* Mighty Ape/Gorilla Gaming

* JB Hifi

* eBay

* Amazon

* Cash Converters/CEX

* Internet Forums

* Gumtree

* International shops (ozgameshop)

I'm not interested in Far Cry. I focus on JRPGs or other obscure games first. Since we're in AUS, I have to do a lot of importing. I only got in to PS4 collecting again 2 months ago.

Right now, I'm finishing up my 3DS collection and have also recently given up on PS Vita games as they're way too overpriced now. 

Even though us Australian collectors prefer our local copies with OFLC ratings on them, I've realised that if you want to resell later on, you're not that worse off with a EU (PEGI) physical copy. Then you'd at least have European collectors who'd also be interested.

Covid19 has made video game prices lately go up crazy in general! 

Yeah it seems we don't get as many of the obscure games that Europe gets (I guess there's not as big of a market for it) but where I live there is no market for obscure games at all so I have to source everything online.

I nearly started Vita collecting last year when I went to Japan and saw all the amazing games but just couldn't justify the cost. I just sold my 3DS because all I did was use it for Pokemon and Yokai Watch. 

I have found that buying games from the UK inc. shipping honestly is like $10-$20 cheaper than buying from an aussie seller in most cases so its worth the wait imo 

39 minutes ago, thekingsman123 said:

I'm turning 31 this month. My collection is what happens when you have a wife who lets you buy whatever and also doesn't want children.

I've finally put some games in storage. My collection reorganised:

IWdH1JE.jpg

PhSvSnb.jpg

How many you on total both ps3 and ps4? 

Im on:  just past 230 on ps4 physically,

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Madara Uchiha said:

Yeah it seems we don't get as many of the obscure games that Europe gets (I guess there's not as big of a market for it) but where I live there is no market for obscure games at all so I have to source everything online.

I nearly started Vita collecting last year when I went to Japan and saw all the amazing games but just couldn't justify the cost. I just sold my 3DS because all I did was use it for Pokemon and Yokai Watch. 

I have found that buying games from the UK inc. shipping honestly is like $10-$20 cheaper than buying from an aussie seller in most cases so its worth the wait imo 

I'm in Sydney and it's harder to get RPGs here because the target market for those games all live in this state. If you lived anywhere else in Australia, I always thought it'd be easier. A few years ago, I'd go and visit my parents in QLD and I'd have a field day at my local EBs and JB Hifis as all the rare games I wanted were available and discounted because no one wants them there.

Vita collecting has always been shit. EB Games and JB Hifi would only ever have one copy of each damn game and that was it. I practically paid $60 for every local game at release and then hit up Ozgameshop for cheaper imports and games never released in Australia. I remember when I bought Persona 4 Golden instore and the EB Games staff member was like 'Nice! We'll never see that game again'. 

I adore my 3DS and I'm very happy I got a hold of most of the games I wanted for it. I missed out on DS collecting as even 7-8 years ago, it was too overpriced to get the Europe-only RPGs. Also, PSP collecting was much cheaper overall.

Buying games from UK has always been cheaper. Although it's gotten worse for us Australians now due to import tax.  

The best console I ever collected for was the PS2. I started in 2009 and most games (except Kuon, Rule of Rose, Space Channel 5 Part 2 and some JRPGs) were all cheap as hell to get. At that time, cash converters and EB Games would just discount everything like crazy and so most titles were around $10-$20. UK sellers on eBay at the time would also sell games in packs which made my life easy. 

I know game collecting (for playstation) has dramatically increased since then. 

20 minutes ago, DividedByMankind said:

PS3: Around 330 games

PS4: Around 330 games as well

Edited by thekingsman123

12 minutes ago, thekingsman123 said:

I'm in Sydney and it's harder to get RPGs here because the target market for those games all live in this state. If you lived anywhere else in Australia, I always thought it'd be easier. A few years ago, I'd go and visit my parents in QLD and I'd have a field day at my local EBs and JB Hifis as all the rare games I wanted were available and discounted because no one wants them there.

