Story Mode Difficulty Added

LunchCannon54

The newest update (can't believe they're still updating it honestly) has added an Easy difficulty that they've labeled Story Mode.

I'll just rattle off the patch notes:

-Decreased damage dealt by zombies by 25%

-Increased damage dealt by player by 50-100%

-Decreased fall damage by 50%

-Normal attacks use 25% less stamina

-Charged attacks use 50% less stamina

-Medkits are twice as effective

-Players lose 50% less experience points upon death

-Days are longer by 25%

-Nights are shorter by 25%

-Traders pay 20% more for player's items

-Players earn 50% less Legend experience

-Airdrops remain on the map twice as long

Nice that they've been so detailed about this. This will obviously make the platinum and DLC a lot easier to complete seeing as there's no difficulty related trophies (aside from possibly doing the Parkour challenges at night as you will have less time for screwups).

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, LunchCannon54 said:

The newest update (can't believe they're still updating it honestly) has added an Easy difficulty that they've labeled Story Mode.

I'll just rattle off the patch notes:

-Decreased damage dealt by zombies by 25%

-Increased damage dealt by player by 50-100%

-Decreased fall damage by 50%

-Normal attacks use 25% less stamina

-Charged attacks use 50% less stamina

-Medkits are twice as effective

-Players lose 50% less experience points upon death

-Days are longer by 25%

-Nights are shorter by 25%

-Traders pay 20% more for player's items

-Players earn 50% less Legend experience

-Airdrops remain on the map twice as long

Nice that they've been so detailed about this. This will obviously make the platinum and DLC a lot easier to complete seeing as there's no difficulty related trophies (aside from possibly doing the Parkour challenges at night as you will have less time for screwups).

Thanks for sharing this might go back into it now and try some of the "raid" type quests again there was a couple that were a bit hard due to the health sponges of bosses and endless waves.

4 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Will this update, make the Parkour Fever DLC easier?

probably not as the only thing that matters is your speed and how good you are at the parkour. it may help cause you can level up all your skills faster, which do help in the parkour, but if you have to stop to fight a zombie in the challenges you already lost.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Will this update, make the Parkour Fever DLC easier?

Yes and no. If there was challenges where you had difficulty due to zombies attacking you and killing you yes because of the reduced damage, but some challenges as op mentioned may be harder now due to the shortened night time 25% reduced time is alot especially since late game parkour challenges require alot of precise timings.

As Jacky mentioned though the increased do gain does mean that later skills should be easier to obtain and thus give you better advantages to do some of the parkour events then you would have playing the game regularly.

Btw if the duping method still exists one could probably use the easy mode and the Disaster Relief Packages to get very easy XP at Quartermasters for even quicker leveling. This would also be beneficial for expensive items being sold for gold with the 20% vendor increase in purchases.

8 minutes ago, karpathoulas667 said:

Did they, by any chance, fix the "Together 'til the end" trophy? I' ve finished bozak horde 20 times, all possible solutions tested, but no trophy. Is this included in the "bug fixes"?

Were you doing solo or Co-Op? You have to not only beat the trials but you need to be in Co-Op as well so you can kill your ally at the end.

9 minutes ago, karpathoulas667 said:

Coop of course. And tried around 15 different methods...

I see many people have unlocked it this month. Did you specifically kill your ally (only the killer gets the trophy). Also were you at the the required story part in your save file to access it and not just joining a partner's game? (I know for me when helping a friend try this for some reason it was bugging on me because I didn't advance my story enough to do it.)

16 minutes ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

I see many people have unlocked it this month. Did you specifically kill your ally (only the killer gets the trophy). Also were you at the the required story part in your save file to access it and not just joining a partner's game? (I know for me when helping a friend try this for some reason it was bugging on me because I didn't advance my story enough to do it.)

Yes, tried all of it. My game, my friend's game, I killed him in many different ways or weapons, no deaths, no legendary skills, everything. Thing is, my friend got the trophy first time, and i didn't get it after countless tries... :(

15 minutes ago, karpathoulas667 said:

Yes, tried all of it. My game, my friend's game, I killed him in many different ways or weapons, no deaths, no legendary skills, everything. Thing is, my friend got the trophy first time, and i didn't get it after countless tries... :(

As far as I know it has to be with the Pistol you get given only and you need to kill all players in your lobby (be the last survivor).

If you've tried this many times and it's still glitched it may be for whatever reason the game registered as you completing it already but the trophy did not breaking it. (Some trophies have to hit their unlock as you complete a task for the first time if this doesn't happen for whatever reason, usually a new save file is required to try for them again.)