Cannot Match with my alts

VoidVictorious

Note: This is from my memory years ago, so I may have this completely wrong. If anyone else has any experience with trying this recently, please give any tips on how you were managing to boost this game still.

I tried doing this with someone years ago now with the same issues. We ended up deciding it just wasn't worth the massive amount of hassle and gave up.

IIRC, the matchmaking system will only match you with users that are really close to you in rankings. There is however, a delay (I think it was a few days?) before everything is uploaded to the leaderboards correctly.

IIRC from when we tried, the alts would match with our accounts for a few days, because they were not as of yet registered on the leaderboards (we kept checking). Once they were registered after a while, they would stop matching with our main accounts. The only solution was to create a new dummy alt account. We would have needed to keep doing this once every few days, until we hit the Top 50. It's a shame, but I honestly don't think it's worth spending hours and hours on anymore :(

This trophy would have been a lot fairer if they just reset the leaderboards frequently.

5 minutes ago, masdawg1988 said:

Note: This is from my memory years ago, so I may have this completely wrong. If anyone else has any experience with trying this recently, please give any tips on how you were managing to boost this game still.

I tried doing this with someone years ago now with the same issues. We ended up deciding it just wasn't worth the massive amount of hassle and gave up.

IIRC, the matchmaking system will only match you with users that are really close to you in rankings. There is however, a delay (I think it was a few days?) before everything is uploaded to the leaderboards correctly.

IIRC from when we tried, the alts would match with our accounts for a few days, because they were not as of yet registered on the leaderboards (we kept checking). Once they were registered after a while, they would stop matching with our main accounts. The only solution was to create a new dummy alt account. We would have needed to keep doing this once every few days, until we hit the Top 50. It's a shame, but I honestly don't think it's worth spending hours and hours on anymore :(

This trophy would have been a lot fairer if they just reset the leaderboards frequently.

The issue is I can connect two fresh alts to each other, but I can’t connect anybody to my main, even new alts.

Hmmmm...I know that it's extremely hard to match up with other uses unless they are very close to you in rank. Maybe we got lucky years ago with our alts not updating onto the leaderboards as quick as they should have? The alt's will be able to match no problem because they are both fresh.

Wish I could help more, but I can only put it down to this games strict matchmaking rules.

Would love to hear from someone who managed to get this recently on how they managed it!

The only way I could see it working would be to boost with a full tables of users, each starting at the same time and alternating wins so that (hopefully) everyone would stay level enough to continue matching until everyone was Top 50...

1 hour ago, masdawg1988 said:

Hmmmm...I know that it's extremely hard to match up with other uses unless they are very close to you in rank. Maybe we got lucky years ago with our alts not updating onto the leaderboards as quick as they should have? The alt's will be able to match no problem because they are both fresh.

Wish I could help more, but I can only put it down to this games strict matchmaking rules.

Would love to hear from someone who managed to get this recently on how they managed it!

The only way I could see it working would be to boost with a full tables of users, each starting at the same time and alternating wins so that (hopefully) everyone would stay level enough to continue matching until everyone was Top 50...

How can I fix my main so I can match with others?

36 minutes ago, VoidVictorious said:

How can I fix my main so I can match with others?

I don't actually think there is anything wrong with your main itself. I believe it would all be down to having someone matchmaking the same time as you who was around the same ranking as you. Because the game is so dead now, this may be almost impossible to manage. Even if you organise boosters, you may simply not be able to ever match with each other.

I am not exactly sure what the matchmaking criteria is, so have no idea how much leadway it gives you when it comes to who it will allow you to match with.

Hello,

I got this trophy quite "recently" (about a year ago, 6th April 2019). I did it with 4 PS3s (they are very cheap these days). The only time I could match with my main is if the alts were new accounts who had never played Uno before. If Uno crashed for some reason for an alt, it was gone. Had to create a new alt to find me. So every new gaming session I had to create three new alts.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sikutai said:

Boosting UNO with 4 Playstations 3...

Well, you need to get to TOP 50 on a leaderboard that never resets. I think I had to play about 50 hours for that. So if you are four players, 200 hours... Not counting the mess with matchmaking in this game! So yeah, 4 PS3s is a good way to go if you want 100% in this game.

• Like 2

On 3/29/2020 at 0:52 PM, masdawg1988 said:

I don't actually think there is anything wrong with your main itself. I believe it would all be down to having someone matchmaking the same time as you who was around the same ranking as you. Because the game is so dead now, this may be almost impossible to manage. Even if you organise boosters, you may simply not be able to ever match with each other.

I am not exactly sure what the matchmaking criteria is, so have no idea how much leadway it gives you when it comes to who it will allow you to match with.

it seems like people can find me but I can’t find them.

On 3/30/2020 at 2:46 AM, Ragowit said:

Hello,

I got this trophy quite "recently" (about a year ago, 6th April 2019). I did it with 4 PS3s (they are very cheap these days). The only time I could match with my main is if the alts were new accounts who had never played Uno before. If Uno crashed for some reason for an alt, it was gone. Had to create a new alt to find me. So every new gaming session I had to create three new alts.

That’s the really strange thing. People seem to have no problem finding me, but I get “room not found” despite them being able to join me.

Hello,

I think that it will be within 50th place in the same area.

Two PS3s are required for acquisition.

Online play is error-prone. For rematching, the two accounts must always have the same rank.

