Feature Suggestion: Sort by completion (game list)

torsov

I thought a useful way of sorting games on the profile page would be to sort them by completion (either platinum > completion or platinum < completion where a title has DLC). It would allow a user to sort their games by how large a percentage of registered players have completed a title, and thus give a semblance of how difficult it is to complete that game. 

What do you think?

Just now, Squirlruler said:

That's average completion, not plat (or 100%) %.

I thought Order (Percent) sorts my list by which percent complete I am in each game on my profile? 

24 minutes ago, torsov said:

a useful way of sorting games on the profile page would be to sort them by completion

I'm pretty sure they're asking for an option to sort by PSNP completion percentage, not by their own completion of the game. The percentage that is shown in blue/green on the far right-hand column of your profile. They said:

30 minutes ago, torsov said:

It would allow a user to sort their games by how large a percentage of registered players have completed a title

For what it's worth, I would like this option too.

Edited by NathanielJohn
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, NathanielJohn said:

I'm pretty sure they're asking for an option to sort by PSNP completion percentage, not by their own completion of the game. The percentage that is shown in blue/green on the far right-hand column of your profile.

Yup, this. I have often wondered which of my games would be the easiest or hardest depending on how much I'd like to suffer on a given day.

4 minutes ago, torsov said:

Yup, this. I have often wondered which of my games would be the easiest or hardest depending on how much I'd like to suffer on a given day.

Ah, okay. The opening post really didn't make that very clear.

Although keep in mind all the posts that have already pointed out over the years that the site's completion rate is not directly correlated ease/difficulty.

So you're looking for the Trophy Adviser to be meshed into your profile list at a game level then instead of trophy level? Or maybe a filter in Trophy Adviser that displays at overall platinum/100%

• Like 1

Yes it would be a really nice option. When I look at other people's profile (including my own) it would nice to be able to sort games by PSNP rarity and then to see if they have been completed.

It would be useful as it may point me in the direction of some ultra rare games I didn't know about. In fact I'd probably have it as a default option over last trophy earned.

Edited by FawltyPowers
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Ah, okay. The opening post really didn't make that very clear.

Although keep in mind all the posts that have already pointed out over the years that the site's completion rate is not directly correlated ease/difficulty.

So you're looking for the Trophy Adviser to be meshed into your profile list at a game level then instead of trophy level? Or maybe a filter in Trophy Adviser that displays at overall platinum/100%

I was thinking about the Games tab on the profile page (example).
The ways to order the game are 'Last Played', 'Last Trophy', 'Alphabetical', and 'Percent'. 'Percent' orders the games after how large a percentage of points have been achieved out of the total points available according to trophy distribution. I am looking for a way to order these games based on the PSNP completion rating in the very last column. I gather this is how large a percentage of users who have the game has completed the game or gotten the platinum.

I know that this is not a direct metric of difficulty (a game that requires you to click X 100,000,000,000 times isn't technically difficult, but very time intensive and so would have a lower completion rate than a more technically difficult game that requires less time to complete), but it shows roughly how much effort is required to complete it. I thought being able to order the games on a list according to this metric would be useful for many reasons. Comparison between games when deciding what to play, a way (among many) to gauge difficulty or effort required, or simple curiosity.

11 minutes ago, torsov said:

I was thinking about the Games tab on the profile page (example).
The ways to order the game are 'Last Played', 'Last Trophy', 'Alphabetical', and 'Percent'. 'Percent' orders the games after how large a percentage of points have been achieved out of the total points available according to trophy distribution. I am looking for a way to order these games based on the PSNP completion rating in the very last column. I gather this is how large a percentage of users who have the game has completed the game or gotten the platinum.

I know that this is not a direct metric of difficulty (a game that requires you to click X 100,000,000,000 times isn't technically difficult, but very time intensive and so would have a lower completion rate than a more technically difficult game that requires less time to complete), but it shows roughly how much effort is required to complete it. I thought being able to order the games on a list according to this metric would be useful for many reasons. Comparison between games when deciding what to play, a way (among many) to gauge difficulty or effort required, or simple curiosity.

Have you used Trophy Adviser and selected Type (Platinum)? Is that the information you're looking to be in your profile filter?

Edited by DaivRules

2 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Have you used Trophy Filter and selected Type (Platinum)? Is that the information you're looking to be in your profile filter?

No. That (in the trophy advisor/log) shows only games with platinums and not games without platinums that could have various levels of difficulty. The information I am looking for is in the Game tab on the profile view already, but it is not ordered. An option to order the Game table according to that data would present that information. 

Trophy Adviser isn't very good to be honest. If the option was on your profile you could see every game in one long list.

On the Trophy Adviser you can only see 50 games at a time and you have to do the following:

Click on Type (Platinum)
Click on Order (Rarity)
Click on any other page and everything is out of order, you have to re-click on Order (Rarity)

I guess two sorts would be useful on your profile, by Platinum % and by 100%

• Like 2

@GraniteSnake I think I have gotten it to work, thank you ever so much for linking this. ?

Just a tip for others using it: you need to have all the game entries loaded before you initiate the ordering, as the script only orders the items that are loaded, and not all games on your list.

• Like 1