this game is super fun

melodicmizery

• 1 year later...
On 3/26/2020 at 6:40 PM, melodicmizery said:

i finally got a vita and grabbed this for free out of the ps store. i cant stop playing it. it is very repetitive but i have to say im having a blast with this

Thanks for mentioning this.  Going to get it now!!!

Always looking for something for the Vita.

This has convinced me to pick it up as well. Thanks for the recommendations (and to @kfree7 for the necro thread bump!)

Edit - @agorazUHD @melodicmizery Have the game save glitches been fixed? I’m reading that closing the app reset a lot of progress? But that was back in 2015 so….

Edited by diskdocx
  • Like 2

On 9/3/2021 at 7:54 PM, diskdocx said:

This has convinced me to pick it up as well. Thanks for the recommendations (and to @kfree7 for the necro thread bump!)

Edit - @agorazUHD @melodicmizery Have the game save glitches been fixed? I’m reading that closing the app reset a lot of progress? But that was back in 2015 so….

Way to go!  Go get it. Keep us posted on your progress here. We will have some good fun. 

Edited by kfree7
  • Like 1

I just finished this game and it's one of the biggest piles of trash I've ever come across. Not only does the save glitch still exist where the game stops saving after a bit of play, but it's also a grindfest with incredibly shallow gameplay. Combine this with the fact that certain enemies glitch into the floor and kill you without anything you can do about it and it becomes a huge pain in the ass to finish off the 100%. I ended up leaving my vita on for 3-4 days straight to get the last few trophies done, long after the game stopped saving but I did not want to lose any more progress I had made.

I'm pretty shocked that people actually have good things to say about this game, and just thought I'd add my thoughts for anyone to consider before starting it.

@diskdocx, the only glitch I found was the 'enemies through the floor' glitch which sometimes happened near the later levels with coconuts. It made farming coconuts a pain (and probably why it's an ultra rare trophy too), but other than that, no save issues for me. I recently did this on my account 2019, and it took roughly a month to 100%. Not because of any save glitches, just because it is a bit of a grind in general (and work breaks of course LOL)

Being a free to play, this should be no surprise though since the goal here was to get you to spend some money on it. I didn't spend a dime, and to me, it felt like Jetpack Joyride: every little progress got you just a bit further the next round. It is the same kill fest every round, so I can understand the argument here in that it can be shallow and boring sometimes.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 9/5/2021 at 2:54 AM, agorazUHD said:

@diskdocx, the only glitch I found was the 'enemies through the floor' glitch which sometimes happened near the later levels with coconuts. It made farming coconuts a pain (and probably why it's an ultra rare trophy too), but other than that, no save issues for me. I recently did this on my account 2019, and it took roughly a month to 100%. Not because of any save glitches, just because it is a bit of a grind in general (and work breaks of course LOL)

Being a free to play, this should be no surprise though since the goal here was to get you to spend some money on it. I didn't spend a dime, and to me, it felt like Jetpack Joyride: every little progress got you just a bit further the next round. It is the same kill fest every round, so I can understand the argument here in that it can be shallow and boring sometimes.

same here, the only issue i had was the floor bug. so grinding that last enemy out was a bit rough. but i liked the game alot 

• Like 1