are only giving 35k, or, if you were completing them all during the earlier 15-35 levels and the bonus earned fills almost your whole xp bar in one shot.

TL;DR - Do all the things cuz AC Master says iz gud.

All true what's being said above, but if you go only for trophies there's no need for that benefits.

At the end of all dlcs and base game i'm lvl91 with all abilities maxed and more or less 50 points spent on master abilities. No time-savers bought, and I did everything 100% on the map. In the end, I can say its not required at all to complete all places, during the story and side quests required for trophies you will visit most of that places so you will get plenty of resources and weapons. Exp rewarded will rise along with your level, until you get a stationary 28-35k per daily quests and 100k per contracts, but once you hit lvl50 for the trophy, the enemies and locations will raise their level too to match with yours(you can set up the difference of levels between you and enemies on the options but its max 4 levels), so exp doesn't really make a significant difference. Even if you are going for the ubisoft club challenges too, you will have all of them without any real problem( one challenge asks to max up the Adrestia, but the last very expensive level in all upgrades is not required, so it will pop along with the trophy related).

Last advice if you still want to complete odissey at 100%, dont go exploring the map blindly, focus mainly on the story and you will uncover most of the locations by the end of the game, without having to spend twice the time visiting already completed places. Anyway, this game is way better than AC origins, so I had fun completing everything. I definitely recommend this approach! Enjoy the game !

• 5 months later...
On 11/07/2020 at 8:17 AM, effdeegee said:
  • Tombs give you an automatic skill point.
  • Ruins give ancient tablets, which are used for upgrading your ship.
  • Viewpoints make it easier to travel.
  • Caves give resources required for upgrades to ship and gear.
  • Underwater areas are needed for a trophy.
  • Forts and Leader Houses lower the control level quickly.
  • All locations give XP for both uncovering and completing them.
  • There are challenges that unlock engravings.
  • They all have money, resources, and decent gear (which you can either break down for more resources, or sell for big money).
  • They're all great places to find a high density of enemies.

• Most skills aren't really all that great anyway. A few ones are really good (such as Second Wind), but you'll get the points for them just by leveling up.
  • If you pick up the stones and gems from the scenery as you go from one place to another, you won't even really need to enter caves anyway.
  • How is lowering the control level useful (apart from Sequence 2 and the two trophies related to Leaders and Conquest Battles)? Neat feature, yes, but wouldn't really call it "useful."
  • They all give XP, but it's minuscule amounts. Most gear is either Common or Rare (maybe a few Epics, but you won't need them once you got Legendaries), you shouldn't really have a shortage of money if you sell what you don't use and, again, you can get resources just from the scenery as you go from A to B.
  • By the time you find the legendary engravings (which shouldn't take too long), you probably won't need much else. Most engraving challenges you'll just end up doing naturally anyway, and the most versatile ones you'll unlock by simply leveling up.
  • What would you need a high density of enemies for?
Edited by Eagle

3 hours ago, BRKs_Eagle said:

1. Most skills aren't really all that great anyway. A few ones are really good (such as Second Wind), but you'll get the points for them just by leveling up.

2. If you pick up the stones and gems from the scenery as you go from one place to another, you won't even really need to enter caves anyway.

3. How is lowering the control level useful (apart from Sequence 2 and the two trophies related to Leaders and Conquest Battles)? Neat feature, yes, but wouldn't really call it "useful".

4. They all give XP, but it's minuscule amounts. Most gear is either Common or Rare (maybe a few Epics, but you won't need them once you got Legendaries), you shouldn't really have a shortage of money if you sell what you don't use and, again, you can get resources just from the scenery as you go from A to B.

5. By the time you find the legendary engravings (which shouldn't take too long), you probably won't need much else. Most challenges you'll just end up doing naturally anyway, and the most versatile ones you'll unlock by simply leveling up.

6. What would you need a high density of enemies for?

1. Saying that most skills aren't great is a personal opinion, and it doesn't invalidate my statement. Oh, you're next opinion says that some skills are really good, so maybe getting an automatic skill point would be worth it? Indeed, you get skill points for levelling up, but levelling up once takes a lot longer than doing a single tomb. Maybe people want more than one skill at an earlier time in the game?

2. Picking up stones and gems from the scenery doesn't give enough if you like to upgrade all of the things, all of the time. Wouldn't it be nice if there were spots that gave a lot of each resource, for a little amount of time and labour, and give a little extra xp along with it?

3. You ask how something is useful, then proceed to give more than 3 instances where it's useful? Also, I never said it was useful, so your quotation marks must be to discredit yourself?

4. Now you're combining multiple points into one attempt to discredit and, again, contradicting yourself by agreeing with my point that they all have benefits like xp and gear to break down and sell. "Don't pick up the gear cuz you don't need it, and you shouldn't need money if you sell the gear you find." :huh: 

5. Yet another opinion that does nothing to invalidate my point. Also, your previous attempt, that consolidated multiple points of mine, has now thrown you list of gripes out of sequence.

