Let's Play Resident Evil

I also forgot about this thread. Probably because it's been a while since the last Resident Evil game I completed. ? But I picked up the Gold Edition of RE8 when it released and since then I got the 100% in both Re:Verse and RE8. I think that makes me a 'Master of Unlocking'?

ApFMLtd.png

The idea of Re:Verse is really silly, but I had a lot of fun with it. The trophies didn't take long to get which is probably a blessing given the lack of content in that game at the moment. I am curious to see if they add any new trophies in future updates. As for RE8, I loved it. Big improvement over RE7 in my opinion, and that's a game that grew on me quite a bit over time. I might even go so far as saying I liked RE8 more than the RE2 remake. It makes me even more excited for the RE4 remake next year. ?

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I got the Platinum and 100% in RE8 now. I think it was worth waiting for the Gold Edition since the game was optimized super well for PS5 plus the third-person mode was cool even if they do their best to make it where you don't see Ethan's face ? The Shadow of Rose DLC was also nice and was a good sendoff to the Winters family. Overall I really enjoyed it and I look forward to seeing what they do with the story from here.

Edited by Redgrave
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2022 at 9:18 AM, Undead Wolf said:

I also forgot about this thread. Probably because it's been a while since the last Resident Evil game I completed. 1f61b.png But I picked up the Gold Edition of RE8 when it released and since then I got the 100% in both Re:Verse and RE8. I think that makes me a 'Master of Unlocking'?

ApFMLtd.png

The idea of Re:Verse is really silly, but I had a lot of fun with it. The trophies didn't take long to get which is probably a blessing given the lack of content in that game at the moment. I am curious to see if they add any new trophies in future updates. As for RE8, I loved it. Big improvement over RE7 in my opinion, and that's a game that grew on me quite a bit over time. I might even go so far as saying I liked RE8 more than the RE2 remake. It makes me even more excited for the RE4 remake next year. 1f601.png

Awesome job and welcome to masters of unlocking!  I'm glad you enjoyed both games.  I liked RE8 too but I liked the slower pace and puzzle oriented gameplay of RE7 a bit better myself.  Here's your ammo!  Welcome back!

Spoiler

fL3Q1cf.pngJxFTOKR.png

On 11/21/2022 at 1:49 PM, Redgrave said:

I got the Platinum and 100% in RE8 now. I think it was worth waiting for the Gold Edition since the game was optimized super well for PS5 plus the third-person mode was cool even if they do their best to make it where you don't see Ethan's face 1f61b.png The Shadow of Rose DLC was also nice and was a good sendoff to the Winters family. Overall I really enjoyed it and I look forward to seeing what they do with the story from here.

Awesome job!  I still have to play shadow of rose but I know I'm more inclined to go back to it after having fun with the new mercenaries characters (I wasn't a fan of the mode originally).  Great job, here's your ammo!

Spoiler

UrRmITr.png

On 11/25/2022 at 5:26 AM, poker_1987 said:

Sorry if this is cheeky and I hope its allowed.

Does anyone  by chance  need the re 5 ps3 version professional trophy? It's one of two I need for the plat. Or any pro players able to carry me? 

I'd say it's allowed.  People can talk about organizing playthroughs here!  You may have some better luck looking in the gaming sessions (or creating one) though cause this thread isn't super active lately.  Just some advice though: Pro mode on RE5 isn't too terrible if you have upgraded weapons with unlimited ammo.  The true test will be the giant fight and the big spoiler fight as they are tough.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TomoTakino said:

Awesome job!  I still have to play shadow of rose but I know I'm more inclined to go back to it after having fun with the new mercenaries characters (I wasn't a fan of the mode originally).  Great job, here's your ammo!

Reveal hidden contents

UrRmITr.png

Yeah, the Mercenaries mode in the original release seemed kind of lacking since you only play as Ethan. I think the thing that would have bothered me the most was that on the harder maps you apparently only get access to a pistol and I think a sniper which is kind of nuts considering the enemies are harder. I can't imagine how Factory II would have gone with just that and I feel bad for people that went through with it ?

But yeah, it's cool they seem to be bringing Mercenaries back. I assume or at least hope they bring it back in RE4 Remake. It would be nice to see it back like it was in RE6 too, as well as bringing Raid Mode back in some way.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I'd like to sign up!

