GOTY Edition region locked

USaccount354

I have a main UK account which i use to play all my games on (and collect trophies). However i also have a US account mostly to buy games from the PS Store. Now i bought a lot of games/complete editions, however, this is the first time where i think the DLC for the Spiderman GOTY edition is region locked on my UK account.

I completed the main game thinking the DLC will unlock...but the DLC tab on the main menu is still not unlocked. And everytime i select the DLC it takes me to the ps store but says "Content is not available at the moment"...Am i seriously screwed or is there a potential workaround for this?

Appreciate all help and replies

12 minutes ago, Kishnabe said:

Did you download the DLC and Install it? 

Just now, tjoe1bkhjtqxm said:

Yeah sometimes you have to go straight to the DLC itself on the Store and download it (it will appear "Free") since you bought the GOTY.

Same as AC Origins and Odyssey, Batman Arkham Knight.. They all must be download each one, searching them from the Store

Yes. On my US account, the DLC is downloaded and installed for sure. And i checked the store page to be sure, all i get is the 'Rate' option, its installed.

3 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Games and their DLC will need to be in the same region. Is the game the UK region specific version as well?

Yes, but this is the complete edition. This is the first time im having troubles with DLC on a complete edition.

5 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

The DLCs for GOTY Edition have to be redeemed via the code that's in the case so head to the PS Store in same region you got it from and enter the code there, then download them. All DLCs are region locked so have to be obtained from the PS Store that is in the same region where you got the game from.

I bought the game from the PS Store. i got no codes, and the DLC is installed on my US account, hoping i can use it on my UK account like the rest

5 minutes ago, USaccount354 said:

I bought the game from the PS Store. i got no codes, and the DLC is installed on my US account, hoping i can use it on my UK account like the rest

In that case, have you tried redownloading everything and restoring the licenses? If neither of those work, then you're probably going to have to cut your loses and buy it again but this time from either the UK store or at retail :(.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1