Post your Progress Report

Resident Evil 4 Remake

Trophy Progress: 22/40 Trophies

Right now I'm working on my second playthrough on RE4 on Professional.  Reason being that if (and it's a big IF) I get an S+ on Professional, I'll essentially earn the S+ trophies for Standard and Hardcore.  I'm currently on Ch. 7 and almost 2 hours in which is supposedly a good time.  To achieve S+ you need to complete your Professional run in under 5h30mins.  Will keep you all posted!

Resident Evil 4 Remake

Trophy Progress: 23/40 Trophies

Still on my second playthrough on RE4 on Professional.  I'm getting close to the end of the game.  Right now I'm on Ch. 13 and down to my last two saves.  My plan is to do both Ch. 13 & Ch. 14 and save at the end and leave my last save in between Ch. 15.  Hoping I can pop the Professional trophy and all the S+ trophies by Sunday.  Will keep you all posted!

On 11/19/2021 at 4:01 AM, Jelly Soup said:

Six months later update on this:

Platinums: 149

100% Completion: 228

Unearned: 5689

Completion %: 62.69%

Didn't play much over the summer. Recently got a PS5, so that's hampering progress as well. Everything is up, including unearned, but three out of four category progress isn't...terrible. My intention is to make Sonic Forces my 150th and then I have a few PS5 auto-unlocks to cash in. After that.....I guess finish off a Control replay and then move on to either Spiderman: Miles Morales or Bugsnax.

A few days shy of two years later, an update:

Platinums: 168

100% Completion: 248

Unearned: 5,978

AGC%: 63.56%

Platinum and completed games is up, but at the cost of unearned increasing and AGC% going down. I've been attempting, unsuccessfully, to participate in the seasonal completion projects. But I'm stuck between not having the will and playing too much WoW. Been planning on sitting down and making a formal spreadsheet of every license on my account. I have a partial list of just the PS3 stuff from when there was the planned shut down.

Here's my progress:

Platinums: 173

Platinum + 100%: 172

# of Unearneds: 710

AGC%: 90.94%

List of 99%(aka I HATE THE DLC): Shantae 1/2-Genie Hero

I too am stuck not having the motivation to even play games. Having hit middle age, my body has decided it's time to starting shuffling off to decay and therefore I am constantly fatigued and unwilling to do some hard stuff. Hogwarts Legacy is rotting in the stairway beneath the Dursleys' because there are so many things to do and the magic of clearing the first chapter is pretty much gone now. :( I also have played through half of the PS5 version of Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom, but the coolness of it has waned ever since that one speedrun. :(

Waiting for SS Check because my Vita is dead in the water and lost its buttons so I have to replace it which probably means ordering over Amazon.com for $250. The reason I need a Vita is because I just started Sly 2 and there is no way to ifnish it otherwise, and even then... Sly Cooper isn't doing it for me. :(

I have a lot of ideas but the body is weak. :(:(:(:(:(

Resident Evil 4 Remake

Trophy Progress

28/40 Trophies 

Just completed my second run of RE4 on Professional and got an S+.  By doing so, I got 5 trophies: Sprinter, Peerless Agent, S+ Rank Investigator, Proficient Agent Mission Accomplished S+.  It was a challenging task for sure.  I could've gone the easier route and just done 4-5 playthroughs but that would require a lot of hours.  Thank goodness the challenge is over and I can finally have some fun with the cat ears that grants me infinite ammo (classic RE perk!!).

Platinums: 127 ?1
100% Completion: 115 
Completion %: 42.13% - 42.33% ?  0.2%
Unearned trophies: 11,191 - 11,144 ? 47 

Ghost of Tsushima

Trophy Progress  

52/77 :platinum:

So I've been playing Ghost of Tsushima for the past week and it's became the best game I've ever played. The story is so solid, the graphics are just amazing and I got so addicted to the game. Now I'm going through the DLC and hoping it's just as solid as the main story but so far it feels like it. This is a game that could change my life, how silly that sounds but it makes me want to become a more peaceful person and not stress over the small things in life. Just a master piece that everyone should try. I was a bit hesitant at first as I'm not so fond of samurai games or stealth aspects and been on the fence for a very long time but I'm very glad I gave it a try

Working through a couple of Kemco titles and Monster Boy for the PS5. I really enjoyed Cursed Kingdom after seeing someone glitch run through it using the snake to bypass doors and I was hooked. I can't do that and have to do the trials to get 100% but it's all good. ^_^

Platinums: 127 - 128 ?1
100% Completion: 116 1
Completion % - 42.33% - 42.46 ?  0.13%
Unearned trophies: 11,144 - 11,108 ? 36 

Ghost of Tsushima 81% :platinum:

Trophy Progress  

65/77 

I finished off the Iki Island DLC and decided that would do as I didn't want to sour an amazing game by putting in an extra 30+ hours into the Legends DLC. Maybe I'll go back to it at some point in the future but for now I'm happy with where it's at. The DLC was just as nice as the main game and added a few extra mechanics. The story was just as strong also and I really enjoyed myself. I started to slowly feel the burn by the end of it and that is the reason on why I decided to leave it where it is.

Sims 4 100% :platinum:

Trophy Progress 

51/51 

I finally managed to finish the last 2 trophies that I was having issues with multiple times previously. I grew up really loving The Sims and I thought this would have been a fun game to play with the family and it started out fun but got boring rather quickly. It's filled with DLC costs to get the most out of the game whilst touching on nothing new and just a rehash of the standard Sims games with purchases. The trophies were really quick to get done with downloaded families that popped most of the trophies so it wasn't so bad to finish up when I became bored. 

Hot Wheels Unleashed 29%

Trophy Progress 

23/54 

This game is just pure grind and I haven't even gotten to the grindy parts. The races are repetitive, the track creator is clunky and confusing and it's just boring already so we will see how long it takes to finish. Already dreading farming for gears and coins though. 

