Pokemon Themed 3DS XL Announced

Parker

So Nintendo goes through all that trouble making a 2DS to market to children and then they take their most popular "kiddie" franchise and make a special edition 3DS XL, makes sense.

BTUJdMQIEAA4TEk-610x291_zps689863af.jpg

During today's Pokemon-centric Nintendo Direct, Satoru Iwata confirmed that the Pokemon themed 3DS XL consoles will be released in the West.

The special blue and red consoles, featuring Xerneas and Yveltal, will be released in North America and Europe on September 27th – that's almost two weeks ahead of the game's release date. This implies that unlike a lot of other themed 3DS XL the console won't come with a preinstalled copy of the game.

Source: IGN

• Like 1

Any word on the price?

I'd definitely pick one up for $200

The regular 3DS XL is $200 so I'm assuming this will be the same as it doesn't come with the game or any extras. 

FYI, they made a Pikachu 3DS XL not to long ago and black and white got the same treament. So, it's not like they never made the "kiddie" market before the 2DS.

On the subject, I knew I should have waited for these special 3DS XL. The blue one is awesome.

I realize that but they made the other special editions before the 2DS was announced. What is the point in making a 2DS for kids when you are making the special editions they'd like in the 3DS XL variant?

Parker

The regular 3DS XL is $200 so I'm assuming this will be the same as it doesn't come with the game or any extras. 

I realize that but they made the other special editions before the 2DS was announced. What is the point in making a 2DS for kids when you are making the special editions they'd like in the 3DS XL variant?

Parker

From what I take from it, the 2DS is made for parents that don't want to be spending a load of money on a handheld that their kids would probably snap in half easily, and they don't know how to use the parent controls for the 3D function.

Parker

Good point. A 2DS is a cheaper option for anyone that doesn't want to pay 150$+ however, so it's just out there if anyone wants it or not. (Even do a 3DS XL is better)

I believe these are for gamers that don't have a 3DS XL and Pokemon fans.

The 2DS was created for kids 7 and under (not have to worry about the 3D hurting their eyes)

Agreed I always wait till I upgrade mine because pokemon always does a special edition one so I had my dsi special edition with zekrom and reshiram for a long time till I reserved this one xD for Y