Main Games:

Resident Evil 2 (95%)

Resident Evil 3

Resident Evil 5 (PS3)

Resident Evil 6 (PS3 + PS4)

Resident Evil 7 (62%)

Resident Evil 8 (PS5)

Spin offs:

Resident Evil Revelations 2 (PS4)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I got the plat in RE4 remake recently which I assume is needed to retain my Master Of Unlocking title. ? I'm kind of disappointed that they didn't add any new trophies for the Mercenaries update, but I'm sure we'll get some more if/when Separate Ways gets added. Overall, it's a great game that you can tell had a lot of love put into it, even if I do still prefer the original. I wrote up my full thoughts here if anyone cares to read it. ?

btvdfg2.png

• Like 3

Hello everyone!  Sorry for the delay in updating.  I hope you're all enjoying RE4's remake!  I'm finding it quite fun myself, even though I haven't really played much of it yet.  I've posted sample ammo as well in the original post for anyone interested.  Keep in mind that this means RE4 is now required for masters of unlocking.  Also, because RE8 seems to be done with their DLC, I will award the gold ammo now for those who post an update.  Thanks!

On 3/1/2023 at 9:37 PM, JAK-KRIEG said:

I'd like to sign up!

Main Games:

Resident Evil 2 (95%)

Resident Evil 3

Resident Evil 5 (PS3)

Resident Evil 6 (PS3 + PS4)

Resident Evil 7 (62%)

Resident Evil 8 (PS5)

Spin offs:

Resident Evil Revelations 2 (PS4)

Sure thing!  Welcome to the thread!  Great job on your completions!  Are you interested in playing any of the other games such as RE4's remake?  Here is your ammo thanks for posting!

Spoiler

Sx42HRx.pngfKX4Kbx.pngbKuMECa.pngqRIr9Fx.pngGK6Lh75.pngcfzASxJ.png4pYwruZ.pngCKTOohW.pngeFLCSo6.pngo1ismw6.pngTq4SCE1.pngAx7DG3r.png

On 4/9/2023 at 3:08 PM, Undead Wolf said:

I got the plat in RE4 remake recently which I assume is needed to retain my Master Of Unlocking title. 1f601.png I'm kind of disappointed that they didn't add any new trophies for the Mercenaries update, but I'm sure we'll get some more if/when Separate Ways gets added. Overall, it's a great game that you can tell had a lot of love put into it, even if I do still prefer the original. I wrote up my full thoughts here if anyone cares to read it. 1f61b.png

btvdfg2.png

Of course!  Awesome job with the completion!  I read your thoughts and found it interesting.  I haven't gotten to Ashley yet but I was hoping for an upgrade cause she irritated me a lot in original RE4.  But I agree on the new additions, doing merc missions is a lot of fun and the shooting gallery trinkets were cool.  Here is your ammo (including the RE8 gold award I didn't give you last time).  Great job!

Spoiler

alv9lv8.pngJLpceHi.png

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I got the Plat in RE4 Remake. I thought it was enjoyable even if there were some misses to the characters that I feel like could have been avoided but I liked Leon and Ashley's interactions as well as the Luis ones.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/19/2023 at 2:56 PM, Redgrave said:

I got the Plat in RE4 Remake. I thought it was enjoyable even if there were some misses to the characters that I feel like could have been avoided but I liked Leon and Ashley's interactions as well as the Luis ones.

Very sorry for the late response!  Awesome job, here's your award!

Spoiler

RrqEQDf.png

Edited by TomoTakino
Resize
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TomoTakino said:

Very sorry for the late response!  Awesome job, here's your award!

Hide contents

RrqEQDf.png

It's fine since I'm sure you got other things to do ☺️ Unfortunately the image doesn't seem to work when I put it on my profile. Either it's a site thing or I'm forgetting something.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Ptirle said:

Got the plat and 100% in re8 and plat re 4 remake, also 100% Re Re:Verse

Awesome job and welcome back to Masters of Unlocking!  Here's your ammo!

Spoiler

38b8Eno.png X5272cu.png roduSV0.png

21 hours ago, Redgrave said:

It's fine since I'm sure you got other things to do 263a.png Unfortunately the image doesn't seem to work when I put it on my profile. Either it's a site thing or I'm forgetting something.

I appreciate it!  It's probably being a pain due to the fact that Imgur direct links used to copy directly and show the image but something at imgur broke so now they won't show up unless you use bbcode tags (which is just open bracket img close bracket and \img after the link).  Doing that should help you show it off!

Edited by TomoTakino
Resize
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, TomoTakino said:

I appreciate it!  It's probably being a pain due to the fact that Imgur direct links used to copy directly and show the image but something at imgur broke so now they won't show up unless you use bbcode tags (which is just open bracket img close bracket and \img after the link).  Doing that should help you show it off!

It still doesn't seem to work unfortunately. I'm guessing this might also have to do with their recent terms of service updates.

• Like 1