Uncommon Platinum?!

Kiyan-13

@Kiyan-13 and @Copanele I think there is a misunderstanding. I wrote my comment based on some criterias. Firstly, Bloodborne was my first souls game and even though there was co-op opportunity for some reason I was stubborn and I wanted to beat all of them by myself. Secondly, of course souls games have managable trophies if you compare them with super meat boy etc. But for example there were 2 bosses at defiled chalice dungeons Amygdala and Watchdog. I guess I've died those bitches like 50-60 times. At least I don't think you can say they are casual gamer friendly bosses since they are required for platinum. As I said I added the frustration coming from this game being my first souls game and not getting co-op help. Other than that souls games are not hard, they just want you to not play like a Rambo and be strategical. After I platinumed BB, I've literally slapped Dark Souls III and Sekiro. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, turkishbadassX said:

@Kiyan-13 and @Copanele I think there is a misunderstanding. I wrote my comment based on some criterias. Firstly, Bloodborne was my first souls game and even though there was co-op opportunity for some reason I was stubborn and I wanted to beat all of them by myself. Secondly, of course souls games have managable trophies if you compare them with super meat boy etc. But for example there were 2 bosses at defiled chalice dungeons Amygdala and Watchdog. I guess I've died those bitches like 50-60 times. At least I don't think you can say they are casual gamer friendly bosses since they are required for platinum. As I said I added the frustration coming from this game being my first souls game and not getting co-op help. Other than that souls games are not hard, they just want you to not play like a Rambo and be strategical. After I platinumed BB, I've literally slapped Dark Souls III and Sekiro. 

Oh ok, when you put it that way (solo mode) I completely agree xD I think I did misunderstand the first time I read the comment, also tips imaginary hat to a fellow solo player, big like for that. Yeah in solo play they are not casual friendly at all (especially the DLC, those bosses murdered my ass the first time around).

Regardless these games are very loved by its community, so that big of a percentage ain't shocking anymore, really.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
SEKIRO: SHADOWS DIE TWICE  27.94%
BLOODBORNE  21.61%
DARK SOULS III  17.59%
DARK SOULS II: SCHOLAR OF THE FIRST SIN  16.43%
DARK SOULS  16.68%
DEMON'S SOULS  16.39%
DARK SOULS II  14.91%

above is the percentage of platinum achievers and seems SEKIRO: SHADOWS DIE TWICE & BLOODBORNE  are the easiest plat in FormSoftwar games

I always thought it was due to the fact they were continuously refining the gameplay as the earlier Souls games were clunky and occasionally a pain to pull off tricky moves. It seems that Bloodborne and afterwards that they moved on past the previous Demon Souls/Dark Souls 1 clunk into something more akin to flowing action. Plus more and more people are aware of what type of game they are getting into, so more people are playing Bloodborne that knows what they are getting into. I still remember back in the days of Demon Souls, many players got it, thinking it was a typical hack n slash game. When they were proven wrong and they ended up dropping it. 

It could be also that Bloodborne is FromSoftware's first PS4 title so they wanted to make it a bit easier to draw in newer players. 

On 22/06/2020 at 0:55 PM, cometowner said:
SEKIRO: SHADOWS DIE TWICE  27.94%
BLOODBORNE  21.61%
DARK SOULS III  17.59%
DARK SOULS II: SCHOLAR OF THE FIRST SIN  16.43%
DARK SOULS  16.68%
DEMON'S SOULS  16.39%
DARK SOULS II  14.91%

above is the percentage of platinum achievers and seems SEKIRO: SHADOWS DIE TWICE & BLOODBORNE  are the easiest plat in FormSoftwar games

Sekiro is definitely harder than everything except demon souls. 

It's a 21.57% platinum here, but taking into account the percentage of all players, it drops down to 6.1%.

These games have such a dedicated fanbase, especially here, so naturally the percentage is going to creep up quite a bit. Journalists have definitely over hyped the difficulty, that's for sure. Yes, they are tough games, but I've never personally found them to be broken and unfair. You die, you die again, you learn, you succeed. For someone who doesn't normally play that type of game and received a copy for Christmas from Aunt Gladys who thinks the cover reminds her of her childhood, well that person may have a tough time