Risk of Rain 2 Platinum Difficulty and Time Estimate?

Trumpet_Boi_208

I am currently making a trophy guide for Risk of Rain 2, and I’m debating on what the difficulty rating and time estimate should be. Since I know there’s going to be a lot of controversy about it, I will ask y’all the trophy difficulty and time estimate, and I will average it based on everyone’s results. 

24 minutes ago, Trumpet_Boi_208 said:

I am currently making a trophy guide for Risk of Rain 2, and I’m debating on what the difficulty rating and time estimate should be. Since I know there’s going to be a lot of controversy about it, I will ask y’all the trophy difficulty and time estimate, and I will average it based on everyone’s results. 

I'm waiting for a guide to start, What would be your own opinion?

9 hours ago, Phoenixgaming1 said:

I'm waiting for a guide to start, What would be your own opinion?

Judging by the opinions of the people on one of the forums here, and from my own experience so far, I’m giving it around a

5-6/10.

I do have a guide in the works, I just haven’t posted the link.

Edited by Trumpet_Boi_208

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, ZeromusF4 said:

Any progress on the guide?

The guide is close to finishing. I just need to add the images, some finishing touches, and to check to make sure everything is right. I plan on using images that I will upload myself as a private video on YouTube.

11 minutes ago, NekoRave said:

Eh to each their own but theres many 7s on guides anyways that are way easier than this.

Its more of a gauge anyways and lots of people will have different answers

I’ll probably keep it at a 6 for now. If popular opinion demands it, then I will update the guide accordingly.

It is crazy to me how the 20 round trophy is sitting at almost 20 percent. I just did it. No glass trick, portal tricks don't work. So just 20 rounds and just from round 12 onward it becomes absolutely insane. This may be one of the hardest things I have done lmao and it's sitting at 20 percent. Either I suck or just a lot of people got the 20 round trophy with some sort of cheese I'm not ware of. 

Maybe the RoR2 community very good. 

Edited by Stardroid

1 hour ago, Stardroid said:

It is crazy to me how the 20 round trophy is sitting at almost 20 percent. I just did it. No glass trick, portal tricks don't work. So just 20 rounds and just from round 12 onward it becomes absolutely insane. This may be one of the hardest things I have done lmao and it's sitting at 20 percent. Either I suck or just a lot of people got the 20 round trophy with some sort of cheese I'm not ware of. 

Maybe the RoR2 community very good. 

Did you do it solo or with others? I think the reason why the percentage is so high is because Risk of Rain 2 is not a popular game, and the people who get it are more dedicated to the trophies, similar to other games like Dark Souls and Bloodborne.

1 hour ago, Trumpet_Boi_208 said:

Did you do it solo or with others? I think the reason why the percentage is so high is because Risk of Rain 2 is not a popular game, and the people who get it are more dedicated to the trophies, similar to other games like Dark Souls and Bloodborne.

I did it solo

2 hours ago, Stardroid said:

I did it solo

That probably explains why it was insanely difficult. I’m not saying its easy when done in multiplayer, as you would have to share your items with your teammates, which could hinder your overall power, but it’s probably why the percentage is so high. 

6 hours ago, NekoRave said:

Its probably why i rated it higher myself i didnt even think about the co-op factor.

Never played it in co-op tbh so it was kinda brutal.

That’s kind of why I refrained from giving the game a 7/10 difficulty rating. However, it doesn’t make it too easy, as you would have to worry about sharing your items with your teammates, potentially hindering your build. However, the extra teammates still help give you that extra edge to survival.

18 hours ago, NekoRave said:

Its probably why i rated it higher myself i didnt even think about the co-op factor.

Never played it in co-op tbh so it was kinda brutal.

Co-Op is much harder than solo imo I still play this game on PC and I get wrecked in co-op but can get 20+ rounds in consistently in solo.  

Once you understand the game mechanics it becomes much easier.  I would say the plat was a 5/10 on release but may be harder now that Monsoon was made harder.

Also if anyone is having a lot of trouble a trick you can use is farm around 15 lunar coins and upload to a USB or the Cloud.  Memorize newt altar locations go to the store every chance and get as many shaped glass as possible. If you die just get your save from the cloud and try again.

11 hours ago, NekoRave said:

What if only one person got upgrades how easy would it be?

If you were considering using them as bait, then it would be kind of easier. However, that also means that your teammates would be much more fragile without these upgrades, so I think they balance out.

1 hour ago, iGGTheEnd said:

Co-Op is much harder than solo imo I still play this game on PC and I get wrecked in co-op but can get 20+ rounds in consistently in solo.  

Once you understand the game mechanics it becomes much easier.  I would say the plat was a 5/10 on release but may be harder now that Monsoon was made harder.

