Paper Mario and the Origami King discussion

Rune_Crys

I've played Origami King for a few hours and liking it so far. Great presentation, brilliant writing, nice music, fun characters and the use of HD rumble make the game engrossing. Had trouble putting the game down. Finding all the hidden toads is surprisingly amusing and the dialogue is highly entertaining. The battle system is an improvement over Color Splash and it's been a bit challenging at times. Had a couple of game overs already. I'd prefer the battles without the time limit but luckily you can at least buy more time for making your moves.

15 hours ago, Willreaper41 said:

Yes, the music is really awesome. ^_^

Already at the final streamer and man, the bosses are no joke. Miyamoto thinks that Mario is for kids and yet his Mario games are ruthlessly unforgiving. Anyone who has tried to 100% Super Mario Sunshine can attest to that. The bosses require a huge amount of strategy to find their weak spots. I had to reset on two bosses because I couldn't figure out how to beat them fast enough and guides aren't coming yet so it was hit or miss.

Still, I like it enough that I am going to repurchase it on my older Switch and play it in docked moed because I bought the game on my Switch Lite (which doesn't have docked mode) and motion controls on a portable handheld mode really stink like hot garlic. ? Hey, I know that Sticker Star is so bad it deserves to be buried in a landfill like ET the game, but I might play that too just to see if I can survive it and get 100%. At least my conditions for playing it will only be bad in I'll play it after all my teeth are pulled and replaced with false teeth so I'll be in pain for two weeks. Anything to get my mind off the pain. xD

Edited by Rune_Crys

On 7/18/2020 at 8:58 AM, Eyjabria said:

I've played Origami King for a few hours and liking it so far. Great presentation, brilliant writing, nice music, fun characters and the use of HD rumble make the game engrossing. Had trouble putting the game down. Finding all the hidden toads is surprisingly amusing and the dialogue is highly entertaining. The battle system is an improvement over Color Splash and it's been a bit challenging at times. Had a couple of game overs already. I'd prefer the battles without the time limit but luckily you can at least buy more time for making your moves.

Is there any way to freeze the clock?

4 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

Is there any way to freeze the clock?

You can't stop the clock but you can buy more time for coins. There are also accessories that give you extra starting time.

On other news, I re-bought the game for my regular Switch so I could play this game in docked mode, making the motion controls much easier to handle and the bosses I fought so far were a lot easier to defeat when I could use the joy cons freely. And I am going to get 100% in each area before advancing if it is possible. I already got 100% in all of the Blue Streamer areas. (The Red Streamer areas include Toad Town and I can't 100% that until I beat the game and get a 'post-game.' Yes, this game has a post-game.