Dark Souls 3 31%

Trophy Progress 

20/43 

I started off really enjoying this game, as I do with most soulsborne games until I hit some kind of wall which has just happened. I came close when getting to Fallen Keep, dealing with all the poison and such drained my motivation a little bit but I pushed through until now when I've started farming for Covenant items, mainly proof of concord which is taking far much longer than it is fun so I think I'm going to farm a little bit when I can and find something else to play alongside for now until I get close. 

• Like 1

On 5/11/2023 at 8:24 AM, Hitman_Spinksy1 said:

Platinums: 127 - 128 1f53c.png1
100% Completion: 116 1f53c.png 1
Completion % - 42.33% - 42.46 1f53c.png  0.13%
Unearned trophies: 11,144 - 11,108 1f53d.png 36 

Ghost of Tsushima 81% :platinum:

Trophy Progress  

65/77 

I finished off the Iki Island DLC and decided that would do as I didn't want to sour an amazing game by putting in an extra 30+ hours into the Legends DLC. Maybe I'll go back to it at some point in the future but for now I'm happy with where it's at. The DLC was just as nice as the main game and added a few extra mechanics. The story was just as strong also and I really enjoyed myself. I started to slowly feel the burn by the end of it and that is the reason on why I decided to leave it where it is.

Sims 4 100% :platinum:

Trophy Progress 

51/51 

I finally managed to finish the last 2 trophies that I was having issues with multiple times previously. I grew up really loving The Sims and I thought this would have been a fun game to play with the family and it started out fun but got boring rather quickly. It's filled with DLC costs to get the most out of the game whilst touching on nothing new and just a rehash of the standard Sims games with purchases. The trophies were really quick to get done with downloaded families that popped most of the trophies so it wasn't so bad to finish up when I became bored. 

Hot Wheels Unleashed 29%

Trophy Progress 

23/54 

This game is just pure grind and I haven't even gotten to the grindy parts. The races are repetitive, the track creator is clunky and confusing and it's just boring already so we will see how long it takes to finish. Already dreading farming for gears and coins though. 

Dark Souls 3 31%

Trophy Progress 

20/43 

I started off really enjoying this game, as I do with most soulsborne games until I hit some kind of wall which has just happened. I came close when getting to Fallen Keep, dealing with all the poison and such drained my motivation a little bit but I pushed through until now when I've started farming for Covenant items, mainly proof of concord which is taking far much longer than it is fun so I think I'm going to farm a little bit when I can and find something else to play alongside for now until I get close. 

That's some awesome progress!

All those games I want to play eventually (except for Sims 4, already have the plat for that one).

Hello hello again fellow trophy hunters and welcome to this weeks instalment of my Progress Report !

It looks like I had skipped a few weeks once more... I didn't even realize that it had been so long since I had posted an update. Why? Because I've been really busy with creating some new content for my YouTube channel and grinding the Special Events in GT5... but enough with the intro and lets get into the details.

Gran Turismo 5 53/59 (+2) 83%
Total time played: 498h 35min

Since last time I managed to get 2 new trophies. As planned in my previous update, I went and completed the GT-R Official Record trophy which wasn't too difficult considering I had been running the Nürburgring so many times.

I also managed to get all gold trophies in the AMG Driving Academy on all 4 difficulty levels... it took me a while but I'm glad to say they are finally done and I also got the AMG Driving Academy trophy for completing the "AMG Driving Academy" Special Event.

Once I completed the AMG Driving Academy, I moved on to the Gran Turismo Rally special event. I had already completed the Snow and Tarmac events in the Beginner section in previous sessions so I only had to complete the Fine Gravel one to get Beginner out of the way, which I did.

I then moved on to the Intermediate event for which I golded the Clubman Gravel Rally and Alaskan Rally.

My goal for the upcoming week is to Gold Intermediate - Tuscany Tarmac Rally and then start and hopefully gold the Advanced events.

The Last of Us Remastered 12/50 (+0) 14%
Total time played: 4h 28min

I haven't played this game since the last time I posted an update.

Rise of the Tomb Raider (Streaming on Twitch) 102/125 (+48) 83%
Total time played: 50h 50min

Lots of stuff completed on Rise of the Tomb Raider since last time. In a nutshell, once I got the story done I went back and cleared up all the collectibles and challenges on the map.

I then went on to complete the Croft Manor and Cold Darkness DLCs. I enjoyed the Croft Manor DLC's story but Lara's Nightmare was a real pain in the butt and I didn't like it at all.

The Cold Darkness DLC was kind of fun also but I'm happy it wasn't too long.

Once I got both of those out of the way, I started on the Endurance and Endurance Coop DLC (with SluggerJD, one of the cohosts of the Trophy Talk Podcast... if you haven't checked out the podcast already, you should... here's the link to the latest episode: https://soundcloud.com/trophytalkpodcast/trophy-talk-podcast-episode-84-a-professional-trophy-hunter

Content news
Changing the name of this section going forwards has I've been investing some more time on my YouTube channel lately, hence this is not Streaming News only but General Content news :)

On the streaming side of things, the poll to determine the next franchise has once more seen some serious voting action in the past weeks. Here's the votes as of the time or writing these lines:
- Borderlands - 318 votes
- Darksiders - 12 votes
- Nioh - 369 vote

The fight between Nioh and Borderlands continues as Darksiders sparks very little interest for the 3rd poll in a row.

Quick reminder that you can join in on the voting by redeeming votes in exchange for 100 channel points (which are free and you earn simply by watching the stream), you can vote an unlimited amount of times as long as you have enough point to buy votes.

The franchise that wins the poll will be the next franchise we play after I'm done with Tomb Raider.