Also if anyone is having a lot of trouble a trick you can use is farm around 15 lunar coins and upload to a USB or the Cloud.  Memorize newt altar locations go to the store every chance and get as many shaped glass as possible. If you die just get your save from the cloud and try again.

Thank you for this information. I will add this to the guide if you allow it.

8 hours ago, Trumpet_Boi_208 said:

If you were considering using them as bait, then it would be kind of easier. However, that also means that your teammates would be much more fragile without these upgrades, so I think they balance out.

The shaped glass tip? Yes for sure you can add it.  Also the plat time of this game all depends on Monsoon + 20 levels, for some people they could plat this game in 20 hours or less and for some it might take around 40-50 hours in my opinion.  My guess would be 35 hours for the average player to get the game mechanics down less for a more seasoned gamer.

Edited by iGGTheEnd

On 5/19/2020 at 5:42 PM, Trumpet_Boi_208 said:

So are you still following through with your guide? I just completed the full trophy list and could make one myself. Obviously if you are continuing ahead with it, I won't bother. 

Could someone please help me with making a back up save for getting to level 20. I've tried several times and it never works, I've used the method with several other games(Xcom 1 and 2, Overland, Mutant Year Zero etc) so I understand how it works just not with this game. Thanks i  advance.

4 hours ago, elpoko said:

Could someone please help me with making a back up save for getting to level 20. I've tried several times and it never works, I've used the method with several other games(Xcom 1 and 2, Overland, Mutant Year Zero etc) so I understand how it works just not with this game. Thanks i  advance.

A back up save?  You cant save in this game you do a run and if you die you start a new run if you exit the run you have to start over.

12 hours ago, Stardroid said:

So are you still following through with your guide? I just completed the full trophy list and could make one myself. Obviously if you are continuing ahead with it, I won't bother. 

I am still following through with the guide. If you want to assist me, by all means, say the word, and I’ll add you as a contributor. If you do join, all I ask is that you don’t expect an amazing guide, as I’m still kind of new to the art of writing a guide.

22 minutes ago, Trumpet_Boi_208 said:

I am still following through with the guide. If you want to assist me, by all means, say the word, and I’ll add you as a contributor. If you do join, all I ask is that you don’t expect an amazing guide, as I’m still kind of new to the art of writing a guide.

Thanks for offering but I'll decline and to keep the autonomy of your guide. Although it's a bit tricky, this guide. The Artifact update should release on PS4 soon, this will make the platinum an absolute joke. So things will change again soon and after that, probably the 1.0 release close to the launch of PS5. 

5 hours ago, iGGTheEnd said:

A back up save?  You cant save in this game you do a run and if you die you start a new run if you exit the run you have to start over.

4 hours ago, NekoRave said:

Only thing you can save is lunar coins and perks.

Other than that ur sol.

If you could save in game this would be a 1/10 difficulty plat

I understand I can't save mid run, I want to create a save before I start a run so I can get the order/layout/newt altar locations so when I die I can reload and give myself a slight advantage. When I go into my save files there are two for ROR2, Profile and Settings. I've tried using each as a back up but neither works when I copy them back. I'm really struggling with level 20, it gets chaotic from level 15 and I find myself getting one shotted constantly, it's real frustrating. 

6 hours ago, elpoko said:

I understand I can't save mid run, I want to create a save before I start a run so I can get the order/layout/newt altar locations so when I die I can reload and give myself a slight advantage. When I go into my save files there are two for ROR2, Profile and Settings. I've tried using each as a back up but neither works when I copy them back. I'm really struggling with level 20, it gets chaotic from level 15 and I find myself getting one shotted constantly, it's real frustrating. 

Ahh I see, only Lunar coins can be saved, farm 15 of them then back up your save.  Level layouts are always randomly generated even if you back up your save but newt altars are usually in the same 3 spots per level so you can keep checking for them and restarting your game until they spawn on the first map if you want.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Stardroid said:

Thanks for offering but I'll decline and to keep the autonomy of your guide. Although it's a bit tricky, this guide. The Artifact update should release on PS4 soon, this will make the platinum an absolute joke. So things will change again soon and after that, probably the 1.0 release close to the launch of PS5. 

I’m not sure if you’ll still be able to unlock trophies with artifacts enabled. However, I checked the update, and if you still can unlock trophies with them, then the difficulty would bump down to maybe a 3 or 4.

26 minutes ago, iGGTheEnd said:

Ahh I see, only Lunar coins can be saved, farm 15 of them then back up your save.  Level layouts are always randomly generated even if you back up your save but newt altars are usually in the same 3 spots per level so you can keep checking for them and restarting your game until they spawn on the first map if you want.

Ok, thanks for info.