Career gold cup requirements?

Currently going through the career mode, whilst trying to obtain the gold cup. Is there anyone that can explain what the requirements are for the gold cup? So far I've finished every race weekend first place (this included practice, qualify AND races). Next to that I've earned a golden medal on each of the sessions between race weekends (those "test" runs). Basically I've been getting first place every time and always earn gold medals, yet this game keeps telling me that my "overall medal = silver" (see image 1). I'm so confused about that.

The only thing that I can think of is that the amount of career points will depend what medal you're given. In fact, I've even experimented with this by skipping the practice and qualify sessions and going straight to races. When I did this the game gave me an overall medal = bronze. So I'm pretty sure the medal rank is based on the amount of career points you get.

I've been paying close attention to the amount of bonuses you can achieve during a race (see image 2). More bonuses should give you a higher overal score, which then should give you a better overal medal I suppose? There's an issue though. Some bonuses I could not get, even after fulfilling the requirements. For example the overtake machine bonus (this requires you to make 2 overtakes in a race). There's many races where I've been doing more than 2 overtakes and yet I never achieved this bonus. Very strange. I'm also curious if the difficulty affects the amount of points given. Can anyone confirm this? Currently I'm playing on easy difficulty as you can see, but perhaps that medium or hard difficulty will reward more points.

Image 1

Spoiler

qjDii47.jpg

Image 2

Spoiler

pzB76c1.jpg

boa colocação Floriss ...

Tenho quase certeza quando começar a fazer corridas de 1 hora, com dificuldade dificil,e com trocas de pneus, piloto e combustível, não cometer 

penalidades, 15 ou 16 segundos causa uma diferença muito grande .. (evitar o desqualificado);

OBS: se nos pitstops não colocar ou combustão obrigatória sera desqualificado ...

assim as pontuações seram bem altas..

espero ter ajudado, semana que vem vou iniciar ele ..

Google Translate:

good placement Floriss ...
I'm almost sure when I start racing for 1 hour, with difficult difficulty, and with tire changes, driver and fuel, don't commit
penalties, 15 or 16 seconds makes a big difference .. (avoid the disqualified);
OBS: if the pitstops do not put or mandatory combustion you will be disqualified ...
so the scores will be very high ..

I hope I helped, next week I will start it ..

Edited by DaivRules
Please post in English

Career trophies are unobtainable. :( I've went through the same events again, this time around on medium difficulty. Each time first place and gold ranks, but I still get the same amount of points as previous time. Difficulty doesn't affect anything. For the gold requirements you need to receive more bonus points for each event.

The image i posted on my original post shows 0 bonus points for the categories "hammertime" and "overtake machine". For these bonuses you need to drive clean laps and overtake 2 opponents in a race. I've met these requirements multiple times, but they never give you any points for it. I've watched several videos of other users going through the career mode and they never get any points either for those category. I have a strong feeling that you need those additional bonus points to maintain your gold rank status. Otherwise after a set amount of events the game is just going to kick you back to silver rank. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Really wish some guideline for the requirements on gold would be put out. Multiple people including my self have experimented with what the gold requirements are but it’s so unclear. 
I am currently stuck at the Brands Hatch wet corse waiting for update or a video from someone that figures it out. I am sure PlayStation and 505 see 0% achieved on these

Just now, GhostDaddie said:

Really wish some guideline for the requirements on gold would be put out. Multiple people including my self have experimented with what the gold requirements are but it’s so unclear. 
I am currently stuck at the Brands Hatch wet corse waiting for update or a video from someone that figures it out. I am sure PlayStation and 505 see 0% achieved on these

I already got gold medal at the brands hatch on normal but after a few race game kicked me back to silver. also i beat career on hard and pro difficulty but nothing has changed. and endurance events are bugged. no medal for result! it waste time for now

My result on hard before endurance https://ibb.co/PZNzYQw

Edited by Blu3Angels_s
Adding photo
  • Like 2

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

@Floriiss / @Blu3Angels_s

I am currently working my way through carreer mode (PS5 version) these days and I am having the exact problems, both of you described. I saw that you meanwhile managed to get the platinum trophy. How do you get it done in the end? I would really appreciate a short answer of you. I am recording my results in an Excel sheet right now and what I saw, was:

- Career points vs. difficulty:
I started 2 careers in normal and received at the end of the Youngster program in the first career 3000 and in the second career 4000 points. On easy I got in two careers each time 2000 points. Fun fact 1: I got the 4000 points with slighter slower lap times, than with the 3000 points. Fun fact 2: The game changed my overall rating after the 4000 to silver, while with the 3000 points I reached a gold rating.