To match with the main account, you need to note down the main points, play with the other two accounts and get the same points.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, JWill_55 said:

I tried this a while ago and had no problems.. mind you I have 6 accounts I’m finding and settle with 3 of them.. that reminds me , I might have to give this a go again , finish that 100%.

That’s because the UK version was one of the only versions patched to 1.01 (fixes matchmaking) US is at 1.00, which is why this is so difficult.

• 1 month later...
On 27/05/2020 at 10:59 PM, VoidVictorious said:

That’s because the UK version was one of the only versions patched to 1.01 (fixes matchmaking) US is at 1.00, which is why this is so difficult.

Yeah I played with this a bit more since posting this , had no problem matching up with my alts. Also checked, the game is the UK version, so that makes sense what you’re saying. 

• 1 month later...

i dont know if this will help im about to try now, but long ago in bfbc1 my main wouldnt connect to the game after sony had been hacked that first time. what i had to do was start the game, log out of psn, then log back in all while keping the game on. and then my main could find friends or alts. it worked with alot of games over the years. sony isnt nice to our old accounts lol

btw f that 5k points trophy, it just took me 60, 60!!!! matches to get 5k points. the ai just would not let me win cheating bastards.

Edited by melodicmizery

18 minutes ago, melodicmizery said:

i dont know if this will help im about to try now, but long ago in bfbc1 my main wouldnt connect to the game after sony had been hacked that first time. what i had to do was start the game, log out of psn, then log back in all while keping the game on. and then my main could find friends or alts. it worked with alot of games over the years. sony isnt nice to our old accounts lol

btw f that 5k points trophy, it just took me 60, 60!!!! matches to get 5k points. the ai just would not let me win cheating bastards.

I deleted it yesterday resigning to not get 100%, well... whatever % it would be without that top 50. I would never do that. But that 5k one was enough to make me not even care about the rest. I just needed online ones besides that, and don't feel like bothering with that either. Oh well.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

I deleted it yesterday resigning to not get 100%, well... whatever % it would be without that top 50. I would never do that. But that 5k one was enough to make me not even care about the rest. I just needed online ones besides that, and don't feel like bothering with that either. Oh well.

im going to do the 2 online ones and then decide after that if i want to go for the last. i'll need 1,500,000 points roughly. right now im getting 300-1000 points per match but it is mind boggling controlling 4 ps3s. i got a technique down that 3 alts all draw cards and my main plays the card. but then the deck runs out and the game gets confused almost. and even if you idle, you have to hit start for the next game. so there is no easy way to get in the top 50. i estimate at minimum youll have to play 1,000 rounds to get around 1 million points. if you only play with one alt, the game makes the other 2 ai bots which can take longer. i didnt have a problem matchmaking, but my main account only had 200 points from 10 years ago. im going to at least test tommorrow if it will match the alts after the leaderboard is updated. for now im going to play 50 games in a row so i can get that trophy before i am unable to do so. the game is delisted in the ps store and luckily i bought it when sony let you gameshare 5 ps3s still so i had to dig back to 2010 in my download list to find it. anyway you look at this, its going to be a extreme headache. im surprised the trophy isnt more rare. whats worse is im colorblind so green and yellow look like the exact same card..

also one last thing if you cant find  your friend or alt, search for the exact same match preferences and it should show up

edit. roughly after 4 hours i finally got the 50 wins with a final score of 29,354. if that helps anyone in the future at some point the game started challenging me for some reason when i didnt call uno or used a wildcard even when it was justified i would have to draw until i made sure i called uno, even though there was no ai bots which was weird

Edited by melodicmizery

• 1 month later...
On 8/20/2020 at 9:33 AM, melodicmizery said:

im going to do the 2 online ones and then decide after that if i want to go for the last. i'll need 1,500,000 points roughly. right now im getting 300-1000 points per match but it is mind boggling controlling 4 ps3s. i got a technique down that 3 alts all draw cards and my main plays the card. but then the deck runs out and the game gets confused almost. and even if you idle, you have to hit start for the next game. so there is no easy way to get in the top 50. i estimate at minimum youll have to play 1,000 rounds to get around 1 million points. if you only play with one alt, the game makes the other 2 ai bots which can take longer. i didnt have a problem matchmaking, but my main account only had 200 points from 10 years ago. im going to at least test tommorrow if it will match the alts after the leaderboard is updated. for now im going to play 50 games in a row so i can get that trophy before i am unable to do so. the game is delisted in the ps store and luckily i bought it when sony let you gameshare 5 ps3s still so i had to dig back to 2010 in my download list to find it. anyway you look at this, its going to be a extreme headache. im surprised the trophy isnt more rare. whats worse is im colorblind so green and yellow look like the exact same card..

also one last thing if you cant find  your friend or alt, search for the exact same match preferences and it should show up

edit. roughly after 4 hours i finally got the 50 wins with a final score of 29,354. if that helps anyone in the future at some point the game started challenging me for some reason when i didnt call uno or used a wildcard even when it was justified i would have to draw until i made sure i called uno, even though there was no ai bots which was weird

It is a truly soul sucking endeavor. Getting to the top 50 is just not worth it. I did it and I am still recovering.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/18/2020 at 1:27 AM, VoidVictorious said:

It is a truly soul sucking endeavor. Getting to the top 50 is just not worth it. I did it and I am still recovering.

lol yah i decided to give up. i could do it with 4 consoles but constantly leaning to pick up a controller makes my ribs sore. there is nothing comfortable or fun about it. and for a bronze 

• Like 1