Duplication Glitch

Asmund

So, this is a gem and makes the game cake (kinda like old school Demon's Souls glitch, but even easier and faster). It will duplicate anything that can be picked up off the ground infinitely if you wish so you can plan what you want to duplicate from a Vulgrim location if you know something drops around the corner you want tons of. I only used it for soul clusters, you can use it for upgrade mats and essences etc. But do so at your own risk! I've seen comments about games crashing or corrupting when using the glitch to make mass amounts of weapon materials, so maybe do it sparingly. Also, keep in mind that enemies do scale so if you get carried away you're just setting yourself up to get one shotted if you over level (roughly 150+).

This guide compliments the glitch nicely when planning what you want to pickup as the items aren't labeled in game until after you pick them up: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/pc/209474-darksiders-iii/faqs/76709/collectibles-playthrough-guide

Edited by Asmund89
Added collectible guide
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, sword_of_omens said:

there's no commentary...what button presses are necessary for this?

Triangle + Circle in options, load game, press touchpad to remove the floating window, stand over object you want to duplicate press touchpad to bring up inventory page then press circle, every circle press will grab the item infinitely, if you leave inventory screen the item will have been picked up so don't leave that screen until you have as many as desired. Keep in mind you cannot dodge, switch items, use fury, or havoc while in glitch mode. To save the glitched items and restore full combat functionality, die or use a serpent hole. This will remove glitch mode as well.

Edited by Asmund89
  • Like 1

Works with the last update of the game or I need to buy the disc version and not install the update? 

On 3/1/2020 at 7:08 AM, KANERKB said:

that is funny, kind of reminds me of the one for darksiders 2. mind you though the one in that is more broke

Is it still working? PS3 version only or even PS4 Remastered? 

On 1/3/2020 at 10:54 AM, Asmund89 said:

Triangle + Circle in options, load game, press touchpad to remove the floating window, stand over object you want to duplicate press touchpad to bring up inventory page then press circle, every circle press will grab the item infinitely, if you leave inventory screen the item will have been picked up so don't leave that screen until you have as many as desired. Keep in mind you cannot dodge, switch items, use fury, or havoc while in glitch mode. To save the glitched items and restore full combat functionality, die or use a serpent hole. This will remove glitch mode as well.

Thanks! I might just go back and revisit the game with this since it has been awhile...

• 3 months later...
22 minutes ago, Hafidh_Haramain said:

Does this glitch still work? and does it disable any of the collectible trophies? like 50 angelic/demonic artifacts or 30 adamantine. If I infinitely pick up those items using the glitch, will i get the trophy for picking up 50? or 30 for the adamantine?

It still works, and trophies are not disable for using it, actually you can get those x amount of something trophies with a single item just by spamming X, same for 1,000.000 souls, find a cluster and just spam X, then pop all of them. Just make sure you dont use this glitch to level up your character, it breaks the game and you'll have to start all over again, enemies scale with your level, so when you reach lv100+ on the beginning of the game, they not only have a giant hp pool, but also 1 hit kill you

Edited by Phantochi
  • Like 1

That's good news, but I wanted to play on easy (story) first, use the glitch and level up my character to level 120, i heard that going over 150+, the enemies one hit kill you? I also wanted to make the crucible easier to complete. So what is your suggestion about leveling up? Not to use the glitch?

Eventually I will have to get the trophy for level 100 though, can I not get at least to level up to level 120 and whatever remaining souls I have, I can use them on consumables, like wrath or havoc shards? will not make the game a bit easier?

Edited by Hafidh_Haramain

On 5/9/2020 at 4:00 AM, Hafidh_Haramain said:

Eventually I will have to get the trophy for level 100 though, can I not get at least to level up to level 120 and whatever remaining souls I have, I can use them on consumables, like wrath or havoc shards? will not make the game a bit easier?

I played Crucible on Balanced (Normal) and it was pretty much cake, I was around lvl 75-80. You can use the glitch just don't go crazy with it, if you start approaching 150 range you will indeed get punted or throat punched whichever terminology for owned you prefer LOL. You can use the glitch on consumables just look at an item pickup guide like the one posted above and time the pickup with your glitch load in. You can hold off on going after lvl 100 trophy until after crucible is done if you're worried about it, but at lvl 100 I wasn't having a hard time. No it wasn't until about 140 I was like wow I am getting hit SO HARD, so I pushed further thinking surely there is a cap to scaling and no, I forget how high I went but I walked outside and I'm pretty sure a mosquito gave me malaria or something because I didn't even get a chance to see how I died, just that something had hit me and I was dead.

On 5/9/2020 at 8:40 AM, Phantochi said:

It still works, and trophies are not disable for using it, actually you can get those x amount of something trophies with a single item just by spamming X, same for 1,000.000 souls, find a cluster and just spam X, then pop all of them. Just make sure you dont use this glitch to level up your character, it breaks the game and you'll have to start all over again, enemies scale with your level, so when you reach lv100+ on the beginning of the game, they not only have a giant hp pool, but also 1 hit kill you

i tried it like 3 mins ago. it doesnt work. or do you need to reach a certain point of the game? because when i spam circle it doesnt grab the item for you. while i am on top of the items with the inventory window open

23 hours ago, Asmund89 said:

I played Crucible on Balanced (Normal) and it was pretty much cake, I was around lvl 75-80. You can use the glitch just don't go crazy with it, if you start approaching 150 range you will indeed get punted or throat punched whichever terminology for owned you prefer LOL. You can use the glitch on consumables just look at an item pickup guide like the one posted above and time the pickup with your glitch load in. You can hold off on going after lvl 100 trophy until after crucible is done if you're worried about it, but at lvl 100 I wasn't having a hard time. No it wasn't until about 140 I was like wow I am getting hit SO HARD, so I pushed further thinking surely there is a cap to scaling and no, I forget how high I went but I walked outside and I'm pretty sure a mosquito gave me malaria or something because I didn't even get a chance to see how I died, just that something had hit me and I was dead.

How did you make the crucible easy for yourself? what weapons did you max completely and what enhancements did you use on all your weapons? which enhancements were balanced?

On 5/11/2020 at 1:58 PM, WhiteRaito said:

i tried it like 3 mins ago. it doesnt work. or do you need to reach a certain point of the game? because when i spam circle it doesnt grab the item for you. while i am on top of the items with the inventory window open

Any point of the game,

17 hours ago, Hafidh_Haramain said:

How did you make the crucible easy for yourself? what weapons did you max completely and what enhancements did you use on all your weapons? which enhancements were balanced?

My build as I recall it:

Priority weapons: Barbs of Scorn, Chains of Scorn, Mallet of Scorn.

Priority enhancements by order of balance: Leviathan into barbs, Juggernaut into mallet, Shade into chains, Azazel into whatever you want we just want the passive bonus, Rage same as Azazel but put it on whatever you wanna build rage with.

Stock up on consumables, that's really all I remember doing, nothing even began to challenge me in there. Darksiders 2 crucible was tougher.