I just platted the game.

But godddddaamn it. The final (final) boss on Nightmare is absolutely horrible.  (The rest of nightmare is a breeze on ng+)

I tried about 10 times. Its half down to luck, quarter stats and quarter skill. Its the worst fight in the game (as i suppose it should be really ? ). 

There is a basic strategy in the guide but its not foolproof. 

Basically i just want to say this, read up on the strats for the fight, don't give up/lose patience and hope that lady luck will smile on you. 

*raises pint to all others who platted it*

(ToCS2 here we come!)

Edited by punkshepherd
Lizard People

On 28-5-2020 at 4:46 PM, punkshepherd said:

I just platted the game.

But godddddaamn it. The final (final) boss on Nightmare is absolutely horrible.  (The rest of nightmare is a breeze on ng+)

I tried about 10 times. Its half down to luck, quarter stats and quarter skill. Its the worst fight in the game (as i suppose it should be really 1f643.png ). 

There is a basic strategy in the guide but its not foolproof. 

Basically i just want to say this, read up on the strats for the fight, don't give up/lose patience and hope that lady luck will smile on you. 

*raises pint to all others who platted it*

(ToCS2 here we come!)

Yea am stuck on the boss fighting on nightmare 

and the RNG is killing me 

what level was you Rean when fighting against boss  ?

Level 69 myself but I can’t beat him 

some people say you have better statistics if you are level 72+

Edited by Blood-Stalker1
Spoiler

Yeah im pretty sure the higher level you are the better Reans stats are. I havent read anything SUPER concrete though.

Personally i was level 72 i think.

Might be worth recording your stats (HP and damage basically) now.

Then going back and gaining a level or two and seeing if it makes a difference.

Pretty sure it wont be too big a difference but that fight IS fine margins so worth checking out imo.

P.s. might be worth whacking some spoiler tags on that btw...

Edited by punkshepherd
Crab people

Don't really know what to say since I beat him on the first try on nightmare. Mind you, it took me ten times my first playthrough on hard though. It really helps to use Waning Moon since that helps you avoid damage most of the time.

On 6/9/2020 at 2:39 PM, DarkTytanium said:

Just managed it a while back....raised Rean to level 68 and slapped a level 5 angel master quartz on him

Did it have any effect on his stats etc and did he have the angel style full heal when you die? If so that should be a decent setup for Rean in the final battle. 

Oh and to all other "final bossers", Waning Moon isnt foolproof. Its probably the better option but mixing it up and using the Str raising move can also work. 

On 6/10/2020 at 0:00 PM, punkshepherd said:

Did it have any effect on his stats etc and did he have the angel style full heal when you die? If so that should be a decent setup for Rean in the final battle. 

Oh and to all other "final bossers", Waning Moon isnt foolproof. Its probably the better option but mixing it up and using the Str raising move can also work. 

Not much of an effect since i just wanted to get through the game and now clean up trophies. Yeah, level 5 restores all HP, EP and CP to 200...TWICE!

Just finished the nightmare run and got those two trophies for difficulty...now clean up for the ones i missed.

On 11-6-2020 at 7:15 PM, DarkTytanium said:

Not much of an effect since i just wanted to get through the game and now clean up trophies. Yeah, level 5 restores all HP, EP and CP to 200...TWICE!

Just finished the nightmare run and got those two trophies for difficulty...now clean up for the ones i missed.

Will that work on the final boss in the game ?

I don't know how, but I had 34 shining pom baits at the end of the second walktrough on nightmare difficulty. I used up all of them at the beginning of chapter 6 - Rean was at level 99, Alisa, Laura and Emma was at 94-98 and I still have a really hard time in all of the bossfights in that chapter. 

But the endgame boss was easy as hell. I had a level 5 Angel core, and I just used the best target options (based on the guide pictures), and if he used a defence stance, I used that craft with the high counter chance. After that Rean always guarded the attacks (and never made any counter). Never had to use any healing, and at the end I still had more than half of my HP.

Edited by grassware
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, grassware said:

I don't know how, but I had 34 shining pom baits at the end of the second walktrough on nightmare difficulty. I used up all of them at the beginning of chapter 6 - Rean was at level 99, Alisa, Laura and Emma was at 94-98 and I still have a really hard time in all of the bossfights in that chapter. 

But the endgame boss was easy as hell. I had a level 5 Angel core, and I just used the best target options (based on the guide pictures), and if he used a defence stance, I used that craft with the high counter chance. After that Rean always guarded the attacks (and never made any counter). Never had to use any healing, and at the end I still had more than half of my HP.

Good call on the shiny poms i completely forgot about them. 

You probably got them in the dlc packs

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grassware said:

How did you get that many shining Pom baits 

I started playing on the Vita, and get the free pack (or packs, I don't remember), I didn't bought any. I beated the game on that system and started playing NG+ (there is a screen when you can select which items you want to carry over).

Then I imported the game to PS4, which give you all the DLC content by default and I think it glitched my items and doubled them when I imported the save, because I remember that it gave me an option similar to the NG+ screen (so I could carry over the items again) and all of the costumes are there twice. Hence, the pom baits are doubled too, imho.

• 4 months later...
23 hours ago, AndyKazama said:

About to start this mode next week. Does it have retry and retry and weaken enemies?

If so, do they void the nightmare difficulty trophy. 

Just play nightmare 

but made sure you level 75+ for a easy end boss fight 

try and get a few of them free level up monsters 

the dlc is cheap 

• 2 months later...