Pre-Order GTAV Day 1 Digital on PlayStation Network

Goro

Starting today PS3 fans in North America and Latin America can pre-order the Day 1 Digital version of Grand Theft Auto V on PlayStation Network. All Day 1 Digital pre-orders get access to fly the Atomic Blimp in-game vehicle just like those who pre-order a physical Standard Edition copy.

As an added bonus, Day 1 Digital pre-orders will also receive an exclusive PS3 theme along with 75% off on any Rockstar full game title on PSN* (to help tide you over these last few weeks before GTAV hits on September 17th). You can pre-order the Day 1 Digital version by going to the New on PS3: PSN Pre-Orders section of the PlayStation Store.

When you pre-order something on PSN does it download it and lock it until the game releases? 

Parker

No, it adds the game to your download list on the day of release...So assuming this will be a huge file you likely wouldn't be able to play it until the day after it releases.

Edited by Kazuma

No it adds the game to your download list at 00:00 of the games release date...So assuming this will be huge file you likely wouldn't be able to play it until the day after

Then what in the hell is the point of a pre-order? It's be awesome if Sony did it like Steam and when you pre-order it the game downloads but is locked from being played until the release date. That way you could still get a digital copy if you wanted and actually play it instead of having to wait hours before the game downloads. 

Parker

• Like 1

Then what in the hell is the point of a pre-order? It's be awesome if Sony did it like Steam and when you pre-order it the game downloads but is locked from being played until the release date. That way you could still get a digital copy if you wanted and actually play it instead of having to wait hours before the game downloads. 

Parker

This is pretty much the reason why I rarely pre-order anything from psn store, you don't actually get the game until like the next day which everyone already got their physical copy the day before and to sweeten stuff up the untradeable copy is also more expensive than the physical copy which makes no sense. 

Pre order in the UK and you can download the game before release day. I pre ordered it last night and I had the option to download it but I didn't have the space. It then disappeared from my list so ill have to wait about 4 days before release to download it but we still can and we can play it at 12.01am. Dunno why you cant in the US.  Also I got £15 off Midnight club which makes the price not that bad.

I pre ordered it last night and I had the option to download it but I didn't have the space. It then disappeared from my list so ill have to wait about 4 days before release to download it but we still can and we can play it at 12.01am. Dunno why you cant in the US.

Heard some people got the pre-load and now they are trying to get it to run or something, maybe that's why it disappeared?

US didn't get it because of SCEA (for whatever reason) imo, because SCEE had pre-loading for awhile from what i'm hearing...

Heard some people got the pre-load and now they are trying to get it to run or something, maybe that's why it disappeared?

US didn't get it because of SCEA (for whatever reason) imo, because SCEE had pre-loading for awhile from what i'm hearing...

Yeah I pre-loaded Borderlands 2, Sly 4 and Payday 2

• 3 weeks later...

Love Sony, but with Day 1 Digital, especially a game as large in file size as GTA V, it's foolish to pre-order on PSN. If you're one of the millions who can't wait to play this game that is anyway. First, you have to wait until Sony decides to update the store in your region. Then, you have to wait until it finishes downloading (which a file the size of 22gb will most likely take AT LEAST 24hrs. to finish downloading. Then, you have to wait for it to finish installing to your hdd, which will probably take another hour or 2. So you more that likely won't get to play this masterpiece until probably 2 days AFTER it releases.,

Paid for mine at GameStop in full and am picking it up,at midnight so I should be playing it by 1:00am if everything goes smoothly. Smart gamer will buy this retail at their local retailer

Love Sony, but with Day 1 Digital, especially a game as large in file size as GTA V, it's foolish to pre-order on PSN. If you're one of the millions who can't wait to play this game that is anyway. First, you have to wait until Sony decides to update the store in your region. Then, you have to wait until it finishes downloading (which a file the size of 22gb will most likely take AT LEAST 24hrs. to finish downloading. Then, you have to wait for it to finish installing to your hdd, which will probably take another hour or 2. So you more that likely won't get to play this masterpiece until probably 2 days AFTER it releases.,

Paid for mine at GameStop in full and am picking it up,at midnight so I should be playing it by 1:00am if everything goes smoothly. Smart gamer will buy this retail at their local retailer

It starts pre-loading tomorrow in EU and Monday in US.