Single player speed run

marius_maximus

After such a fantastic boosting multiplayer mode I’m planning to start the single player mode now. I’ve been going through the guide but it keeps saying to refer to the trophy description in order not to mess up while speeding up for the under 30 hours trophy. I can’t find anywhere any references to what to do not to mess up (especially with the friends related stuff) while going through the story.

Can someone give me some guidance on what to do? Thanks a lot

26 minutes ago, marius_maximus said:

After such a fantastic boosting multiplayer mode I’m planning to start the single player mode now. I’ve been going through the guide but it keeps saying to refer to the trophy description in order not to mess up while speeding up for the under 30 hours trophy. I can’t find anywhere any references to what to do not to mess up (especially with the friends related stuff) while going through the story.

For the trophy you don’t need to do anything except the story missions so you can leave the friends stuff until after. There is only one friend that you might need to keep an eye on and that’s the depressed one. Cant remember his name but I can’t do activities with him and can’t be bothered to redo game

Edit: I think it is Dwayne

Edited by giggedy
New info

30 minutes ago, marius_maximus said:

It's really simple. You can mess up a lot of missions and watch the cutscenes, as long as you use a taxi, every time you can. Trust me, it's really easy. I finished the game in about 17h that way. Oh and don't go out with friends, answer their calls, then cancel plans, that way, they won't stop liking you. It's really easy, overally, the single player is a pretty simple, but somewhat time consuming task, mainly the stunts and pigeons.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, giggedy said:

For the trophy you don’t need to do anything except the story missions so you can leave the friends stuff until after. There is only one friend that you might need to keep an eye on and that’s the depressed one. Cant remember his name but I can’t do activities with him and can’t be bothered to redo game

Edit: I think it is Dwayne

Just wanted to add that while it's possible you won't have Dwayne available in your phone contacts depending on decisions you make during the course of the game, completing activities with him is not required for 100% completion and according to the Trophy Guide is not needed for the "Liberty City (5)" trophy if he's not in your phone either ?

7 hours ago, Marco said:

Just wanted to add that while it's possible you won't have Dwayne available in your phone contacts depending on decisions you make during the course of the game, completing activities with him is not required for 100% completion and according to the Trophy Guide is not needed for the "Liberty City (5)" trophy if he's not in your phone either 1f44d.png

Thanks Marco, that’s exactly what I was trying to figure out. Are there any other decisions that I might make that might affect negatively the after story part later on?

4 hours ago, marius_maximus said:

Are there any other decisions that I might make that might affect negatively the after story part later on?

I'll second what was said above in that if you don't unlock the "Driving Mr. Bellic" trophy by the time you have to choose between Deal or Revenge, you will need to choose Revenge for it to remain possible in that save. I'm not sure if you've ever played the game before, but just in case I'll point out that this choice comes after the mission "One Last Thing". You'll have two markers on your map, a green dollar sign ($) which is the "Deal" path and a red dagger which is the "Revenge" path (and the one you should choose).

Otherwise I think you'll be fine. Some decisions you make may affect the number of Random Encounters available in your save but like the case with Dwayne, the encounters possible to miss are not required for 100% or the trophy according to the guide for "No More Strangers" so shouldn't be anything to worry about. Good luck with the playthrough! :)

5 hours ago, Josey_Wales_1865 said:

You need to make sure you choose the revenge option (A Dish Served Cold) towards the end of the game. If you do not, you may miss out on the Driving Mr. Bellic trophy.

25 minutes ago, Marco said:

I'll second what was said above in that if you don't unlock the "Driving Mr. Bellic" trophy by the time you have to choose between Deal or Revenge, you will need to choose Revenge for it to remain possible in that save. I'm not sure if you've ever played the game before, but just in case I'll point out that this choice comes after the mission "One Last Thing". You'll have two markers on your map, a green dollar sign ($) which is the "Deal" path and a red dagger which is the "Revenge" path (and the one you should choose).

Otherwise I think you'll be fine. Some decisions you make may affect the number of Random Encounters available in your save but like the case with Dwayne, the encounters possible to miss are not required for 100% or the trophy according to the guide for "No More Strangers" so shouldn't be anything to worry about. Good luck with the playthrough! :)

Thanks a lot guys. I’ve never played GTA IV before so I go completely blind with story and the order of the missions, so your tips will be really helpful. Thanks again

• Like 1

Granted, I've played the game multiple times but I came in at 22 hours including doing friend activities and a couple strangers/side missions. 

I love trophies as much as the next person on this site but if you've never played/beaten the game before please take your time and enjoy the experience. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

Granted, I've played the game multiple times but I came in at 22 hours including doing friend activities and a couple strangers/side missions. 

I love trophies as much as the next person on this site but if you've never played/beaten the game before please take your time and enjoy the experience. 

I will! Thanks a lot for your comment! :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/18/2020 at 5:03 PM, Wagszilla said:

Best idea is to do as Wagszilla says. There are a couple of very time consuming trophies such as finding all the pigeons or the stunt jumps. Playing the game slowly and progressing instead of rushing it will make your experience 100% better. Just be sure to get the 30 hour trophy first and leave all of the side trophies such as QU3B3D, friend activities, random strangers, pigeons, stunt jumps until the end.

Good luck and have fun.

I did the achievement years ago on Xbox and 30 hours is very generous as long as you just do the missions and leave any friend activities/collectibles etc until after the main story is done. I think my final time was like 21 hours and I watched all the cutscenes and I did a couple of the stranger missions