Greedy trophy is bugged

Rizzie-Nino

• 1 month later...
On 7/15/2020 at 8:21 PM, kALWa888 said:

well, i got all candies in challenge mode after beating the game, and it worked. i didn't have to finish last level, trophy popped right after i picked up last candy. so it didn't glitch on me.

Do you know what level you unlocked it on? Same thing happened to me, but when I go into challenge mode it says I have all the candies on every level. Tested a few thing to see if I could get it to pop like getting all 5 stars in the first level and collecting all 5 candies in your house when starting a new game. Neither worked. This game does seem a little buggy though. Like, the files I collected aren’t all unlocked. And I’m not talking about missing 1 or 2, but all the files from the circus level weren’t in the database until after I ran the challenge level.

Just trying to reduce the play time. I enjoyed the game, but I want my trophy.

Edit: Got it on the second level when going for 5 stars. Also, I have to say that the game is even better when trying to not kill anyone in the levels. I wonder how the news broadcasts on TV play out when you don’t murder a building full of dude! I may play through the story again to find out. Forgetting about the candies of course! Haha!

Edited by PsienceWins
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...

For any kindred soul that has this game in their backlog and could not find confirmation on this throphy. 

The greedy throphy is neither bugged or glitched. You also do not need to find them all in challenge mode or play every level perfectly to get five stars. I got it playing story mode and I only had 3 levels with 5 stars. You do need to find all candies in the intermission sections at Smith's house (5 candies each time and always at the same place) and this makes the throphy missable since you can not return to these sections in challenge mode. Most candies are pretty easy to find with two being a bit tricky in the final level since an enemy converts them to green candies, which do not count for the throphy. 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 04/03/2023 at 5:12 AM, Laozuli said:

For any kindred soul that has this game in their backlog and could not find confirmation on this throphy. 

The greedy throphy is neither bugged or glitched. You also do not need to find them all in challenge mode or play every level perfectly to get five stars. I got it playing story mode and I only had 3 levels with 5 stars. You do need to find all candies in the intermission sections at Smith's house (5 candies each time and always at the same place) and this makes the throphy missable since you can not return to these sections in challenge mode. Most candies are pretty easy to find with two being a bit tricky in the final level since an enemy converts them to green candies, which do not count for the throphy. 

I completed the game by following a video guide including all candies/books and the candies trophy bugged, I confirmed I gotten every candies for each level and each intermission(house) but yet still bugged,challenge mode shows all candies picked up in each level too

8 hours ago, zero3extreme said:

I completed the game by following a video guide including all candies/books and the candies trophy bugged, I confirmed I gotten every candies for each level and each intermission(house) but yet still bugged,challenge mode shows all candies picked up in each level too

Ah wel I stand corrected then. I used the guide from a small youtuber called cross-fire-kitty and had no issues. 

5 hours ago, zero3extreme said:

Same here, i was following that youtuber cross-fire-kitty video walkthrough from start to end

Sorry to hear that man, guess its still a bugged throphy :(. The game was mostly bugfree for me, I only had a crash in the basement of Norman's House. 

I also played on the ps5 but not sure if that makes a difference. I hope you'll get it the second time!

On 4/3/2023 at 5:01 PM, Laozuli said:

Sorry to hear that man, guess its still a bugged throphy :(. The game was mostly bugfree for me, I only had a crash in the basement of Norman's House. 

I also played on the ps5 but not sure if that makes a difference. I hope you'll get it the second time!

Ah.. I am on ps4 btw, yup,  i just restarted adventure and reach intermission betweem 3rd level and 4th level, hope get it in this 2nd playthrough

I was interested in playing this too since it's leaving PS Plus Extra on the 18th but the bug is kinda putting me off. Judging by the leaderboard on this site, at least Playstation players have a chance. For xbox players, the Greedy trophy/achievement is completely unobtainable.

It had glitched on me too but I stumbled onto a workaround. I had saved right before picking up that final candy (on the right side of that room with the last kid -- you don't want to risk saving outside with those 2 NPCs with guns walking around) and it didn't pop, and angry that I would have to do another playthrough, I closed the game and left my PS5 on my USB backup saves screen while I took a break.

I was going to try to upload that save and try it on my PS4 to see if that works but decided to just try again on my PS5, and even checked the Challenge Mode to confirm that I got all the candy on all previous levels. I loaded up that last save, picked up that same last candy again and it popped!

So try closing the game, opening the challenge mode and scrolling all over the map and then trying again. Good luck.

Edited by SliK6SiK
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The trophy is not bugged nor glitched, the issue is that you can miss to pick up some candies between levels (in your home) if you skip any of the three visits to the tavern. I followed the following guide and my trophy popped as soon as I picked the last candy in the orphanage level. I had to restart the level though as I missed a couple of candy in the basement, and also my saved file got corrupted after the scrapyard level (I saved a lot there), I was lucky that I had uploaded it before the slaughterhouse.

Here is the link, just make sure you pick all available candy before leaving each level:

https://www.chaptercheats.com/cheat/playstation4/381156/2Dark/hint/146535/

Edited by Deceptrox

On 03/04/2023 at 6:01 AM, Laozuli said:

How did you resolve the crash? I tried on ps4 and ps5 and had the crash at the same point in the basement of Norman's House.

7 hours ago, RattlesnakeBR said:

How did you resolve the crash? I tried on ps4 and ps5 and had the crash at the same point in the basement of Norman's House.

I luckily just had a save before the boss fight and I could just load back in. 

The second time everything went smoothly and the crash didn't occur again. I suggest to just keep trying until it works :) 

4 hours ago, Laozuli said:

I luckily just had a save before the boss fight and I could just load back in. 

The second time everything went smoothly and the crash didn't occur again. I suggest to just keep trying until it works :) 

My save is one minute before the crash. ? 

I'll keep trying and wishing for luck.