I have a question

ScatmanJJ

I recently started to re-use my Vita after many years of it sitting in the bottom of a draw and I have a question regarding trophies.

Several of the games I own allow me to have both PS4 and Vita versions, so if I have completed the PS4 version can I still earn Vita trophies.

For example I completed Volume on PS4 can I replay the Vita version and get the trophies again?  

Yes and no. If a game has a separate trophy list for PS4 and Vita, then you can earn trophies for both versions. such as My Name is Mayo and The Wolf Among Us. Certain games do not have separate trophy lists, like Thomas Was Alone, which means if you earn the trophy on the Vita, it is also earned on the PS4 (and only counts as one trophy).

Edited by NZBigC
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, AbuRiyam said:

Another question, can I connect the dual shock controller to both PS VITA and PS4 launching the same game to get the trophies at same time??

Like for example, a POGWI game

I don't think there is any way to use DS4 on a Vita. Only PSTV but the Vita games it can play are limited I am pretty sure.

16 minutes ago, skateak said:

I don't think there is any way to use DS4 on a Vita. Only PSTV but the Vita games it can play are limited I am pretty sure.

There is a "way" to "use", but it is more like remote playing PS4 on PSV with DS4 :D. So nothing what OP is looking for actually.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwyLsn7u6qg

I also do not understand why Sony didn't implement such function to allow playing with DS4 on PSV.

And yes, the list of games supported by PSTV is limited.

Edited by Smashero

5 hours ago, NZBigC said:

Yes and no. If a game has a separate trophy list for PS4 and Vita, then you can earn trophies for both versions. such as My Name is Mayo and The Wolf Among Us. Certain games do not have separate trophy lists, like Thomas Was Alone, which means if you earn the trophy on the Vita, it is also earned on the PS4 (and only counts as one trophy).

Yeah pretty much this. All retalaike games have seperate lists but im not sure about volume. Velocity 2x dosen't have a seperate list

Games being 'multiplatform' have shared trophy lists, Volume is one of those (if you look at the trophy list, u see ps4 & vita, meaning they're shared) 

U cant use a ds4 on the vita, the closest you can get to that is by remote-play & connect ur ds4 as 2nd player, but essentially ur only using ur vita as ps4 screen then