If you want to vote for the next game and see my Tomb Raider trophy hunt, head on out to my Twitch channel and hit the follow button so you get notified next time I go live!
https://twitch.tv/patthetrophyhunter

As for the YouTube channel, I've started giving it some more love and have been posting some Let's Play videos to it every 2 days for the past 2 weeks. I started with 9 episodes of Astro's Playroom (Episode 9 will be released on the 18th of May) and will follow up with Gran Turismo 5 as well as Call of Cthulhu. I hope I'll be able to keep up the pace and post at least 1 new video every 2 days or so. So, don't forget to check out my YouTube channel where you can view my past stream recording, some short trophy guides as well as the new Let's Play serieshttps://www.youtube.com/c/patthetrophyhunter

Be sure to Subscribe to get notified when I post new content.

So that's it for the update, here's the summary of the progress :

Platinums: 94 (+0)
100% Completion: 111 (+0)
Completion %: 96.30% (+0.71%)
Unearned trophies: 182 (-50)

Platinums: 128 - 129 ?1
100% Completion: 117 1
Completion % 42.46 - 42.64% ?  0.18%
Unearned trophies: 11,108 - 11,079 ? 29 

It's a bit longer than a week since my last update. Mainly because of pushing through Dark Souls and just wanting it done which I'm happy to say has finally been achieved and now onto the next game whatever that may be. I have dabbled in a lot of different games lately as I have been trying to split up my farming and not bore myself to death too much so onwards with the list 

Dark Souls 3 100% :platinum:

Trophy Progress  

43/43 

I finally done it after clocking in 110 hours. This would have been so much more if some random person didn't reach out and offer to help me with the farming of the covenant items. This would have soured my experience even more than it already is. I spent a good week just farming one item and would have probably spent another couple weeks finishing all the farming so I'm extremely grateful I didn't need to go through that hell otherwise there could have been a risk me getting sidetracked with a different game lol. Overall the game was good and enjoyable, I liked the design and all the bosses, the variety of enemies and I was always having to learn attack patterns which helped keep things fresh. It was a drag in the end though having already jumped through hoops to get the covenant items and then having to finish the game 2 more times, just for some rings and spells felt pointless. Nothing changes and I just rushed through with brute force taking a day for each NG+. 

I'd rate the game around 5/10 in the end as it dragged so much and had me do a lot of tedious things to get the plat. If i'd have got all the rings and skipped another playthrough along with skipping the farming then it would have rated around 6.5.

The difficulty is around 7/10 and that is more for finding all the rings, who to speak to and when, where to go, when to buy spells etc. There's a lot of factors in play to keep the story going in the right direction and I needed a guide for the whole playthrough which also dampens the experience a little bit but is also expected with any Soulsborne game. 

Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War 14

Trophy Progress 

7/48 

Something I'm currently working on in between games for now and not sure if I'm able to get the plat for it or not but I'll try at least. It's the zombies mode that I've never been much of a fan of since Black Ops 1. I'm also no Cod master so I tend to die a lot but it's definitely one of the ones I'm better at and more consistent with. I have 1 multiplayer trophy left in getting 100 kills with a vehicle and I've done approximately 90. Then I'll be moving on to the campaign which I usually skip out on and then on to my challenge of zombies and dead ops. It's a decent cod but they're all the same nowadays and will probably be the last one I ever purchase. 

Fallout 76 21%

Trophy Progress 

18/67 

I decided to pick this up again after hearing it's a lot better now than it once was and I can say I'm so happy over the fact hunger and thirst doesn't contribute to anything negative now. Whilst it's online it feels just like any other Fallout so to speak and feels closer to a single player game but maybe that changes at higher lvls. It definitely looks and feels a lot better than previous Fallouts but for some reason I struggle to get into it still. Maybe it's the lack of story or that I haven't gave it enough time and just played it a few hours here and there, idk. I'm thinking of knocking out this one soon though 

Gran Turismo Sport 59%

Trophy Progress 

35/41 

Another hard and grindy one that I'm working through because apparently I hate myself lol with just the levels and the online part left I'm not even sure it's possible. I did manage to get 1 pole start and win the race so it's in the right direction at least lol but the leveling is so slow and I'm only lvl 36 and I need to be lvl 50. It's a game that's been on my backlog for ages and I do really enjoy it but I'm not such a fan of the online mode. I hate having to wait ages for the next race, the penalty system is garbage and a whole lot better in GT7. The amount of times I got smashed into the rear or watched someone scrape against a barrier with no penalty was countless and made everything so much more unpredictable knowing someone can run me off the track with no consequence or even a penalty to me if they force me to hit the barrier which is a bit of joke. I'll see how far I get in whether I think it's worth it or not and I think the 322 races needed will be a good guidance in seeing how far away I am from the rest of the trophies though I'll probably feel to invested to be able to stop by then unless I stay at 1 pole and 1 win lol 

Diablo 3: Reaper of souls 20%

Trophy Progress 

15/54

Lastly I have been slowly pushing through Diablo and now I realise how good I am at procrastinating whilst farming in Dark Souls and dabbling in nearly every other game in my backlog lol. I really liked Diablo 3 on the PS3 and finished the story really quickly before I use to hunt trophies but this time it just feels a bit grindy. I'm not sure if it's because I've already done it because even though it was years ago I still remember most parts or maybe it's because I haven't sat down with it long enough in one session. This is also a potential next game but until I decide I'll probably just keep dipping in and pushing the story forward a little bit.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Good day my fellow trophy hunters and welcome to yet another instalment of my not so weekly weekly progress report.

The last weeks have been relatively slow again as I'm still working on some super grindy and difficult games... hopefully the trophy flow will increase again when I finally complete Gran Turismo 5...

Lets check up on the progress!