6. Some people might need a high density of enemies during the late game because they still want xp, resources, gear to break down/sell, or to get the trophy for doing a power attack with every weapon because they never thought to do it earlier and there's no enemies left because they've already taken over the whole area.

You keep saying that "you'll just get these things naturally when levelling up" and then saying that all of the things I mentioned aren't necessary for their xp (the thing needed to level up).

And the next line of my post, which you failed to include in your attempt to discredit, which begins with the phrase "...the biggest thing that nobody seems to consider" is that they're attached to quests that give massive xp boosts.

Now, do me a favour and go through your previous post(s) and find how many times you use the phrases "probably don't" and "won't really" have to/need to.

These are the keys to your malfunction.

If someone writes a list of 10 positive things, stop handpicking the ones you don't like/don't agree with and then contradicting yourself by simultaneously saying "you're stupid and you make excellent points," while including a mountain of maybes, not reallys, and probablys.

Lastly, you stopped playing the game 2 months ago, and the post you're quoting is 7 months old, so what exactly was the point of this? To waste my time? Congratulations on your success.

On 16/01/2021 at 7:02 PM, effdeegee said:

Saying that most skills aren't great is a personal opinion, and it doesn't invalidate my statement. Oh, your next opinion says that some skills are really good, so maybe getting an automatic skill point would be worth it? Indeed, you get skill points for leveling up, but levelling up once takes a lot longer than doing a single tomb. Maybe people want more than one skill at an earlier time in the game?

The thing is, you can't know what a location is unless you go to it. So, for a person to find a tomb, they'd have to search many other locations beforehand... or use a guide, but that wouldn't be exactly fun, would it?

Picking up stones and gems from the scenery doesn't give enough if you like to upgrade all the things, all the time. Wouldn't it be nice if there were spots that gave a lot of each resource, for a little amount of time and labor, and gave a little extra XP along with it?

It does give enough. Unless you wanna get the last upgrades for the Adrestia they added post-launch... but, then again, it's not necessary for the trophy and costs so many resources you won't get it even doing all caves and such.

You ask how something is useful, then proceed to give more than 3 instances where it's useful? Also, I never said it was useful, so your quotation marks must be to discredit yourself?

Sequence 2 is really early in the game, and, for the other instances, you'll only need to do them once. Apart from that, you won't really need it anywhere else in the game.

Now you're combining multiple points into one attempt to discredit and, again, contradicting yourself by agreeing with my point that they all have benefits like XP and gear to break down and sell. "Don't pick up the gear cuz you don't need it, and you shouldn't need money if you sell the gear you find." :huh: 

You'll need to go to some locations naturally for sidequests (due to how the leveling system is structured), and you'll get more than enough gear from looting these to sell and get all the money you need.

Some people might need a high density of enemies during the late game because they still want XP, resources, gear to break down/sell, or to get the trophy for doing an Overpower Attack with every weapon because they never thought to do it earlier and there's no enemies left because they've already taken over the whole area.

XP from killing enemies is minuscule, enemies don't give resources (only drachmae), the trophy for Overpower Attacks can be done outside of combat and I don't understand what you mean by "taking over the whole area," since enemies always respawn.

You keep saying that "you'll just get these things naturally when leveling up" and then saying that all of the things I mentioned aren't necessary for their XP (the thing needed to level up).

Because the amount of XP they give is really small, thus they're not really the best source of leveling (it would be better to do quests instead).

And the next line of my post, which you failed to include in your attempt to discredit, which begins with the phrase "...the biggest thing that nobody seems to consider" is that they're attached to quests that give massive XP boosts.

You'll end up going through most forts for quests anyway, since a lot of them have you pick up an item inside of them, kill a polemarch, etc.

Now, do me a favour and go through your previous post(s) and find how many times you use the phrases "probably don't" and "won't really" have to/need to.

Well, I mean, it's an RPG. People play in some crazy ways. Who knows, maybe someone has a weird self-imposed challenge which hugely benefits from going to locations.

If someone writes a list of 10 positive things, stop handpicking the ones you don't like/don't agree with and then contradicting yourself by simultaneously saying "you're stupid and you make excellent points," while including a mountain of maybes, not reallys, and probablys.

I never said you're stupid. Why would I offend you over locations in a videogame, LOL?

Lastly, you stopped playing the game 2 months ago, and the post you're quoting is 7 months old, so what exactly was the point of this? To waste my time? Congratulations on your success.

And? It's the Internet. Anyone can answer anything at any time (provided it isn't deleted or closed for replies, of course). "Wasting your time" doesn't even make sense, since you chose to answer, after all. But, to answer the question, I replied because I was going through old posts to check for errors and stuff (yeah, I'm strange like that, sue me) and I noticed I hadn't checked this before. I was merely providing an eloquent counterpoint, in case anyone stumbles upon this and wants a different look on things. I never said my opinion is right or wrong; it's merely my opinion.

Edited by Eagle
  • Like 2