Earn PS3 online trophies by myself?

MySenkai

If I have 2 ps3s, can I play online multiplayer with myself? I inherited a 2nd PS3 and I'm curious.

For example: I want to do Scott Pilgrim DLC trophies. Can I download it to both PS3s and score the trophies playing with myself?

Note:

I have a PS4, a PS3, a PSP, a Vita, a PSTV and possibly a PS VR (don't know if it counts) registered to my account. I remember hearing that there was a system limit per account so that might effect things. I'm pretty sure the ps1, ps2 and ps classic don't count.

19 minutes ago, MySenkai said:

I remember hearing that there was a system limit per account so that might effect things. I'm pretty sure the ps1, ps2 and ps classic don't count.

Yes a limit exists but this is per device ...

I don't remember how many, but for example let's say it's 4, then you can have attached to your account 4 PS3 / 4 PS4 / 4 XXX ....

So with 2 PS3 you are good to go ;)

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, MySenkai said:

If I have 2 ps3s, can I play online multiplayer with myself? 

You sure can mate but I will let you know one thing I found out only after testing. Some games will let you invite your alt etc for use with your main account but some games will not allow them to meet this way (FarCry games, Transformers FoC, WfC etc) I had to search for lobbies separately and hope they meet, something about being on the same router that games are funny about. Other than that have at it and good luck.

1 hour ago, MySenkai said:

If I have 2 ps3s, can I play online multiplayer with myself? I inherited a 2nd PS3 and I'm curious.

For example: I want to do Scott Pilgrim DLC trophies. Can I download it to both PS3s and score the trophies playing with myself?

Note:

I have a PS4, a PS3, a PSP, a Vita, a PSTV and possibly a PS VR (don't know if it counts) registered to my account. I remember hearing that there was a system limit per account so that might effect things. I'm pretty sure the ps1, ps2 and ps classic don't count.

I do this all the time actually. The limit is 2 activated ps3's per account, it used to be like 5 or something, and back then you could really boost yourself.

The PS4 limit is 1 Activated PS4 per account, but this is easily bypassed. The account where the content is purchased can play it no matter what regardless of activation, so activate your account on the system that will help you boost, then just play on your personal account on the other system and voila 2 PS4's playing the same game together.

Also, in regards to Scott Pilgrim this method is exactly how I intend to 100% that game with my wife.

Edited by Asmund89