Saving on Cloud or USB? How?

LoveInHell

I’m supposed to save after Chapter 9 by using the Cloud or a USB stick. I never did this before, how am I supposed to do this? Is using the Cloud easier/better than a USB? If I were to use a USB, how much GB is it supposed to have? Thank you~

(I am a noob to this stuff and hella confused)

Edited by LoveInHell

10 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

They both work in exactly the same way, it's just that the Cloud is faster and a little more convenient but do note that you need PS Plus to use the Cloud - whereas saving to a USB drive is free :).

I have PS+. How do I save to the Cloud then when there is no saving option in the game?

4 minutes ago, LoveInHell said:

I have PS+. How do I save to the Cloud then when there is no saving option in the game?

You have to back out to the XMB, close the game down then do the following: Press the Options button whilst the game app is highlighted => Upload/Download Saved Data => Upload All. When you want to redownload the save again, do the exact same thing, only choose the Download option instead of Upload :).

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

You have to back out to the XMB, close the game down then do the following: Press the Options button whilst the game app is highlighted => Upload/Download Saved Data => Upload All. When you want to redownload the save again, do the exact same thing, only choose the Download option instead of Upload :).

This is possible with every PS4 game?

Edit: also can I reopen the save file any time I want?

Edited by LoveInHell

3 minutes ago, LoveInHell said:

This is possible with every PS4 game?

Yes and some non-game apps as well e.g. the Media Player :). I backup all my saves to the Cloud after finishing a gaming session for the day, then copy them to a USB drive as well for added peace of mind :). You can also access the cloud via the Application Save Data tab in the PS4's Settings menu but that's a lot slower and fiddlier.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

24 minutes ago, LoveInHell said:

Okay, thank you I’ll try this out tomorrow.

You can also go to settings on the xmb scroll down to application saved data management and do everything that way with this method you have afew more options such as flat out deleting stuff or uploading or downloading more than 1 games files at a time instead of the method already mentioned which is just that perticular game your using at the time. This method I mention is good for backing up everything or clearing out space if your running low 

15 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Yes and some non-game apps as well e.g. the Media Player :). I backup all my saves to the Cloud after finishing a gaming session for the day, then copy them to a USB drive as well for added peace of mind :). You can also access the cloud via the Application Save Data tab in the PS4's Settings menu but that's a lot slower and fiddlier.

So I did this but now I don’t know how to open what I saved on the Cloud. I opened the game again and went to my saves but my character started from a checkpoint instead of the spot where and when I saved on the Cloud.

This is what I’m doing please correct me cause this is getting a little frustrating:

1. I play the game up until the point where I’m supposed to make a backup to the Cloud.

2. I go to the XMB and close the game.

3. I press Options on the game and select “Upload/Download Saved Data”.

4. I select “Select and Upload” because I don’t need the other save files to be backed up as I am playing another playthrough.

5. Its now uploaded to the (PS+) Online Storage.

Now the question is, how do I use the backup? Where do I access it from?

When I start up the game again, it puts me back at the last checkpoint instead of where I made the backup.

7 minutes ago, LoveInHell said:

This is what I’m doing please correct me cause this is getting a little frustrating:

1. I play the game up until the point where I’m supposed to make a backup to the Cloud.

2. I go to the XMB and close the game.

3. I press Options on the game and select “Upload/Download Saved Data”.

4. I select “Select and Upload” because I don’t need the other save files to be backed up as I am playing another playthrough.

5. Its now uploaded to the (PS+) Online Storage.

Now the question is, how do I use the backup? Where do I access it from?

When I start up the game again, it puts me back at the last checkpoint instead of where I made the backup.

what are you trying to do? Once the files are backed up you can redownload them at a later stage and resume your playthrough from the point you backed-up.

9 minutes ago, xZoneHunter said:

what are you trying to do? Once the files are backed up you can redownload them at a later stage and resume your playthrough from the point you backed-up.

This^

The backup is so you can restore your save after making whatever the decision is and avoid having to do multiple playthroughs for the other endings: https://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/call-of-cthulhu/guide/

Long story short, you backup your save, get the first ending, redownload your save and get the second ending, then redownload your save again to get the third and final ending

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

7 minutes ago, xZoneHunter said:

I’m supposed to make a backup before opening a door, if I fail to open the door it makes a checkpoint and there is no going back. I made a backup in front of the door but how do I replay from this point if I fail to open the door? So do I have to download the backup then instead of upload? How do I do that?

I just downloaded my save file, now how do I access this downloaded save file?

Edited by LoveInHell

1 minute ago, LoveInHell said:

I’m supposed to make a backup before opening a door, if I fail to open the door it makes a checkpoint and there is no going back. I made a backup in front of the door but how do I replay from this point if I fail to open the door? So do I have to download the backup then instead of upload? How do I do that?

The same way you upload it, there is another option to download them from the cloud. It's on the same screen as uploading. Might be best to lookup a youtube tutorial if you still can't find it.

2 minutes ago, xZoneHunter said:

The same way you upload it, there is another option to download them from the cloud. It's on the same screen as uploading. Might be best to lookup a youtube tutorial if you still can't find it.

Yes, 

I just downloaded my save file, now how do I access this downloaded save file?

9 minutes ago, LoveInHell said:

I just downloaded my save file, now how do I access this downloaded save file?

Once a save has been downloaded from the Cloud or copied over from a USB Drive, it will automatically overwrite the one that's already there - no other action needed, just load the game and off you go :).

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

5 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Once a save has been downloaded from the Cloud or copied over from a USB Drive, it will automatically overwrite the one that's already there - no other action needed, just load the game and off you go :).

Dear lord, thank you. I do not have the brain for this stuff, lol. Thanks guys. ?

53 minutes ago, LoveInHell said:

Dear lord, thank you. I do not have the brain for this stuff, lol. Thanks guys. 1f601.png

I also highly recommend making a backup save before attempting to unlock any trophy that requires any grinding.  For example, years ago I was working on a trophy from Rayman Legends that took about three months of playing everyday.  Right before I knew I was about to unlock the trophy, I saved to my USB. Once completing the trophy requirement, it failed to unlock.  All I had to do is copy my backup save to my system and try again. This did the trick and the trophy unlocked.  This saved me from needing to uninstall the game then replaying those three months over again.

• Like 2