Grinding FATEs

Outer La Noscea is a poor choice if you're playing solo. The fates in U'ghamaro Mines are boss fates, which take too long to complete if you're playing solo. If you're solo, I'm pretty sure Middle La Noscea or Western Thanalan are faster.

Edited by SublimeHawk

For those still grinding fates, the Yo Kai Watch event starts on August 19th and lasts until patch 5.4, which will be for a few months at least, so I think you might want to wait until then to continue the grind. Many players will be grinding fates for medals, the mines in Outer La Noscea will be a very popular spot, with so many players grinding medals, fates will be completed very quickly, speeding up the 1000 fate grind significantly. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Venocide said:

For those still grinding fates, the Yo Kai Watch event starts on August 19th and lasts until patch 5.4, which will be for a few months at least, so I think you might want to wait until then to continue the grind. Many players will be grinding fates for medals, the mines in Outer La Noscea will be a very popular spot, with so many players grinding medals, fates will be completed very quickly, speeding up the 1000 fate grind significantly. 

That's awesome! I really liked the Yo Kai Event and it's really helpful for the Trophy Grind :D

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 24-7-2020 at 0:14 AM, SublimeHawk said:

Outer La Noscea is a poor choice if you're playing solo. The fates in U'ghamaro Mines are boss fates, which take too long to complete if you're playing solo. If you're solo, I'm pretty sure Middle La Noscea or Western Thanalan are faster.

Can confirm. I finished grinding and I did pretty much all of it as a MNK in Middle La Noscea, Western and Central Thanalan. Did 25 a day to not go insane. Glad to have it done haha

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/28/2020 at 6:47 AM, Venocide said:

I was going to mention that but thankfully you beat me to the punch. I need to go do that quest RIGHT NOW. *runs off* :ninja:

On 7/28/2020 at 7:09 AM, YesImAPwnda said:

That's awesome! I really liked the Yo Kai Event and it's really helpful for the Trophy Grind :D

Yeah, this was the first crossover event I experienced in FFXIV after returning to it. I'm severing all my bonds to Wizard101 forever, this game rocks. :)

Also, I wanted to ask anyone who has earned the platinum here this: Can the trophy pop if you do stuff on multiple alts? For example, I have Arora Azala, my halfling--er, Lalafell who has reached Level 58 in fishing and fished up over 200 fish. I also created a Hyur, Caramelle Syrupp, and she got 146 fish so far. Would the game count that as 346 fish caught or do I have to get all 1000 fish on one character? Just asking if anyone got the trophy from alts. (I know that I need to stick with one character but I like doing alts because I want one character who starts from each area).

Edited by CJ-Olly6

• 1 year later...
On 6/2/2020 at 7:47 PM, Mattiechuu said:

Outer La Noscea 100%

Go into the mines and there are 2 fates up there that spawn one after another and they are ALLLLWAYS up. They're only a short walk away from each other too. It was the go to fate grinding spot during the Yokai watch event and it should still be the same!

my problem with these is that they're pretty hard, they also take long to complete when you're solo 

• 1 year later...
8 hours ago, s68sc said:

I got the Complete Edition but my subscription did expire 1 year ago...

I don't think you can use the free trial on your account if you already have the CE. You can try using the free trial on your PC. It might work, but I'm not completely sure.

• 11 months later...

I just found out that those two Kobold FATE bosses in the mines that the guide mentions... neither is immune to Ultravibration, so I didn't even need to pick up Tail Screw. Of course, that means that it'll take three days to get 1000 FATEs cleared because of the 2 minute cooldown for Ultravibration, but you can use it to take out any adds as well. Just make sure you have Ram's Voice to freeze everyone. ;)

22 minutes ago, ProfSeajay7 said:

I just found out that those two Kobold FATE bosses in the mines that the guide mentions... neither is immune to Ultravibration, so I didn't even need to pick up Tail Screw. Of course, that means that it'll take three days to get 1000 FATEs cleared because of the 2 minute cooldown for Ultravibration, but you can use it to take out any adds as well. Just make sure you have Ram's Voice to freeze everyone. ;)

Unsync and do a trial between FATEs and your cooldown timer will reset. I've been running those two FATEs with my blue mage and doing Ifrit unsynced inbetween. It takes between 4 to 7 seconds for me to take our Ifrit with chocobo meteor and then when complete I'm ready for rams voice + ultravibration for the next FATE. Rinse ans repeat! It still takes awhile (I'm currently pushing from 1000 to 3000 FATEs, but I can also work on the 2000 trials at the same time

18 hours ago, RoastedPeanut said:

Unsync and do a trial between FATEs and your cooldown timer will reset. I've been running those two FATEs with my blue mage and doing Ifrit unsynced inbetween. It takes between 4 to 7 seconds for me to take our Ifrit with chocobo meteor and then when complete I'm ready for rams voice + ultravibration for the next FATE. Rinse ans repeat! It still takes awhile (I'm currently pushing from 1000 to 3000 FATEs, but I can also work on the 2000 trials at the same time

I didn't know that. Too bad I already got the trophy for 100 instanced raids. I might try that for my other account which needs 3000 FATEs. Is there a raid that has a lot of adds? I am only at 3108 enemies for the 10,000 enemy kill trophy. :(

Edited by ProfSeajay7