Gran Turismo 5 56/59 (+3) 88%
Total time played: 522h 05min

Since last time I managed to get 3 new trophies. As planned in my previous update, I have successfully completed all the event in the Gran Turismo Rally Special event with Gold. I then moved on to the Grand Tour Special event for which I had already gotten the trophy back in 2010 but I had not gotten Gold on any of the events... and let me tell you, the Eiger Nordwand kicked my arse!!! It was easily the hardest event I had to do so far in the game. It took me about 8h, over several sessions, to finally get gold on it. The other events in Grand Tour were relatively easy and I managed to get most golded in a only a few hours.

Once the Grand Tour Special Event was completed, I then moved on to the Sebastien Loeb Rally Challenge and as for the Gran Turismo Rally, this event was very easy. I managed to gold those events on my first or second attempt.

I then moved on to the last hurdle standing between me and the Gran Turismo 5 Platinum, the infamous Sebastian Vettel X Challenge... and let me tell you, it lives up to it's reputation... this Special Event is the Platinum killer for sure!

For those of you who are not familiar with this event, it's a time trial challenge where you have to complete 2 laps on 3 F1 tracks (The Nürburgring GP/F, Monza and Suzuka) with a "fantasy" car, the Red Bull X2010... can't be that hard right!? well it is!!

For starters, the Red Bull X2010 is a rocket with wheels! It has a top speed well over 400km/h and accelerates like a fighter jet. With this kind of power, any little driving mistake ends in disaster. On the up side, the car is a "fan car" like the Chaparral cars, which means the car is equipped with a large fan that sucks the air from under the car creating a vacuum and increasing the downforce generated by the car allowing it to take corners at insane speeds.

Second hurdle, the tracks... on their own, those tracks are not particularly difficult. By this point, I've driven them multiple times in different races and events... the issue is that you simply cannot go off track.... well that is not 100% true... you need to have at least 2 wheels on pavement at all times otherwise you get disqualified... In some of those tracks you have paved areas outside the track boundaries that allows you to go off track a little and benefit from faster speeds through some of the corners but don't expect to be able to have a wheel in the grass and recover... at those speeds, the slightest touch of grass or dirt will send you spinning.

And finally, the time requirements... getting Bronze is not a big issue, you'll be able to get Bronze after only a few successful attempts... but getting Gold will require you to shave of about 15 seconds off you your Bronze time (or about 7,5 seconds from your lap times)… this is sheer insanity!
Just to give you an example, the current F1 lap times on the Nürburgring GP/F track are in the 1:28.xxx and I think we all agree that F1 cars are some fast machines... well the Gold requirement for this track is 2:08.000 for 2 laps... an 1:04.000 per lap average... 24 seconds faster than F1 speeds... it's not impossible but with that kind of time requirements, you need 2 perfect laps.

Now, with all that said, how have I been doing with this challenge. Well, for starters I did get Bronze on all 3 tracks and got the trophy for completing the event. Once that was done I set out to Gold each track starting with Nürburgring GP/F … and after 8h worth of attempts, I'm still not there... I'm getting really close though. In my last session I managed to get Silver time with a 2:09.185 (Silver requirement 2:09.500) and then in the next run I broke into the 2:08.xxx with a very impressive 2:08.493... only 0.493 seconds away from my target... that's, 0.247 per lap... a blink of the eye is slower that than...
And then after a few failed attempts I managed to get a 1:03.7xx on my very first lap... it is very uncommon to get such a fast lap on the first lap as you are starting the lap parked in the pit lane and typically your first lap is half a second slower than your 2nd... so I was sure that this was THE one and was on my way to Gold... until the last 2 corners where I screwed up and ended up with a 1:05.645 and a combined time of 2:09.866... not even good enough for Silver... and the rest of the session was a succession of 1:04's and bad 2nd laps and I end the session with not much more improvements.

I'm so very close to getting Gold on this track... I feel all I need another good session and I'm going to get it... and then I can move on to Monza and start all over again :)

My goal for the upcoming week is to Gold Nürburgring and then start chipping away at Monza and get at least Silver times.

Rise of the Tomb Raider (Streaming on Twitch) 120/125 (+18) 97%
Total time played: 61h 20min

As the trophy counts shows, I did a good chunk on Rise since last update.

First, I completed all the Endurance and Endurance Coop DLC's. These 2 weren't too hard as you can play them on the easiest difficulty and use cards to boost your chances of surviving 10 days without too much issues. The Tomb Raider card is a must to make you Endurance endeavor less painful.
In itself, Endurance is not a bad DLC... but it quickly become redundant and I got tired of it... so I was glad to get it done.

After that was done, I moved on to the final step towards 100% of the game which is Score Attacks. Score attacks are essentially replaying each levels of the game while gathering collectibles, hitting some blue bonus flames and destroying lanterns (those last 2 aren't there in the normal game). You can set the difficulty to Survivor in order to get a x3 multiplier on kills and get up to x5 multiplier if you apply only "disadvantage" cards. Depending on the levels, you might want to consider a little lower multiplier by using some advantages like Toxicity which will make the combat encounters almost a walk in the park.
They key to getting high scores is to keep the multiplier high so that everything you pick up and every enemies you kill will give you a maximum of points. Also, try to stick inside the allocated time as you get a 1 point penalty for each second over the time limit.

Overall, there's 29 levels that you need to replay (27 in the base game and 2 in the Baba Yaga DLC). In my first Score Attack session, I got both Baba Yaga levels done as well as the first Base Game level. 2 of those 3 levels where puzzle heavy and I didn't really remember how to solve them so I had to replay them a few times.

On my 2nd session, I managed to get 5 more of the Base Game levels done which means that I now have 8/29 levels completed with Gold.

Quick tip if you are planning on going for score attacks: Don't hesitate to Restart the level if you feel you are doing badly on it. Restarting the level will not use up you cards but if you finish the level and replay it from the menu, it will... so as soon as you have a doubt on your ability to get the Gold score, I would recommend that you restart. Most of the levels take less than 10 minutes to complete so you shouldn't be wasting too much time by restarting.

