wow

10 hours ago, luckydonut said:

Yes, it's coming to PS Vita. Unfortunately I have no idea of the release date. Not sure why the trophies went live - the game hasn't even completed QA yet.

Oh I was bumped for a new one :(

did you got some news regarding Crypto on the vita ? I know it doesn’t depend on you but maybe you know something ?

The first game is on sale and I was thinking about buying it. But then I saw we could plat this in under an hour or two, so I might not be interested. Not that I expected an uncommon or rare platinum for this, but the POWGI game had dozens of levels, not a thing  you plat under an hour, even copying directly from a guide.

So my question is: how many levels the first game (and this second game, if someone already knows) has? 

11 hours ago, TurtlePM said:

The first game is on sale and I was thinking about buying it. But then I saw we could plat this in under an hour or two, so I might not be interested. Not that I expected an uncommon or rare platinum for this, but the POWGI game had dozens of levels, not a thing  you plat under an hour, even copying directly from a guide.

So my question is: how many levels the first game (and this second game, if someone already knows) has? 

The first game has four main sections (Animals, Games, Journeys and Food. Each section has a subsection with 12 different fairly large puzzles. If you're going for the Platinum, you'll have to complete one of these 16 puzzles in each subsection, so that's a total of four puzzles you have to do. Other than that, you have to use and ignore the hint function and then find certain words in various puzzles. It took me about 30 minutes to finish a puzzle, so, yeah, I'd say the Platinum can be gotten in under 2 and and a half hours without a guide (although looking at the 100% club it can be accomplished in about 47 minutes). If you play all of the puzzles and don't worry about the Platinum requirements, it should last you a few days (and cost you a lot of eye strain).

Judging by the trophy list, the second game appears to have the same number of levels.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, chrissonn said:

The first game has four main sections (Animals, Games, Journeys and Food. Each section has a subsection with 12 different fairly large puzzles. If you're going for the Platinum, you'll have to complete one of these 16 puzzles in each subsection, so that's a total of four puzzles you have to do. Other than that, you have to use and ignore the hint function and then find certain words in various puzzles. It took me about 30 minutes to finish a puzzle, so, yeah, I'd say the Platinum can be gotten in under 2 and and a half hours without a guide (although looking at the 100% club it can be accomplished in about 47 minutes). If you play all of the puzzles and don't worry about the Platinum requirements, it should last you a few days (and cost you a lot of eye strain).

Judging by the trophy list, the second game appears to have the same number of levels.

Thank you for replying. Guess I'll pass the first game then.

Of course I want the platinum and I really enjoy word search games (like those from magazines), but it appears that it doesn't ask much about trophies. Like I said before, I'm not expecting an hard platinum, but there are more games lately that have 100 levels and you only need to complete 20... Even if a game like this has 100 puzzles and you only need to complete 50, I won't pay 4€ for this. I'll wait for the sequel and see what they changed. 

36 minutes ago, TurtlePM said:

Thank you for replying. Guess I'll pass the first game then.

Of course I want the platinum and I really enjoy word search games (like those from magazines), but it appears that it doesn't ask much about trophies. Like I said before, I'm not expecting an hard platinum, but there are more games lately that have 100 levels and you only need to complete 20... Even if a game like this has 100 puzzles and you only need to complete 50, I won't pay 4€ for this. I'll wait for the sequel and see what they changed. 

I've played the first one and judging from the new trophy list I'd say they haven't changed anything. The requirements are the same, which means that you don't have to complete all puzzles.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, AvengedEvil said:

I've played the first one and judging from the new trophy list I'd say they haven't changed anything. The requirements are the same, which means that you don't have to complete all puzzles.

This is correct. The requirements are basically the same, just updated for the new puzzle topics.  The four sections are: America, Monsters, Rock (music) and Summer.  It's the same format: 16 subsections per puzzle at 30x30, roughly 1600 words in each puzzle in total.

For those who like to race to getting the platinum by using a solution, you can bypass much of the game. If you're going to cheat anyway, you only have to copy solutions for an hour or so.

For those who enjoy word games, we try to design the trophy set so that you'll get the platinum after solving the last puzzle. It's slightly different for Epic. Most of the trophies are for finding specific words, scattered throughout the puzzles. This is easy with a guide, of course, but it comes naturally as you progress if you solve everything. There's probably not a trophy for your very last word, but you'll be pretty close to done when the platinum pops if you play the game in full.

On 24/06/2020 at 8:36 PM, HopDreama said:

Oh I was bumped for a new one :(

did you got some news regarding Crypto on the vita ? I know it doesn’t depend on you but maybe you know something ?

Crypto for Vita passed QA just yesterday. I now need to push some buttons and do the correct ritual dance in order to get it released. Hopefully just a couple of weeks now.

Epic Word Search Collection 2 is further away though, probably August. These trophies shouldn't have been published yet - the game is definitely not ready. Try to enjoy some of the trophy titles in the meantime, I guess.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, luckydonut said:

This is correct. The requirements are basically the same, just updated for the new puzzle topics.  The four sections are: America, Monsters, Rock (music) and Summer.  It's the same format: 16 subsections per puzzle at 30x30, roughly 1600 words in each puzzle in total.

For those who like to race to getting the platinum by using a solution, you can bypass much of the game. If you're going to cheat anyway, you only have to copy solutions for an hour or so.

For those who enjoy word games, we try to design the trophy set so that you'll get the platinum after solving the last puzzle. It's slightly different for Epic. Most of the trophies are for finding specific words, scattered throughout the puzzles. This is easy with a guide, of course, but it comes naturally as you progress if you solve everything. There's probably not a trophy for your very last word, but you'll be pretty close to done when the platinum pops if you play the game in full.

Crypto for Vita passed QA just yesterday. I now need to push some buttons and do the correct ritual dance in order to get it released. Hopefully just a couple of weeks now.

Epic Word Search Collection 2 is further away though, probably August. These trophies shouldn't have been published yet - the game is definitely not ready. Try to enjoy some of the trophy titles in the meantime, I guess.

That's what happened for me. I got my final trophy with all puzzles solved except the final one at 76% completion. I love the relaxing classical music...just wish the words were easier on the eyes. The neon color caused my eyes to bug out after a while (to be fair, I played for hours at a time, seeing as I am not working at the moment due to quarantine).

I do wonder why the requirements are much more stringent for the Pic-A-Cross Color games, though. Is it because it's much easier to skim through the games with guides? I've enjoyed the games a lot...they really wear out my brain!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, luckydonut said:

that’s good news, thanks for the answer !

On 26.6.2020 at 11:58 AM, luckydonut said:

great news thank you.