- Requirements vs. difficulty:
On the Brands Hatch performance test I got on easy a gold medal with consistent 1:33 lap times. On medium I got with 1:33 only a bronze medal.

- Career points vs. Overall Rating:

On easy I got 35750 points after the Race weekend at Brands Hatch and the game set my overall rating back to silver. In the follwing career I got 33000 after Brands Hatch and still had a gold rating.

I participated in every training session, qualifying session and race (finished each single session in first place). This game is confusing me so much :-/ At the moment I am running my fifth attempt and I backup my savegame in the cloud after each event.

Any thoughts on that = much appreciated :-)

Edited by TOTENTANZ_77

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/17/2023 at 8:16 AM, cdinissantos said:

I cannot get gold on first endurance race in Monza, i always get Session Medal: None. Don't get any points from pole...but i started the race in first lol

On 3/18/2023 at 2:48 AM, TOTENTANZ_77 said:

This is a known bug in the PS5 version.

Sadly, I can confirm that the bug still exists on the PS5 version 1.008.010 (the version shown from the information of the tile of the game on the PS5 hub) and so the latest patch which is 1.8.10.4 released on 23/03/2023.

I just finished the race by playing disconnected from the internet and I also got a session medal with none and didn't get points for pole position and best qualification. Just got points for professionalism and hunter. I'm so surprised because the tip to get the gold medal was to play with no internet connection so I'm pretty sure with an internet connection, the result will be the same.

Funny side, I got the trophy Tireless which is simply to drive more than 100km in one session.

So right now, I can't continue the career mode and will stop temporarily playing this game, or maybe if I have the motivation, try to get the trophies related to the driver categories (gold standard and best of the best).

So be aware at the moment, the first endurance event at Monza is glitched on the PS5 version and you will not get the gold medal whatsoever. 

11 hours ago, cdinissantos said:

Thanks for update, i don't try with the last update but the patch log don't mention anything about this bug.

I have all trophies except this 3 of career mode.

I have good news! I own the physical version of the game so I tried something. I deleted the digital version and installed the disc version with the version installed which is 1.7.6.1. Then I decided to do the race again with no internet (first endurance race at Monza, short career mode on easy difficulty) and I got the gold medal at the end! 

Furthermore, I wanted to know if my progression was well saved by upgrading the game to the last version which is 1.8.14. And I can say that it works because I went from 19000 points to 34000 points and my medal is still gold. I will show you both screenshots with each version mentioned tomorrow.

So the trophy for the short career is still achievable but obviously, I don't know if by keep playing the next endurance races with the original version of the disc, I will still get the gold medal but my guess is it will. And also with the last version for the next endurance. So I will do the next endurance race which is at Silverstone with the original version.

To resume, but has to be confirmed for some:

• Finish the endurance race at Monza with the last version 1.8.1.14 and no internet connection will not give the gold medal
  • Finish the endurance race at Monza with the last version 1.8.1.14 and with an internet connection will not give the gold medal
  • Finish the endurance race at Monza with the disc version 1.7.6.1 and no internet connection will give the gold medal
  • Finish the endurance race at Monza with the disc version 1.7.6.1 and with an internet connection will give the gold medal (to be confirmed)

So soon as I already said, will create a topic dedicate to the career mode and explain how to get the gold medal for each race with the time to achieve (the test performance events)

3 hours ago, cdinissantos said:

You have physical version for PS4 or PS5?

I only have the digital version of the game.

Oh yes I forgot to mention that. I have the physical version for PS5 only. So what I explained above was tested with the physical version 1.7.6.1 for PS5.

I don't know unfortunately the original version number for the physical version for PS4. I think the physical version for both console might be cheaper now to buy. 