Content news
On the streaming side of things, the poll to determine the next franchise is still going strong and I feel it's going to be a race until the end between Borderlands and Nioh. Here's the votes as of the time or writing these lines:
- Borderlands - 339 votes
- Darksiders - 13 votes
- Nioh - 371 votes

Quick reminder that you can join in on the voting by redeeming votes in exchange for 100 channel points (which are free and you earn simply by watching the stream), you can vote an unlimited amount of times as long as you have enough point to buy votes.

The franchise that wins the poll will be the next franchise we play after I'm done with Tomb Raider.

If you want to vote for the next game and see my Tomb Raider trophy hunt, head on out to my Twitch channel and hit the follow button so you get notified next time I go live!

As for the YouTube channel, all 9 episodes of my Astro's Playroom series is up and I've been upload 2 or 3 episodes a week of my Gran Turismo 5 Let's Play series. I'm also hopping to get some of my older content posted in the upcoming weeks. I hope I'll be able to keep up the pace and post at least 1 new video every 2 days or so. So, don't forget to check out my YouTube channel where you can view my past stream recording, some short trophy guides as well as the new Let's Play series 
https://www.youtube.com/c/patthetrophyhunter

Be sure to Subscribe to get notified when I post new content... oh and leave comments and let me know what you liked the most and the least about the videos so I can improve. All constructive feedback is welcomed.

Platinums: 94 (+0)
100% Completion: 111 (+0)
Completion %: 96.56% (+0.26%)
Unearned trophies: 161 (-21)

• 3 weeks later...

Hello again fellow trophy hunters and welcome to another instalment of my progress report.

Once more this time around, we have very little progress to show due to the grindy nature of what I'm playing at the moment... and that I've been sick for the last week... but even if there's not much to say there's still something to talk about so lets check up on the progress!

Gran Turismo 5 56/59 (+0) 88%
Total time played: 540h 20min

No new trophies on GT5 since last time but I did make some progress.

First of all, I managed to Gold Nurburgring GP/F with a time of 2:07.769 (target time is 2:08.000) after about 20h of trying.

I then moved on to Monza which I Golded with at time of 2:03.337 (target time is 2:04.000)

After that, I moved on to Suzuka and after a few hours of trying I've managed to register a time of 2:12.456 (target time is 2:10.000) but after that... I got burned out on the game and don't want to deal with another 20h+ of trying to shave seconds on my time... I sure I could do it... but this is just not fun anymore... especially considering that I have another 48h worth of grinding to get to Rank 40... So I have resorted to use the glitch to get gold on Suzuka.

Now this has been an adventure by itself, let me explain. So, for the uninitiated, in order to get the glitch to work, you need to be on version 1.10 of the game... which means you need to start with a fresh install and stop on the 5th or 6th update package. Unfortunately for me, I have the XL Edition which comes pre-patched with v2.00... so I headed out to my local flee market where there's a few used game kiosks. I managed to find an original copy of GT5 which I bought, then deleted the game from my console and proceeded to reinstall... only to find out that the first update that was launching was v2.00 which meant the disk was on v1.13... strange... I was convinced that there was only 2 versions of the game...
After a bit of research on the internets, I read somewhere that there might have been later prints of the game that came pre-patched with newer versions of the game so I assume that this is what happened... back to square 1... until I recalled that Jamie, my friend and Moderator from the UK had purchased a copy of GT5 a while ago...
I got on a Discord chat with him and he agreed to install the game to see if he had a v1.00 disk... and guess what... he did!!!!! So without hesitation, Jamie headed out to the post office and mailed his copy of the game to me so that I could use the glitch...

Now, you are wondering why I just didn't go out and buy another copy of GT5... well the issue is that the v1.13 disk and packaging is exactly the same as v1.00... same SKU, serial number, packaging... everything... so I could of bought tons of copies without ever getting a sub v1.10 disk... I didn't want to take that chance.

While I'm waiting for Jamie's disk to get here, I've been grinding XP in Endurance races. I did the 4h of Nurburgring once and the Suzuka 1000km to change things up a bit... but going forwards I will be running only Nurburgring 4h races. If my calculations are good, it will take me about 10 more runs of this event (around 40h) to reach Rank 40 and that should be the last trophy to pop before the plat (assuming that I get gold on Suzuka with the glitch before reaching Rank 40).

Rise of the Tomb Raider (Streaming on Twitch) 125/125 (+5) 100%
Total time played: 68h 45min

It took a long time but I'm finally done with Rise of the Tomb Raider and just like the Definitive Edition, this instalment of Tomb Raider I would of scored much higher if it didn’t have Online… in fact, now that I think of it, there’s a few game modes that makes me drop the score on this one…

Let’s start with the main game though. This game was amazing!!! Just like the previous instalment Rise brings in its A game for the main plot. The story, the puzzles, weapon variety, controls etc are all on point and really fun to play.
Even when playing on Survivor, it’s not that difficult and only a few sections can get really annoying.
Some of the DLC content is pretty good too. Baba Yaga DLC ties in nicely to the main story, I actually like it when DLC can be played directly from the main game and ties in to the story instead of being a stand alone.
Croft Manor was good too, for the story. I didn’t enjoy the Lara’s Nightmare part of it though… it just didn’t make sense for me.
Finaly, the Cold Darkness DLC was also fun but again, repetitive after a few playthroughs.

No for the downsides… and there’s a few… Endurance and Endurance Co-Op: Not a bad mode per say but it gets really redundant really fast… It was fun at first but after playing through a few days, running around scavenging tomb and getting mauled by hungry bears or pumas… I got bored.
Lara’s Nightmare: I really didn’t like this part of the Croft Manor DLC… I don’t understand it’s appeal and would of gladly skipped it if it didn’t have trophies related to it.
Score Attacks: Not that this was necessarily hard with the right combination of cards but having to replay each level as fast as you can while collecting blue flames and shooting lanterns to get a score multiplier going didn’t make it more fun. I would of enjoyed a NG+ or another difficulty much more than this.

