Anyone know what Gamestop's policy is if you miss your preorder?

big_bob002

Been trading in games like crazy so I'm up to a substantial amount of the system, and of course the $100 down on the preorder. A bunch of topics came up on gfaqs and people are saying Gamestop doesn't guarantee preorders?

I won't be able to get there for the midnight launch or until after work the next day. Anyone know that their policy is on the $100 down if they don't have any left? Will I get it back?

GameStop gives you a certain time to pick up something you reserved. Once that time window has passed, they can sell that product to whoever wants to buy it. You will still have your money saved in the computer from the pre-order. You would lose out on getting the product (maybe, it's not guaranteed that it'll be gone, they just won't hold it for you anymore), but you'd still have your pre-order credit.

Edited by drummerklg
  • Like 1

Like said, they hold the game/system 48 hours after release and if you don't pick it up they are free to sell it. Again, you won't lose whatever you've put down on the system as they have all that saved in the computer system but it is always smart to keep receipts. Personally, before launch I'd go to the store and tell them you're working the next day and won't be able to pick it up until day two, generally they'll put a not on the system with your name and the say you're picking it up so no other associates will sell it. 

Parker

I know when I worked for EB it was 24-48 hours depending on the game.

The thing is if a store is sitting on stock (even if it is preordered) it hurts their replenishment. So if a store is sitting on your PS4 they may not see any more PS4 until they sell out so instead of taking that chance they will just sell it to the next customer.

My advice would be to pay it off in full and let them know you can't pick it up for a couple of days. This way at least they have all the money for the system and they may be more willing to help you out because remember that PS4 isn't just a 400$ system they could sell, it also means warranties, controllers, games etc. So by them holding it for you they are passing up on huge sales to other customers.

Edited by Dr_Mayus