How do people already have the game???

On 6/16/2020 at 1:19 PM, abhinandhan22 said:

Why would it be a different version? Can't they just disable the trophy triggers till day 1 and do a day 1 patch? 

The problem with that would be testing. During play testing, trophies (should be) tested to make sure that the coding was done properly and that the trophy pops upon meeting the correct requirements. Once that is done, they would need to add new code to disable trophies, which would then require further play testing not only to check all the trophies to make sure none pop, but the rest of the game as well. How many times have you seen a developer push an update to fix certain problems, only to break the game even more? Once that new code is fully tested and the game still functions, then a patch has to be created to re-enable trophies, which would also (theoretically) need complete testing. This trophy patch then would get lumped into the ever-growing size of Day 1 patches.

If you couldn't tell, that would be a very expensive process in terms of labor hours, crunch madness (presumably, just based on general time frame), and more back-and-forth with Sony, also costing them money too. And say one of these things actually does break the game, now the game might be delayed to fix the issue, which then it will need some form of re-submission after even further play testing. The hardcore trophy community is not as large as the casual gaming community, or even the community that enjoys getting trophies, but by no means actively seeks them out. To put in that type of time, effort, finances and other resources into something that prevents a few days worth of early trophy popping, it's not worth it under any context.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ShahinMiah said:

Don't you just hate how people always questions 'How do people already have this game?' Like you should know by now, a handful of people get review copies, promo copies etc. Like it's not rocket science 

I mean, it's not an obvious answer since so many people ask it and a lot of people aren't familiar with how reviewers work and so forth. 

A thread full of examples and answers does pop up on google when you search "psnprofiles how did they get the game early" though.

Hi all,

Think I might be one of the few people that got it early.
In my case I got it to write a Trophy Guide, so i'm actually putting in effort to publish it before release.
That way, all of us hunters can play the game with a guide, if they so wish.

Disabling trophies could work for reviewers, but certainly not for me :) 

• Like 1