"Editions Only" and "Bedrock Only" Trophies?

DecSim01

I've noticed that some trophies say either "Editions Only" or "Bedrock Only", what does this mean exactly?

I'm assuming it means the version of the game. Does that mean some trophies are not obtainable anymore or?

Thanks in advance for the help!

39 minutes ago, WawaPlayer49 said:

Every Trophie is still obtainable. You can switch in the main menu between the "old" Minecraft version (which was legendary) and the bedrock edition

Not everyone can do that, because a bug with the 1.96 patch has glitched the game and removed the Editions button, thus rendering the MP trophies unobtainable. You can get all the trophies (including the Platinum) in the Bedrock Edition, except for the Multiplayer ones.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Not everyone can do that, because a bug with the 1.96 patch has glitched the game and removed the Editions button, thus rendering the MP trophies unobtainable. You can get all the trophies (including the Platinum) in the Bedrock Edition, except for the Multiplayer ones.

So if I purchased the game right now, I wouldn't be able to access the older "editions" version of the game?

46 minutes ago, DecSim01 said:

So if I purchased the game right now, I wouldn't be able to access the older "editions" version of the game?

Correct, though there is a workaround but it's a fiddly pain in the ass to get working. I'll edit in the link once I've found it. Edit: Here it is: 

9 minutes ago, TheLoneliestPanda said:

I’m able to switch between editions and I have the most up to date game. So. I don’t see why not. 

When did you buy the game though? I ask because this bug only seems to affect people who bought the game after the Bedrock update landed a few months ago but everyone who bought it before the update, can access the MP without issue.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

6 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Correct, though there is a workaround but it's a fiddly pain in the ass to get working. I'll edit in the link once I've found it. Edit: Here it is: 

When did you buy the game though? I ask because this bug only seems to affect people who bought the game after the Bedrock update landed a few months ago but everyone who bought it before the update, can access the MP without issue.

I bought the game about 2 years ago. But I reinstalled it a few days ago because this game ist constantly crashing -.-

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ElevExplorer64 said:

I just picked up a used PS4 Edition physical copy, and I was able to access the MP just fine (I got it done already just in case something happens).

Just to clarify, you bought the old physical version of the game? The one that specifically says "Minecraft: Playstation 4 Edition" and not just "Minecraft"?

Also, did you get those editions only trophies offline or were you just able to switch the versions from the main menu straight away?

5 hours ago, DecSim01 said:

Just to clarify, you bought the old physical version of the game? The one that specifically says "Minecraft: Playstation 4 Edition" and not just "Minecraft"?

Also, did you get those editions only trophies offline or were you just able to switch the versions from the main menu straight away?

Yes, it was the old "PlayStation 4 Edition" disc. The new version will not work, and neither will the digital version. Speaking of which, if you haven't bought the Bedrock version yet, don't. Doing so has been known to cause major issues for anyone trying to switch between versions.

Just to be safe, when I put the disc in my console, I started up the game before the patch finished downloading and created a world (and while I was at it, got a few very easy trophies). Once I updated the game, I was able to switch between versions at any time.

Unfortunately, the "Editions Only" trophies are also "Online Only" trophies, so they have to be done on the latest version (otherwise the game cannot connect to PSN). It is possible to get them by yourself if you have at least 2 controllers, but they still have to be done in a public game.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, The_Retro_Maniac said:

Well my friend just told me The EDITIONS has been removed from the menu so Legacy versions are no longer available so if you do not have the mini game trophies then i guess your shit out of luck.

It's not intentional though and is a bug caused by an earlier patch, because you can get it back by using the trick I linked to in post 7 of this thread.

38 minutes ago, The_Retro_Maniac said:

So with the latest update im guessing this still has not been fixed? There has been 3 bug fixes for patches since the Nether update.

Correct. The latest patch is purely a stability update, no trophy fixes at all :(. In fact the last 3 patches have been for either stability or just general misc bug fixes.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.