Mastermind Matchmaking Status

Hey there, 

I decided to contact capcom with respect to the endless matchmaking when trying to play as a mastermind.

This is their response (in bold):

Dear customer,

Thank you for contacting us at Capcom Support.

We are very sorry to hear that to play Resident Evil Resistance as Mastermind is taking too long.

We are aware of this situation and the development team is working to solve it as soon as possible. However, the demand for the Mastermind role is quite high and it is normal if it takes a longer time to find survivors to play it with.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your understanding.

This might sound like a generic answer, but there is light at the end of the tunnel (if the development is really working to fix this :P)

• Like 1

This game suffers from the same problem that Dead by Daylight has. I don't believe there will ever be a patch to fix this unless they time you out for 15 minutes once you finish a match as mastermind. In order to give other players a chance to have a go. Therefore, forcing people to play a round of survivor until they can get back in for another turn.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zippyhammer said:

Just as I thought.

Jill came out and I tried survivors, had trouble finding a match. Not enough Masterminds perhaps? Are they more interested in trying Jill out? I tried hosting as MM and BOOM finally my first MM match

The second Jill came out I'm now getting survivor matches immediately whereas there would be a little bit of a delay before. I have no idea how their matchmaking works. I just finished up my mastermind trophies earlier today thankfully. Only a few more survivor ones for plat.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zippyhammer said:

Just as I thought.

Jill came out and I tried survivors, had trouble finding a match. Not enough Masterminds perhaps? Are they more interested in trying Jill out? I tried hosting as MM and BOOM finally my first MM match

did you have to wait ages? Still unable to find matches as MM myself ..-.-

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ClintonLS90 said:

Not fixed on my end. Just waited for 20 minutes and said **** it

I had the situation that , when searching a match as MM, all of a sudden after 8 minutes of waiting it said 4/5 but I KNEW! that the desired 5/5 scenario will not show up and that´s exactly how it went .. so idk man, it sucks

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jasko_SOA said:

I had the situation that , when searching a match as MM, all of a sudden after 8 minutes of waiting it said 4/5 but I KNEW! that the desired 5/5 scenario will not show up and that´s exactly how it went .. so idk man, it sucks

I used to have to wait at least 80 minutes to find a match as the MM. Now it takes about 60 minutes. 

Got mine to work too... For anyone else having trouble: Typing in the IP adress from your PS4 into the DMZ option from your router is usually a good hint. If you do not have the option of enabling DMZ (I did not have this option) then your router probably uses something called internet protocol version 6 (IPV6). I had to call my provider in order for them to change it to IPV4. Now I find mastermind matches faster than survivor lobbies lol.

Glad I got it to work without having to rely on a patch from sh*tcom

• Like 1

It's been almost three weeks, and they still haven't fixed the matchmaking issue for MM matchmaking. So basically if you want to play without any issues you should use an ethernet cable. That's why most people are having problems matchmaking, since they're using a wireless connection. 

The biggest problem in all this is you can't get the trophies if you make public or private session they force you to do the worst matchmaking ever I spent two days and I never got a chance to play as mastermind and yes I didn't got any trophy for mastermind which means this will take forever unless Capcom do something and am sure they will not do anything ...

22 minutes ago, Zippyhammer said:

There was a recent update and now I finally started a game after only 2 minutes.

This is only the second game I ever get to play as Mastermind. Hopefully it stays like that later

Yes update version 1.04 fixed matchmaking problems it’s faster now hopefully it’s makes things easier as mastermind to

39 minutes ago, MkayShock said:

Increased laggy matches due to this ... at least I never had so much laggy masterminds before. Almost every lobby is lagging now. 1f644.png

Yeah... I had no problem before now if it gets to the 3rd area I have no chance of moving my character

Edited by Odion13