What's the best way to do everything in the Free version before moving on to the Full version?

I just got Dissidia NT for PS4 last week in a sale at GameStop, and I've downloaded the Free Version since I heard that you can get all the Trophies there and that they basically "import" (ie unlock all of the same ones) in the Full Version if you start it up thereafter. I'm not sure if it works the other way, though, so my thought is that I should do everything in the Free Version first before getting to the main version for the rest of the Trophies that full game has.

That said, I'm brand new to the game as a whole. I went through the first few Combat tutorials and am still getting my mind around things, but I'm wondering if anyone knows of a sort of "path" to follow to basically unlock all the Free Version's trophies.

It looks like the basic goal would be to:

• Obtained all the EX skills and summons. How is this possible in the free version? What would I do?
  • Obtain 50 titles. Not sure how this even happens.
  • Win 300 Ranked Matches. I heard you can utilize bots/computer AI opponents for this, still need to look into it more to figure out how to do that. I also have a second PS4, so maybe that can help?
  • Specific actions in Ranked Matches. These are: Beat all 3 opponents by yourself 15 times, 30 wins without taking damage, 5 interruptions in a single match 30 times, Destroy 50 Summoning Cores by yourself, Beat someone at max HP with a single attack 50 times.

Are there any tips for doing the above in the Free version? I know that available characters can rotate out each week as well, so that makes me think it's difficult to get some of the above.
But really, I'm just brand new and hoping to understand the best "path" (or roadmap?) to getting through the above.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/1/2020 at 10:23 AM, JiII-Valentine-- said:

The best advice I can give you is to play against bots. I'm currently playing the free version and I've found this to be the best method to get most of the trophies. Don't spend any gil, since you can get titles for earning 1,000, 10,000, 100,000 and 1,000,000 gil.

It’s fine if you spend gil, it doesn’t have to be X gils in your current possession.

• 3 years later...

I'm yet to find a clear answer on whether or not any of the offline grind in Free (core battles for character levels and crystal titles) carry over to the full version or not. Since the player level keeps rising by grinding this out, and it seems the player level transfers, it means you lose out on a lot of treasures post the cap of 99. So I'd rather not waste time on this before transferring online progress unless the offline progress also carries over.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 11/8/2023 at 11:51 AM, Virdeborn said:

The other big grind you'll be working on is to obtain 50 titles. This is where purchasing DLC characters will come in handy. Getting a character to level 10 will award you a title. This means 28 or 34 easy titles depending on whether or not you bought the Season Pass ("Manikin" titles do not count, by the way). You will gain a few levels from winning ranked matches. The rest you can grind out via the Core Battle method, where you will also be working towards Crystal A offline ranks for a few of the ranged characters as this will net you additional titles as well.

Do you remember how you grinded for the character levels? Did you just use the available Marksman for the week since Yshtola isn't available every week.

• Like 1

On 2/20/2024 at 9:22 AM, Thedah said:

Do you remember how you grinded for the character levels? Did you just use the available Marksman for the week since Yshtola isn't available every week.

Yeah. I honestly didn't think Y'shtola was the best Marksman either (for Core Battles that would be The Emperor and in general I'd say Shantotto. Terra is, sadly, by far the worst). They're all good enough to get the job done fast enough though. You just gotta play around with them a bit to get used to their best moves. Don't bother with DLC characters on your team unless you intend to buy them eventually though. All titles you earn in the Free Edition will carry over.

• Like 1

On 2/21/2024 at 4:07 PM, Virdeborn said:

Yeah. I honestly didn't think Y'shtola was the best Marksman either (for Core Battles that would be The Emperor and in general I'd say Shantotto. Terra is, sadly, by far the worst). They're all good enough to get the job done fast enough though. You just gotta play around with them a bit to get used to their best moves. Don't bother with DLC characters on your team unless you intend to buy them eventually though. All titles you earn in the Free Edition will carry over.

Would you know what the estimated time of the FE is? I did the regular version years ago, but I'm not sure if there is a big difference or not time-wise.

Also I own the Season pass for the regular game. Can I use that in the FE?

Edited by sepheroithisgod

On 2/23/2024 at 1:08 PM, sepheroithisgod said:

Would you know what the estimated time of the FE is? I did the regular version years ago, but I'm not sure if there is a big difference or not time-wise.

Also I own the Season pass for the regular game. Can I use that in the FE?

I'm going through this now and am estimating 70 hours of active play time plus idle time on the menu to get the 100 hours title. 35 hours for the 300 ranked matches and 35 hours for leveling 34 characters to level 10. The season pass works on the Free Edition.

The 50 Titles I'm going for are 4 for 60 days consecutive days played (you can do a sparring match then change your system clock forward a day and do another sparring match and keep going until you get 60 days), 1 Crystal A rank character, 1 Gauntlet Runner Title, 3 titles for 100 ranked summon wins, 3 titles for 100,000 Gil, 3 titles for 100 items bought from the shop and 34 titles for character level 10 and 3 for 100 hours played. That should be 52 titles so there's some leeway.

Edited by Thedah
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Thedah said:

I'm going through this now and am estimating 70 hours of active play time plus idle time on the menu to get the 100 hours title. 35 hours for the 300 ranked matches and 35 hours for leveling 34 characters to level 10. The season pass works on the Free Edition.

The 50 Titles I'm going for are 4 for 60 days consecutive days played (you can do a sparring match then change your system clock forward a day and do another sparring match and keep going until you get 60 days), 1 Crystal A rank character, 1 Gauntlet Runner Title, 3 titles for 100 ranked summon wins, 3 titles for 100,000 Gil, 3 titles for 100 items bought from the shop and 34 titles for character level 10 and 3 for 100 hours played. That should be 52 titles so there's some leeway.

Thanks. Never considered using the clock for the consecutive days played. I'll have to do that next time I play.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
Posted (edited)
On 11/9/2023 at 6:51 AM, Virdeborn said:

You could aim for about 11 ranked wins per character. But buying the Season Pass when it's on sale, which is quite often, for an additional 6 characters (which will then always be available to you) means you can cut that number down to 9. It will also make the grind towards 50 titles much easier. More on that later. Your characters will end up somewhere in the mid silver ranks. If you do end up grinding more matches with specific characters, just avoid going beyond Silver A (which will get you into the Gold ranks, where the AI starts to get a bit smarter). I believe the maximum points you can get from a victory is 32, and to go from Silver E to Gold A requires 150 points.

I am bit confused here. I have just ranked up my first character in free edition from bronze e to bronze d and now the game shows all my online characters at bronze d. Is online ranks shared? Then what is the point of doing 9 battles per character instead of going for all 300 with one?

update: got it. After reaching silver other characters stay at bronze a

Edited by vanslayder