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, Smashguy said:

Alright. I'm now gold medal overall so after getting gold result 11:09.657 in Brands Hatch and it dropped to silver. I restarted and try again 11:08.715. Still silver. Un-freaking-believable. @Mystic_Snake

I'm so sorry to hear that! I was about to reply to you from the other thread but I read you're currently playing the game on the PS4 version and unfortunately, I don't know if I can help you that much because I feel like the bugs for unlocking trophies are not the same of both versions. 

You did the right time so under 11:10:XXX so wonder why you didn't get the gold medal. Do you have a screenshot?

This is what I got on my medium career from the PS5 digital version 1.8.11.1

SHARE-20230529-0313410.jpg

Do you have the PS4 physical version?

1 hour ago, Mystic_Snake said:

I'm so sorry to hear that! I was about to reply to you from the other thread but I read you're currently playing the game on the PS4 version and unfortunately, I don't know if I can help you that much because I feel like the bugs for unlocking trophies are not the same of both versions. 

You did the right time so under 11:10:XXX so wonder why you didn't get the gold medal. Do you have a screenshot?

This is what I got on my medium career from the PS5 digital version 1.8.11.1

SHARE-20230529-0313410.jpg

Do you have the PS4 physical version?

Yes, I do have both the PS4 physical and digital versions. I'm using latest patch 1.7.2 on PS4.

Here's my screenshot for Brands Hatch gold result. I back up save and restart event and got 11:08.715. Dropped me to silver still.

https://ibb.co/3cXQncG

Edited by Smashguy

1 hour ago, Smashguy said:

Yes, I do have both the PS4 physical and digital versions. I'm using latest patch 1.7.2 on PS4.

Here's my screenshot for Brands Hatch gold result. I back up save and restart event and got 11:08.715. Dropped me to silver still.

https://ibb.co/3cXQncG

That's really bad luck! That's really annoying, the developers (505 games, not Kunos) really takes their time to patch the console version anyway. 

Ok my only advice would be to try again with the physical version without patch.

Keep us in touch about it :)

On 29/05/2023 at 3:48 PM, Mystic_Snake said:

That's really bad luck! That's really annoying, the developers (505 games, not Kunos) really takes their time to patch the console version anyway. 

Ok my only advice would be to try again with the physical version without patch.

Keep us in touch about it :)

Latest patch and I got gold medal overall in 1st attempt today without restarting the event in Brands Hatch. 11:09.156. :)

Do you think restart event will affect the gold medal?

Edited: Got gold medal overall after Misano in free practice without restarting the event. Save option always work while free practice, qualifying or race. :)

Edited by Smashguy
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Smashguy said:

Latest patch and I got gold medal overall in 1st attempt today without restarting the event in Brands Hatch. 11:09.156. :)

Edited: Got gold medal overall after Misano in free practice without restarting the event. Save option always work while free practice, qualifying or race. :)

Great news! I'm happy you could finally get the gold medal overakll!

That's strange because on my side, I also used to do restart event and didn't affect my gold medal overall. Indeed, I couldn't do the 11 laps in a row so I used to save after each lap I consider was fast. So maybe on the PS4 version, the restart event affect the gold medal in a glitchy way. Ok I remember, I read it from the true achievements guide here : https://www.trueachievements.com/a299344/sprint-achievement#oSolutions

*DO NOT restart events with the option on the menu and always finish the events with gold medals on first try in order to not have to deal with bugs because I had a lot and according to some other players that tried this, say that the game registers your first result so if you get silver medal but restart and get a gold medal the game will drop you to overall silver so make sure you don't make this mistake.

I think, back then, he did it on the PS4 version with a previous version.

Good luck with the rest of the events and until Silverstone and then SPA, you will be fine :). Keep us in touch anyway :)

21 hours ago, Smashguy said:

Restart is in general no problem. But it is important that you only restart before the session ends. Lets say you finish your session and got silver, than you have to leave the game, load your backup file and start again. If you restart your session before the sessions ended you‘re fine.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 4/21/2023 at 3:18 PM, Mystic_Snake said:

Oh yes I forgot to mention that. I have the physical version for PS5 only. So what I explained above was tested with the physical version 1.7.6.1 for PS5.

I don't know unfortunately the original version number for the physical version for PS4. I think the physical version for both console might be cheaper now to buy. 

Mine ps5 physical version installs fine but gets black screen after logo. Only if I install latest update it will work just fine. 

So my question is, how did you get yours to work? 

Edited by mattaman_PL