Gold Rush Improvements!

LethalLuke1993

• 2 weeks later...

I like it, tried it out but the game clearly still doesn't want me to get the 15 i need for the trophy

1st i played the one mission again where Keiran shows you where the O' Driscolls are. your first target: To take out 4 silently. not too close, bow, headshot the first guy, the other 2 further away somehow have the hearing of a dog and spot me, gold over

2nd was the one where you have to steal in the barnhouse and then steal the carriage. because "I somehow got away spotted", I even closed up everything again, and for probably the first time trying this one, I even got the carriage in the mentioned time to the guy. but noooo, of course somehow the game says i didnt stole everything in there despite beeing pretty sure i did(I even used a snake oil to pick the one up). silver for the hundreds time.

3rd the Micah mission where you rescuing him. despite that beeing much easier now and always close behind micah, the final police on horses killed him before i even had a chance to aim at them and thus i could already forget most challenges here.

so i tried 3 out and trice the game threw me a middlefinger and if i would ask "Any 15 easy or now easy missions" i probably get a list of 15 missions i already did, lel. ugh, 15 from 70 and the game does everything.

On 14.12.2019 at 6:31 PM, MidnightDragon said:

Nice, but that will piss off everyone who had to do it the hard way.

I did it the hard way, but I can assure you that I am not pissed, I am glad to see that more people can now „easily“ pick up this sexy plat ?

This feature should have been included a long time ago though.

okay, seriously this replayis a bug-festival times 10 nowadays. improvements nice but not if everything else bugs me from gold!

I did the first 2 i mentioned above now again and the same! the enemies spotted me again, even with normal arrow headshot(Apparently the game had mine still set on small animal arrows last time this noon) and the game says AGAIN i didnt stole everything even thou i find one more item this time and checked every poop twice! Even thou i used the same way i smehow died this time because we crashed down on a small hill, this f** game, im up to give up because of these bullcrap gold medals, i need only 15 and the game does everytjing to not let me, i seriously lose interest noew again, despite me wasting most of my vacation to get a step closer by grinding my way online from 22 to 50! i hope another patch fixes some stuff or i see these 2 as impossible right now.

at least the third mission, despite missing felt 7 times shots, went to gold, so at least 14 left

2 other missions, one failed by such an unfair tight time limit, the other went with a gold, so 13 are now left, finally progress

Edited by Rewemarkt66

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone clarify how the replays work now? Do you replay with everything set to what you have right now? Or set to what you had when you first attempted that mission? Or something else like an approximation of what you should have had.

If it's the second one (what you had at the time of attempting the mission the first time) I wonder if getting stats and perks early on is a good tactic.

Also do you get to use your current horse, of the one you had at the first attempt?

Thanks!

On 16/01/2020 at 5:43 PM, RobbieJ said:

Can anyone clarify how the replays work now? Do you replay with everything set to what you have right now? Or set to what you had when you first attempted that mission? Or something else like an approximation of what you should have had.

If it's the second one (what you had at the time of attempting the mission the first time) I wonder if getting stats and perks early on is a good tactic.

Also do you get to use your current horse, of the one you had at the first attempt?

Thanks!

You start the replay with what you currently hold in your inventory for weapons and ammo. So it’s a good idea to purchase and craft the best equipment before you replay missions. 

Health items are a little different, as the number of these you can carry over are reduced but you can still access each type of item you currently hold. 

My health, stamina and dead eye are all level 8 in replays even though I’m at 10 in the game. However when I originally played most the missions, none of my stats were as high as 8.

As for your horse, you use the current one. 

* I’ve only replayed and got gold for 35 missions so there could be some that differ slightly from the above but that’s been my experience. 

• Like 1

On 14.12.2019 at 5:36 PM, LethalLuke1993 said:

all of your stats and inventory carry over.

Not all but more as before.

"All" isn't true.

Horse (mission depending) yes, all weapons yes but not all items and ammunition. Quite more as before but still not all.

• 3 months later...
On 2020. 01. 04. at 1:48 PM, Rewemarkt66 said:

I like it, tried it out but the game clearly still doesn't want me to get the 15 i need for the trophy

1st i played the one mission again where Keiran shows you where the O' Driscolls are. your first target: To take out 4 silently. not too close, bow, headshot the first guy, the other 2 further away somehow have the hearing of a dog and spot me, gold over

2nd was the one where you have to steal in the barnhouse and then steal the carriage. because "I somehow got away spotted", I even closed up everything again, and for probably the first time trying this one, I even got the carriage in the mentioned time to the guy. but noooo, of course somehow the game says i didnt stole everything in there despite beeing pretty sure i did(I even used a snake oil to pick the one up). silver for the hundreds time.

3rd the Micah mission where you rescuing him. despite that beeing much easier now and always close behind micah, the final police on horses killed him before i even had a chance to aim at them and thus i could already forget most challenges here.

so i tried 3 out and trice the game threw me a middlefinger and if i would ask "Any 15 easy or now easy missions" i probably get a list of 15 missions i already did, lel. ugh, 15 from 70 and the game does everything.

#1 That is a bug, I've found out if you skip the cutscene right before they will turn around no matter what, if you watch the full cutscene you should be fine.

#2 There is two more items in the 2nd floor cabinet a HEALTH CURE and a GINGSENG ELIXIR and if you are on full of those items the game doesn't tell you that those items are there. You need to drink one of those to able to pick them up.

#3 I have no problem here at all when he gets into the house I always go ahead and kill everyone so when he come to get the horses everything is clear.

Edited by Lacek84
typo
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lacek84 said:

#1 That is a bug, if you skip the cutscene right before they will turn around no matter what, if you watch the cutscene you should be fine.

#2 There is two more items in the 2nd floor cabinet a HEALTH CURE and a GINGSENG ELIXIR and if you are on full of those items the game doesn't tell you that those items are there. You need to drink one of those to able to pick them up.

#3 I have no problem here at all when he gets into the house I always go ahead and kill everyone so when he come to get the horses everything is clear.

I already have the plat at this point but thanks xD

1: Ahhh, ok

2: Yeah, i found out by comments and myself, but even when picking these two, i apparently still didn't got everything back then

3: Meant the police on horse at the very end where you ride away from Strawberry beeing chased, not in the town itself. probably was just bad luck, i think i even got this one to gold later, don't remember which i did gold and which not

After the changes, it still requires effort but is nowhere near as difficult as it appears at first. 

You get enough dead eye items now in replay that you can practically spam it in every fight, and that trivializes all but the worst headshot and accuracy requirements. It also means you can avoid using your health items because you’ll take very little damage in most fights. 

4 hours ago, CountOfTuscany1 said:

After the changes, it still requires effort but is nowhere near as difficult as it appears at first. 

You get enough dead eye items now in replay that you can practically spam it in every fight, and that trivializes all but the worst headshot and accuracy requirements. It also means you can avoid using your health items because you’ll take very little damage in most fights. 

Yeah, I did all gold up to chapter 4 now in 2 days.

• Like 1

On 4.5.2020 at 10:37 PM, Lacek84 said:

Just wait till the conversation with the other two guys is over.

• Like 1