Did Joel Really...? (Spoilers)

On 7.7.2020 at 10:08 AM, hazeblunt said:

Says the guy with the Abby Profile Picture. Speaking of cold calculating machine. If it wasn't for Lev Abby would have killed a pregnant women and she looked like she enjoyed it. 

Oh please, as if Ellie is any better than Abby.

By the end of Ellie’s section of the game, Ellie has killed all of Abby’s friends (including Abby’s ex Owen and the pregnant Mel), dozens of WLF members (many of them seemed like normal people) and Abby’s dog Alice. At this point, Abby has killed nobody on Ellie’s side but Joel and she did that because Joel killed her father.

When Abby gets the upper hand, she lets Ellie go (again, a second time).

What does Ellie do, once Abby resurfaces, despite having a nice life with Dina and a new baby? She tries to get revenge (again, a second time).

I understand both sides (Abby and Ellie) and I think both storylines feel very realistic and relatable, but I personally like Abby more at the end of the game.

• Like 2

On 7/6/2020 at 7:46 PM, djb5f said:

Is it possible that Abby has man parts?  I honestly thought that might be part of the reveal during that scene.  Or that she was going through a gender change? And it would fit this “woke” era.  If nothing else, not sure where she gets her testosterone supplements during the pandemic!

Joel and Ellie developed a nice bond over a short amount of time but they were not father/daughter.  As a parent, nothing approaches that level even if you are tasked with overlooking the care of someone in need.

It is a video game with a lot of other leaps so I don’t think that the distribution of a potential vaccine is of much importance.  At any rate, it was finally a hope, which was better than anything else they had.  

Chances were pretty high that Ellie was going to die from the infected/hunters/whoever pretty soon anyway so might as well make her life mean something.  I would prefer that option myself instead of living in that bleak world!  Joel made a self-interested decision.  It does not make him a bad person, just human, and I understand Abby’s point of view from losing her father who not violent and was just trying to help.

Wonderful story and game.  I thought the Lev/Yara storyline did not fit well, but outside of that, it was quite a thrill.

No Abby is definitely female, we also see their gang have a well stocked Gymnasium [ which I don't understand as to where the resources came for that one ], I think its more steroids that she is taking than anything and that hospital have those but the writing doesn't make that clear.  

I don't think Joel deserved to have his head smashed in, Abby despite her anger should of given him the common courtesy of telling him whom she was before doing so.  Ellie can certainly hold her own with regards to fending off enemies, certainly in this game anyway although she is pretty banged up near the end with her fight with Abby, but she heals up albeit with missing fingers [ and she can get fake ones made for her, she will be able to play the guitar again - all is not lost ].  

I didn't like the infected that liked to jump out of the walls, gross.  Who wants to spend the rest of their lives [ yes they are still living and breathing ]doing that, there were even naked clickers in this one.  Poor sod got infected when they were in the bath or shower, talk about upping the tension with the Rat King as well that took me a long time to defeat it.  As I said, I so miss nail bombs, as they are very good on Bloaters.  

Whilst the first game, Ellie had survivors guilt, I think in this one her guilt fuels her anger at Abby, guilt at not having forgiven Joel or being able to before he died in front of her.   Before Joel, Ellie never had a positive male role model in her life and after her "disownment" of him, she refused his "fatherlike protection" of her.  Although even before that happened, there seemed to be tension between them, mainly over the fact that she had to pretend to not be immune and wear a mask.  I think they were trying to convey the whole teenager vs parent thing, certainly todays anyway.  

I think the ending to this game is just sad and has a lonely edge to it, but maybe that's the point. 

No Abby is definitely female, we also see their gang have a well stocked Gymnasium [ which I don't understand as to where the resources came for that one ], I think its more steroids that she is taking than anything and that hospital have those but the writing doesn't make that clear.  

The gym is within a football stadium. One would think that the NFL has rather decent facilities for their players. Also, several of the hotels/spas you go into also have well stocked gyms even despite being dirty and/or overrun with infected. There were some home gyms and even a little archery range. 

Not sure if it is advisable to take steroids 20-25 years after the expiry dates. Good luck with that though

43 minutes ago, emailking said:

Clickers have been infected for years so I think if anything it's more likely than not their clothes would have become worn out or ripped off. They have to poop after all.

You know what else no one has picked up on? The Last of Us is a prequel to....

Spoiler

The Jetsons.

• Like 1