With this being sais though, Rise is still an amazing game and I’m happy to have it on my done list. Next is Shadow of the  Tomb Raider.

Content news
On the streaming side of things, the poll to determine the next franchise is still going strong and I feel it's going to be a race until the end between Borderlands and Nioh. Here's the votes as of the time or writing these lines:
- Borderlands - 354 votes
- Darksiders - 14 votes
- Nioh - 502 votes

As for the YouTube channel, all 9 episodes of my Astro's Playroom series is up and I've been upload 2 or 3 episodes a week of my Gran Turismo 5 Let's Play series. I'm also hopping to get some of my older content posted in the upcoming weeks. I hope I'll be able to keep up the pace and post at least 1 new video every 2 days or so. So, don't forget to check out my YouTube channel where you can view my past stream recording, some short trophy guides as well as the new Let's Play series 

Be sure to Subscribe to get notified when I post new content... oh and leave comments and let me know what you liked the most and the least about the videos so I can improve. All constructive feedback is welcomed.

Platinums: 95 (+1)
100% Completion: 112 (+1)
Completion %: 96.60% (+0.04%)
Unearned trophies: 156 (-5)

• 3 weeks later...

Hello fellow trophy hunters, it is once more time for a Trophy Hunting Progress report.

In this instalment, I have a little more progress than I've had in the past months. I'm kind of burned out on Gran Turismo 5 as it's getting super repetitive so I've squeezed in a few short games. Lets jump right into it if you will!

Gran Turismo 5 57/59 (+1) 97%
Total time played: 550h 00min

Since the last post I received the disk from Jamie and I managed to use the glitch to get Gold on the Suzuka Vettle challenge. I'm really happy that this is over so now I can concentrate on grinding XP to reach level 40... but this is what is burning me out on the game... it's super repetitive and takes forever.

As I might of mentioned before, the most rewarding event in terms of XP per minute played is the Nürburgring 4h Endurance race which will net you 2,063,947XP or 8,600XP per minutes.
I'm currently Lvl 37 and still need 16,856,820XP to reach Lvl 40 which means I'll have to run the Nürburgring 4h another 8.

That will bring me to Lvl 39 just 345,000XP short of Lvl 40... so I will then have to run the American Championship Indianapolis race about 19 times. The race only takes about 5 minutes to run so it shouldn't be that bad.

I'm getting really close to getting this ultra rare plat done... but I'm my own enemy in the quest as I'm not playing as much as I could.

The Light in the Darkness 13/13 (+13) 100%
Total time played: 1h 26min

Heard about this game on Sacred Symbols+ and it got me interested.

This game is free and is essentially a historical/educational piece that helps us remember what atrocities humans are capable of.

I really enjoyed this game but not because it has awesome gameplay or game mechanics but because of the topic it addresses and the feelings that it stirred…. honestly, playing this made me loose fait in humanity for a moment… and looking at current world event, I have to wonder if we really learned anything from what happened back then.

Anyways, I wont go into more details as everything is story related but if you want to learn a little more on history of WWII and the Holocaust in occupied Europe, I strongly recommend you pick this game up and invest the 1:30h it takes to run through it.

Endling: Extinction is Forever 28/28 (+28) 100%
Total time played: 2h 18min

Wasn’t initially planning on playing this game until I saw on PSNP that it could be plated in 1 to 2h with a guide… so I figured I would give it a go for two easy plats and I’m glad I did.

Note that my following opinion is based on playing the game following a guide with the objective of getting the plats as quickly and efficiently.

This is really the type of Indie game I enjoy a lot. It made me think of Abzu and RiME in the way it is designed and tells it’s story. It has little to no dialogue and you figure out what is going on by watching the animations and what is going on in the background.

Controls are basic but the game mechanics are really interesting. As a fox, the night is your friend and you don't want to stay out of your lair too long as daytime is full of dangers.

You’ll also need to make sure you find food for those pups of yours so they don’t starve and die on you.

Following a guide, you don’t have to worry about night/day or food that much but I think that this game is probably a 7/10 if you play it legit considering these parameters.

So overall, a well made game with a very good story even when following a guide. I’ve already downloaded and installed the PS5 version and looking forwards to replaying it a second time.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider (Streaming on Twitch) 12/100 (+12) 8%
Total time played: 6h 20min

This is the last game of the Tomb Raider franchise that we will be playing on Stream. I've started a first playthrough on "Normal" difficulty as I want to get all the collectibles and kill trophies completed in this run. Since the enemies don't respawn post-story, I've take the approach of getting all the kill related trophies as soon as possible and leveraging the Reload Checkpoint method since the kills will add up even if you reload the last checkpoint. So you can basically stealth kill the same dude over and over again and just reload checkpoint 25 times and you will get the trophy... it's not the most fun way of getting trophies but it is the most efficient and the one that ensures I won't need to do them on my Deadly Obsession playthrough.

So overall so far I'm enjoying the game although it does feel a bit more clunky than the previous ones. There's some control changes that I'm struggling to adapt to (like holding down L1+X to heal instead of just R1) but on the up side, the skill tree is much more elaborate and the weapon upgrade feature also feels much better.

If my estimates are correct, it should take me between 35-40h to 100% this game. I'm looking forwards to completing this franchise and moving on to the next.

