Partners for Life - Doubles Grand Slam Trophy

GibbGA

On 25/05/2020 at 4:03 PM, GibbGA said:

For those who have the trophy, how did you get it? What's the easiest way? 

Put your stats for serve the highest as possible, put the match to 1 game 1 set and Standards Points (No ad) or Fast 4. serve big on the corner and drop shot on the front gap and whe the computer comes foward lob them. Last thing, when you lose, quickly shut the game go back the playstation dashboard. 

8 hours ago, GibbGA said:

Thx, I guess I may just have to use save files as back up before each doubles match. Was hoping to avoid that if possible.

No you don't need no backup mate , the game registers after each points, so you just gotta go back to the board and go back into the game and itll be back to 40-(Whatever your score is) 

For the record, the Partners for Life trophy glitched on me and popped by only winning the US Open/New York at the end of the season. I hadn't played any of the other doubles slams. I played NY just to practice, got lucky and won w/ Nadal as my partner.

On 5/28/2020 at 5:46 PM, SteveCheraLouis said:

Can you tell me the name of all your sponsors please ? I still havent got the trophy for that and its like my 5th 6th season, number 1 forever, I got everything else and I got a lot of sponsors proposal but they not interesting so I dont change unless its higher .... 

Sorry, I didn't ever see a notification. Yea, next time I get into my PS4 I'll grab them and post them. Most seemed pretty obvious just by the amount of money that was being offered. I just kept playing until I got them. I think I got them within 3 seasons.

On 5/31/2020 at 10:09 PM, SteveCheraLouis said:

So one can list their sponsors name ? Okay

Raquet - Head

Clothing - Nike

Jewelry - Richard Mille

Car - Kia

Finance - ANZ

Charity - Set for Anything

Food - Haagen Dazs

Other - Toshiba

These are the ones I had. I'm sure there are others that would work too though.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, GibbGA said:

Raquet - Head

Clothing - Nike

Jewelry - Richard Mille

Car - Kia

Finance - ANZ

Charity - Set for Anything

Food - Haagen Dazs

Other - Toshiba

These are the ones I had. I'm sure there are others that would work too though.

Yes we got the same ones lol, maybe you havent noticed but I got the trophy after all... But It's good to know because I'm also doing it on the Xbox One. I tried to add you but PSN wouldn't allow me 

• 2 months later...
On 1-9-2020 at 4:40 PM, JD-D2 said:

There was another user who posted this elsewhere — I can't find his name but all credit goes to him — but for anyone struggling with the braindead partners AI, I stumbled across a weird thing that pops the Partners for Life trophy:

1. Start up a career with an existing player — I chose Nadal. Set the difficulty to rookie and every match setting to 1 set, 1 game. 
  2. Go into your planner and only schedule the four Grand Slams. Pick singles for each (if you even have that option, I believe you won't by default). Select "Rest Week" for every week in between. Don't schedule anything for the weeks after the US Open equivalent just yet.
  3. Go through and win the Australian Open, the French Open equivalent, and the Wimbledon equivalent. It'll be very easy, and each match should take a minute or less.
  4. BEFORE you go to play the US Open equivalent, invite a doubles partner and have him accept. I chose Khachanov and he accepted immediately.
  5. Play the US Open equivalent through SINGLES ONLY, and win like you did with the other three slams.
  6. After you've won the US Open equivalent — the "The Grandest of Slams!" trophy will have popped by now if you didn't have it already — go into your planner and select a DOUBLES event. I picked the next "World 250" event that had doubles, resting every week up until that point.
  7. Enter that doubles event and LOSE the first match. I don't know if you have to lose, but my theory is this pops the trophy faster because it finishes the tournament. You could try just playing legitimately if you enjoy playing doubles, but if you're just going for the trophy as fast as possible, losing in the first round worked for me.
  8. Once you exit out of the tournament, the Partners for Life trophy should pop.

I have no clue why this works, but as of patch 1.08 it's still possible to use this and get the two Slam-related Gold trophies done in about an hour. Having a buddy to play locally can make things much easier if you want to get the doubles trophy legit, but since I just want to get back to my solo create-a-player career mode, I found this was a nice workaround. Hope it helps anyone else who comes across this!

Worked!! 

Finally got this platinum, gave up on it 6 months ago because of one BS trophy...

Thank you

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 9/1/2020 at 3:40 PM, JD-D2 said:

There was another user who posted this elsewhere — I can't find his name but all credit goes to him — but for anyone struggling with the braindead partners AI, I stumbled across a weird thing that pops the Partners for Life trophy:

1. Start up a career with an existing player — I chose Nadal. Set the difficulty to rookie and every match setting to 1 set, 1 game. 
  2. Go into your planner and only schedule the four Grand Slams. Pick singles for each (if you even have that option, I believe you won't by default). Select "Rest Week" for every week in between. Don't schedule anything for the weeks after the US Open equivalent just yet.
  3. Go through and win the Australian Open, the French Open equivalent, and the Wimbledon equivalent. It'll be very easy, and each match should take a minute or less.
  4. BEFORE you go to play the US Open equivalent, invite a doubles partner and have him accept. I chose Khachanov and he accepted immediately.
  5. Play the US Open equivalent through SINGLES ONLY, and win like you did with the other three slams.
  6. After you've won the US Open equivalent — the "The Grandest of Slams!" trophy will have popped by now if you didn't have it already — go into your planner and select a DOUBLES event. I picked the next "World 250" event that had doubles, resting every week up until that point.
  7. Enter that doubles event and LOSE the first match. I don't know if you have to lose, but my theory is this pops the trophy faster because it finishes the tournament. You could try just playing legitimately if you enjoy playing doubles, but if you're just going for the trophy as fast as possible, losing in the first round worked for me.
  8. Once you exit out of the tournament, the Partners for Life trophy should pop.

I have no clue why this works, but as of patch 1.08 it's still possible to use this and get the two Slam-related Gold trophies done in about an hour. Having a buddy to play locally can make things much easier if you want to get the doubles trophy legit, but since I just want to get back to my solo create-a-player career mode, I found this was a nice workaround. Hope it helps anyone else who comes across this!

This works in March 2021.

I simulated the first doubles match, won it and the trophy popped, so it doesn't matter if you win or lose that first match.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 1/9/2020 at 4:40 PM, JD-D2 said:

Thanks 

September 2022 ver 1.09 still working ?

Edited by lucxav
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 01/09/2020 at 3:40 PM, JD-D2 said:

Thank you, this worked perfectly!

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

As already mentioned, this works also with your created career player. I even had already choosen my doubles partner 2 seasons earlier. Just win the four grand slams in one season (single) and then lose one doubles match, don‘t play any other tournaments.

Edited by andreas_s_78
  • Like 1