How Easy/Hard is this?

Mr_Buzzinka

I've completed the main story and I'm going for platinum. I can say at this moment that game isn't hard. Rather time consuming. You have to collect all rings so you have to play every stage 3-4 times. And there are grindy trophies like "collect 100 000 rings" and kill enemies

Personally, I'm terrible at time trials so that's been what's keeping me from plat. However, I didn't try for very long. I tried around when Super Sonic came out and didn't really click with how it works so quit. I might try it again though because while I understand tons of the criticism of the game, some of the issues I didn't even encounter while playing since I was playing the game. [like how the game at times literally plays itself if you don't do anything]. And in spite of the issues I do like the game it was fun.

I also only tried one level to do the time trial before quitting.

Edited by Elvick_

28 minutes ago, Elvick_ said:

Personally, I'm terrible at time trials so that's been what's keeping me from plat. However, I didn't try for very long. I tried around when Super Sonic came out and didn't really click with how it works so quit. I might try it again though because while I understand tons of the criticism of the game, some of the issues I didn't even encounter while playing since I was playing the game. [like how the game at times literally plays itself if you don't do anything].

I also only tried one level to do the time trial before quitting.

I agree with you, the Member above you is lying. This is no easy Platinum.

2 hours ago, Sikutai said:

I agree with you, the Member above you is lying. This is no easy Platinum.

I’m not lying lol... ?‍♂️ 

Difficulty is, of course, subjective and will vary from person to person. But generally speaking? This is a relative easy game. If anything it is just grindy. I think the 5/10 difficulty rating in the guide is pretty accurate IMO.

Put it this way... before I tried Sonic Forces this month, I have not played any Sonic games at all. So believe me dude, if someone completely inexperienced with Sonic games can platinum this game in a week then I truly believe anybody can.

Everything I said above is the truth. 99% of the trophy list is very easy. The majority of the trophies will come naturally. The rest just require some grinding.

The ONLY parts of this game that is actually challenging are the time trials. And possibly some of the Silver Moon Rings for some people. But the Super Sonic character is incredibly OP and trivializes the very hardest challenges. Seriously, he’s basically like a cheat code. You get unlimited boost and become completely immune to damage! 

All you really have to do is go to YouTube and watch a video of someone speed running the time trial, and copy their route through the level and the strategies they use. It will take at least a few tries on each level to practice what you saw and memorize the route, but once you do you will be surprised at how quickly you are able to complete a time trial that just seemed impossible a short while earlier.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dieselmanchild said:

I’m not lying lol... ?‍♂️ 

Difficulty is, of course, subjective and will vary from person to person. But generally speaking? This is a relative easy game. If anything it is just grindy. I think the 5/10 difficulty rating in the guide is pretty accurate IMO.

Put it this way... before I tried Sonic Forces this month, I have not played any Sonic games at all. So believe me dude, if someone completely inexperienced with Sonic games can platinum this game in a week then I truly believe anybody can.

Everything I said above is the truth. 99% of the trophy list is very easy. The majority of the trophies will come naturally. The rest just require some grinding.

The ONLY parts of this game that is actually challenging are the time trials. And possibly some of the Silver Moon Rings for some people. But the Super Sonic character is incredibly OP and trivializes the very hardest challenges. Seriously, he’s basically like a cheat code. You get unlimited boost and become completely immune to damage! 

All you really have to do is go to YouTube and watch a video of someone speed running the time trial, and copy their route through the level and the strategies they use. It will take at least a few tries on each level to practice what you saw and memorize the route, but once you do you will be surprised at how quickly you are able to complete a time trial that just seemed impossible a short while earlier.

Interesting. I’ll have to try it, thanks for the tip! I haven’t started the game yet but I’m hoping it won’t be any worse in terms of difficulty than the special blue stages on Sonic Mania. You should definitely give those a go since you haven’t played other Sonic games before. They’re not insanely challenging but the frustration is there.

• Like 1

On 2020-03-26 at 2:14 PM, Emina said:

Interesting. I’ll have to try it, thanks for the tip! I haven’t started the game yet but I’m hoping it won’t be any worse in terms of difficulty than the special blue stages on Sonic Mania. You should definitely give those a go since you haven’t played other Sonic games before. They’re not insanely challenging but the frustration is there.

I definitely mean to check it out sometime, I’ve heard Sonic Mania is pretty great! Those Blue sphere stages look like hell though, just watching a couple on YouTube made me dizzy and my eyes hurt! ?

• Like 1

I wish I knew about the Super Sonic character DLC before I finished all of the time trials.
With standard characters, most of the time trials have absolutely no room for error. Apart from the final boss 270 sec trial, I believe every single other trial I made it with mere milliseconds to spare after numerous attempt at each.

So with no DLC, this plat is far from impossible, but you will be cursing quite a bit with the time trials. Everything else in this game is easy.

After everything was done, I still needed about 60k rings, so I had to play a single level 60+ times to get the remaining rings.

• Like 1