Content news
- Borderlands - 354 votes
- Darksiders - 16 votes
- Nioh - 504 votes

Platinums: 97 (+2)
100% Completion: 114 (+2)
Completion %: 95.21% (-1.39%)
Unearned trophies: 243 (+87)

On 4/30/2023 at 10:05 AM, Taruta13 said:

Platinums: 200

Platinum + 100%: 198

# of Unearneds: 904

AGC%: 90.23%

List of 99%(aka I HATE THE DLC): Shantae 1/2-Genie Hero, Kingdom Hearts III

Just made Kingdom Hearts III my 200th platinum... and it'll never get completed because I will die of old age before I fight Yozora or the Limit Cut bosses. ?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Woah!!! has it been 6 weeks already since my last update!!??? I hadn't realized it had been so long... I guess I'm going to have some catching up to do now... and there's been a lot going on lately... so sit back and enjoy this massive Hunt update!

Endling: Extinction is Forever (PS5) 28/28 (+28) 100%
Total time played: 2h 07min

After completing the PS4 version, I thought I might as well play the PS5 version. So I did and completed it in about the same time following the same guide I did for the PS4 version.

Welcome Park (Vita) 13/13 (+13) 100%
Total time played: 2h 00min

Welcome Park is the tutorial game that comes pre-installed on the PS Vita.

Since I just got a PS Vita, it seemed fitting to start with this as my first game on it.

The game has 5 mini-games to play that will allow you to discover the various features of the Vita (touch-screen; back buttons; camera; microphone etc).

Most of the trophies are really easy and straight forwards, you only need to be quick for some of them. If you want to make your life much easier, check out the guide on PSNP. It has some images you can use for the Hello Face and Slide Puzzle mini-games.

My Name is Mayo (Vita) 51/51 (+51) 100%
Total time played: 0h 43min

Don’t think this one needs a big write up… and I did it just because I needed something to fill 99 since I’m about to plat GT5 and want to make it Platinum 100.

Gran Turismo 5 59/59 (+2) 100%
Total time played: 587h 00min

It finally happened! On August 10th, 2023 I plated Gran Turismo 5 12 years, 8 months and 14 days after I earned my 1st trophy on the game.

It has been a long a painful road to this platinum but probably the most rewarding accomplishment in my Trophy Hunting career.

I won't spend too much time on it since I've documented most of the last months on my YouTube Lets Play series as well as on my X (formerly Twitter)... but yeah... it good to have this one out of the way.

The Last of Us Remastered 17/50 (+5) 26%
Total time played: 13h 23min

Since I completed Gran Turismo 5, I can now get back to TLOU and get the online done. 

My plan is to complete all of the MP trophies first and them switch to AC: Black Flag on PS4 to also get the MP stuff done. The reason why I want to get those two MP's done is that I plan on tackling Gran Turismo Sport next but really want to have the full franchise completion on both TLOU and AC since these are my 2 favorite franchises... but since there's MP and I don't know how long I'll be on GT Sport, I want to make sure I'm not locked out of those two plats.

So, since last time, I managed to get all the DLC content trophies done and complete my Hunter's journey. I've also started my Firefly journey but I'm only on Week 1, so I don't have much done on that one yet.

Assassin's Creed III: Liberation 22/45 (+13) 48%
Total time played: ??h ??min

Next game I'm playing on Vita, this is the only other game (with AC Black Flag PS4) which had online trophies. I got those cleared first and then went on to tackle the Main story, not bothering with any of the collectibles or side quests but trying to get 100% Synchronization as much as possible.

I just completed the story and I've now moved on to get all the collectibles and side quests done. I'll be keeping the 100% synch for last.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider (Streaming on Twitch) 54/100 (+42) 8%
Total time played: 24h 44min

So I've made some decent progress on this one since last time although I haven't played it in over a week.

Contrary to AC Liberation, I'm tackling as much side content as possible on this one as I want to limit the clean up especially considering that I will need to do a 2nd playthrough on the hardest difficulty.

Still enjoying the game and story a lot but I must admit that the side missions are very long and I don't enjoy them that much... Lucky for me, I don't have to worry about them on my 2nd playthrough.

Content news
- Borderlands - 355 votes
- Darksiders - 19 votes
- Nioh - 584 votes

I've also decided that the poll will take a break after this one end. There's a bunch of games that I really want to tackle next so after Tomb Raider and Nioh are completed, I'll most probably tackle the Borderlands and Darksiders franchises. Once those are done, I might bring back the poll... but that's a long time from now.

Platinums: 100 (+3)
100% Completion: 118 (+4)
Completion %: 95.80% (0.59%)
Unearned trophies: 243 (-26)

Hello fellow trophy hunters and welcome back to another one of my Progress Report. I'm trying hard to get back to the weekly schedule which is not always easy... sometimes, I just forget lol

Anyways, I had a fairly decent week last week... even though I have not played my main streaming game in over 2 weeks (I keep falling asleep in the rocking chair in my daughters room!). Let's have a quick look at what has been going on!

The Last of Us Remastered 17/50 (+5) 26%
Total time played: 16h 13min

Not much progress trophy wise on the game but I did manage to squeeze in about 3h worth of Factions last week which got me to Week 4, Day 7.

I'm hoping to get to week 8 or 9 by the end of the week... and even maybe week 10! That would be really awesome.

Anyways, once I'm done with the Firefly journey, I'll be putting TLOU aside and get some AC Black Flag MP trophies.

Assassin's Creed III: Liberation 41/45 (+19) 92%

In the past week I managed to get all the collectibles and side missions done. I also managed to completed most of the misc trophies and actually only have 2 of those left (blocking a firing line 10 times and climbing 8,848m). The firing line trophy I will be tackling first in my next sessions, then I'm going to go clean up the missions I didn't get 100% synchronization on. The last trophy I'll be popping before the plat will be the climbing 8,848m one... I'm only at around 3,400m climbed at this point... so I imagine I'm going to have a few hours worth of climbing a church and jumping off...

