Help me choose which game to play next

juancitum

Hi friends. Can you help me decide what to play next?

I have 4 PS3 games i havent touched yet. Which one would you pick if you never tried them before? Do you have a favourite?

1 - Bioshock Infinite

2 - Metal Gear Solid 3

3 - Metal Gear Rising

4 - Mass Effect 2 (didn't like the gameplay of 1 very much)

Metal Gear Solid 3 is great, I've replayed it many times on the PS2, and again on the Vita and partly on the PS3. It still remains my favourite game in the series, and just one of my favourite games in general. If you haven't played any of the Metal Gear games either, I think it's a good starting point. The PS3 version improves upon the original as well with a camera you can actually rotate (unless you could rotate it in the PS2 version and I was just too much of a dumb kid to figure it out), and of course, higher resolution.

Bioshock Infinite would be my second pick. As the other poster said, I would suggest playing the DLCs as well. I should take my own advise and actually play them myself, re-bought the game for PS4 for that reason and still haven't gotten around to it. You don't need to have played the other Bioshock games to understand or enjoy it, and it's a pretty solid game, if a bit short.

Mass Effect 2 would be my third pick. I hated the gameplay in the 1st game as well, but Mass Effect 2 does improve upon it a lot. That being said, I don't think any of the ME games have particularly good gameplay. If you're not too invested in the story or characters, you probably won't get a lot of enjoyment out of it. Sadly I think the same applies to most Bioware games, at least the ones I've played. I can't say any of them have had the most enjoyable gameplay.

Metal Gear Rising for my 4th pick. Not a good place to start on the Metal Gear franchise at all, and it's honestly completely skippable even if you're a fan. The story is interesting enough but is just your general Metal Gear insanity. The gameplay plays very much like a Platinum game or Devil May Cry, which I've never been huge fans of (sans Nier Automata, but I see that as more of a Yoko Taro game than a Platinum game anyway). If you like those types of games though, it should be right up your alley. It's pretty short however, pretty sure I beat it in about 6-8 hours on normal difficulty I believe back around when it came out.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/13/2019 at 5:20 PM, juancitum said:

Hi friends. Can you help me decide what to play next?

I have 4 PS3 games i havent touched yet. Which one would you pick if you never tried them before? Do you have a favourite?

1 - Bioshock Infinite

2 - Metal Gear Solid 3

3 - Metal Gear Rising

4 - Mass Effect 2 (didn't like the gameplay of 1 very much)

Metal Gear Rising