Jump to content

Game Performance question


nrs1nrs1

Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, Helyx said:

You'd almost think it was summer.

I was thinking that too, but my console sits in a really good spot with good airflow and an air conditioner sitting basically right next to it. Not ruling out the summer heat as a catalyst for the heatsink finally giving up, but this is the first time its happened and I've heard others say their console pooped itself playing Resident Evil 3 as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had this problem too, i was really scared because it was the first time the message appeared too, the console reached temperatures of 40°C (104°F) or higher, but it was because the heatsink was clogged with dust and caused that the thermal paste dried faster, so you may want to take it for maintenance, or learn how to do it yourself it's very easy with proper guidance, and since then not even God of War makes the cooling fan go wild anymore.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It has more to do with your system probably. Clean it. Take it apart maybe. Your own discretion. 

 

However ive seen comments that peoples ps4 pro fans get loud etc,  ive never had mine get loud. I've only ever had a game crash

CE34878-0.

 

Resident Evil 3 ran fine for me the entire time as did LoU2, MGS V (on pro).

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jachroth05 said:

I had this problem too, i was really scared because it was the first time the message appeared too, the console reached temperatures of 40°C (104°F) or higher, but it was because the heatsink was clogged with dust and caused that the thermal paste dried faster, so you may want to take it for maintenance, or learn how to do it yourself it's very easy with proper guidance, and since then not even God of War makes the cooling fan go wild anymore.

hehe it was this, I cleaned the heatsink and both the fan noise and temperature went down. Everything's running well now! Guess RE3 got my ass to finally clean the heatsink lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, nrs1nrs1 said:

hehe it was this, I cleaned the heatsink and both the fan noise and temperature went down. Everything's running well now! Guess RE3 got my ass to finally clean the heatsink lol

 

Was it easy? Did you also apply a new thermal paste?

 

I can build my own desktop PC, but I've never been brave enough to dismantle a PlayStation system. Hehehe... :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, zizimonster said:

 

Was it easy? Did you also apply a new thermal paste?

 

I can build my own desktop PC, but I've never been brave enough to dismantle a PlayStation system. Hehehe... :)

It was much easier than I thought it was going to be! I'm always nervous when removing the power supply since its on a super large two-pronged plug, but beyond that its just making sure everything is disconnected, you've put all the screws in a safe container for reassembly, and being delicate with delicate parts! I did go ahead and reapply thermal paste since I think I might've overdone it on a previous disassembly, which was just wiping the processor and backside clean with some tissue until both were completely clean then applying a small amount to the center. The heatsink is so far inside the box that I don't blame anyone who feels uncomfortable essentially dismantling their entire console. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...