Shadow of the Tomb Raider (Streaming on Twitch) 54/100 (+0) 49%
Total time played: 24h 44min

As I mentioned in the intro, I haven't touched this game (or streamed in fact) in the last 2 weeks. I've been having a really hard time staying awake past 9pm in the past weeks but hopefully I'll be able to get back to streaming this week... it's been much too long now.

Content news
- Borderlands - 355 votes
- Darksiders - 19 votes
- Nioh - 584 votes

I've also decided that the poll will take a break after this one end. There's a bunch of games that I really want to tackle next so after Tomb Raider and Nioh are completed, I'll most probably tackle the Borderlands and Darksiders franchises. Once those are done, I might bring back the poll... but that's a long time from now.

Platinums: 100 (+0)
100% Completion: 118 (+0)
Completion %: 96.15% (0.35%)
Unearned trophies: 198 (-45)

Edited by PatTheTrophyHunter

• 1 month later...

What is up my fellow trophy hunting friends!?

It has been a really long time since I had last posted an update... over a month in fact!!

Like I believe I had mentioned previously, I've been having a very hard time staying awake past 8:30pm in the past months and that is the time I usually have time to play games when everyone is asleep at home...

But anyways, I've managed to squeeze in a lot of game time in the last week with me taking a week off last week and I managed to make some good progress.

Lets see what happened in the last month!

The Last of Us Remastered 18/50 (+1) 32%
Total time played: 24h 22min

Since the last post, I managed to finish the Firefly Journey and got the last online trophy for the game. I'll now be moving on to Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag and get that game done before coming back to TLOU for the base game stuff.

Assassin's Creed III: Liberation 45/45 (+4) 100%
Total time played: about 20h

Assassin’s Creed III Liberation is your typical 2012 era AC game… You run around, complete missions while trying to meet all optional objectives, collect stuff and do some super repetitive side missions. At the time, I believe this was the first game which you played as a female assassin. It’s not a very difficult game but does require you to do a fair amount of grinding for two of the trophies.

Climber which requires you to climb 8,848m… you’ll climb about 4,000m naturally so you can expext to have to grind a few hours to climb the remaining 4,848m needed for this trophy.

Completionist which requires you to reach the maximum player level in the multiplayer… because yes, this game has a multiplayer… which is not really a multiplayer mode. Essentially, all you need to do is to send you assassin’s on a “mission” to go fight in another city… even though each assassin has a certain amount of attack points, you can still send them to fight even though they are at zero… the only downside is you don’t get as many points from the attacks.

Overall, I would say that this is probably one of the weakest AC game from a story perspective. I found the characters to lack depth and personality, the missions where kind of boring and the side missions super repetitive and irrelevant to the main story.

Claire (PS Vita) 16/16 (+16) 100%
Total time played: about 6h

This was my 2nd time playing this game that I had gotten free on PS+ a long time ago.

I’m not a big fan of the genre and really only played this because it was an easy enough plat to get with a guide.

Since I haven’t really played this game as it was intended, I’ll refrain from giving any opinions on it… but from a trophy hunting perspective, this was a very easy, although kinda boring experience.
Note that the PS Vita version requires you to do two playthroughs as there’s not enough items on Nightmare difficulty to get the Item Hoarder trophy.

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (PS4) 6/61 (+6) 9%
Total time played: 19h 29min

Next on my list of offline games is AC IV: Black Flag. Now you might wonder why I'm going back to playing a game I already plated and 100% on PS3... well I've decided for some reason that I wanted to complete all the AC games that have trophies and all their various versions. AC Black Flag is the only one left that has online trophies so I wanted to clear it out before the online servers get shut down.

With this being said, I've made some very good progress in the past month and I'm now at Level 51 and need only 2 more skills/weapons for All Rounder.

I'll still be going for the complete game though because I believe there's a few base game trophies that require a connection to the servers so I'll be going for this completion and then go back to the older AC games.

Uncharted: Golden Abyss (PS Vita) 4/56 (+4) 5%

Next game on the Vita and the only Uncharted game I still had not played, Golden Abyss is bringing me back to all that I loved about the Uncharted franchise.

I've started my first playthrough on Hard difficulty and I must admit that it isn't that difficult. I've died more times due to the bad controls on the Vita than actually getting shot by enemies.

So far, I'm enjoying the game a lot but the trophies don't pop very often, most of them being related to getting kills with different weapons of completing collectible sets.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider (Streaming on Twitch) 100/100 (+46) 100%
Total time played: 54h 26min

Shadow was an amazing game!!! I kind of was afraid of the Deadly Obsession playthrough but it wasn't actually that bad.

The Tomb Raider journey was an amazing one that concludes magnificently with Shadow of the Tomb Raider. For those of you who have not played these games, I strongly recommended them.

Nioh (Streaming on Twitch) 4/86 (+4) 3%
Total time played: 11h 29min

Winner of the most recent poll, Nioh is the next game we'll be playing on stream.

I started Nioh during my last 2 days of stream week and I must admit that it's a good thing that I did it at that moment... because it took me about 7h to get used to how to play this game.
This is my very first experience with souls like games and the learning curve has been steep! I've struggled a lot in the beginning but I think that I'm now doing a bit better and will start to enjoy the game more as I get better at it.

Content news

As mentioned above, the poll has ended and Nioh is our big winner but I've also decided that the poll will take a break after this one end. There's a bunch of games that I really want to tackle after Nioh games are completed, I'll most probably tackle the Borderlands and Darksiders franchises. Once those are done, I might bring back the poll... but that's a long time from now.

As for the YouTube channel, I've gone back to making some short Trophy Guides, I'm posting some Let's Play series and of course you can always watch my older stream vods on there. So, don't forget to check out my YouTube channel where you can view my past stream recording, some short trophy guides as well as the new Let's Play series 

Platinums: 103 (+3)
100% Completion: 121 (+3)
Completion %: 94.53% (-1.62%)
Unearned trophies: 336 (+138)

• Like 1