Vita collecting has always been shit. EB Games and JB Hifi would only ever have one copy of each damn game and that was it. I practically paid $60 for every local game at release and then hit up Ozgameshop for cheaper imports and games never released in Australia. I remember when I bought Persona 4 Golden instore and the EB Games staff member was like 'Nice! We'll never see that game again'. 

I adore my 3DS and I'm very happy I got a hold of most of the games I wanted for it. I missed out on DS collecting as even 7-8 years ago, it was too overpriced to get the Europe-only RPGs. Also, PSP collecting was much cheaper overall.

Buying games from UK has always been cheaper. Although it's gotten worse for us Australians now due to import tax.  

The best console I ever collected for was the PS2. I started in 2009 and most games (except Kuon, Rule of Rose, Space Channel 5 Part 2 and some JRPGs) were all cheap as hell to get. At that time, cash converters and EB Games would just discount everything like crazy and so most titles were around $10-$20. UK sellers on eBay at the time would also sell games in packs which made my life easy. 

I'm from Far North QLD so when you ask for a JRPG you either get a no or a no with a weird look ahaha

But I'm pretty sure southern QLD has everything because it seems most of my purchases come from Rockhampton/Brisbane so I'm just living in the wrong part of QLD but here we also have no Vita games whatsoever, some people don't even know it exists as well, but games are just getting way overpriced here it's insane.

I still have my PS2 from when I was a kid but I have a second one modded to play games off a hard drive because again collecting PS2 games is much harder here. 

2 hours ago, thekingsman123 said:

I buy from everywhere: 

* EB Games (during sales)

* Mighty Ape/Gorilla Gaming

* JB Hifi

* eBay

* Amazon

* Cash Converters/CEX

* Internet Forums

* Gumtree

* International shops (ozgameshop)

I'm not interested in Far Cry. I focus on JRPGs or other obscure games first. Since we're in AUS, I have to do a lot of importing. I only got in to PS4 collecting again 2 months ago. I also have no interest in CE/LEs anymore. They're poor value, take up too much space and I'm happy enough with just a copy of the game itself. I've got a warddrobe full of old PS3/Xbox 360 CEs that I don't know what to do with...

Right now, I'm finishing up my 3DS collection and have also recently given up on PS Vita games as they're way too overpriced now. 

Even though us Australian collectors prefer our local copies with OFLC ratings on them, I've realised that if you want to resell later on, you're not that worse off with a EU (PEGI) physical copy. Then you'd at least have European collectors who'd also be interested.

Covid19 has made video game prices lately go up crazy in general! 

Honestly, great collection and a great selection of games! You have all my favorites except maybe The Nonary Games, I dont know if I missed it or not. Highly recommend the series, especially the first two games, with 999 being my favorite

2 hours ago, DividedByMankind said:

1 minute ago, NOWITSREYNTIME17 said:

honestly, I kept looking at your collection, and you literally have like all the titles I own, even the more obscure ones like WILL, Zanki Zero, Slain Back from Hell, its crazy!

2 hours ago, thekingsman123 said:

honestly, I kept looking at your collection, and you literally have like all the titles I own, even the more obscure ones like WILL, Zanki Zero, Slain Back from Hell, its crazy!

Edited by NOWITSREYNTIME17

Playstation 4- Currently up to 260 titles
Digital-730( This includes, PS3, Vita, PS4 and PSN+ titles put together, not sure how many without PSN+, but would still be pretty high up there not sure how this happened since I prefer Physical over digital mostly)
Playstation 3- 230 titles. 
Probably going to run out of space in my room at some point.
PS3 I'll probably quit buying for once I reach around the 300 mark, not sure about the Playstation 4 yet.
 I know this for PS4
But I also have like 85 titles on the Nintendo Switch and bought that last year, and 55 digital titles as well, 3DS is around 80, Gamecube 95, Nintendo DS 45, Sega Genesis 70

20 minutes ago, Nightstream88 said:

Playstation 4- Currently up to 260 titles
Digital-730( This includes, PS3, Vita, PS4 and PSN+ titles put together, not sure how many without PSN+, but would still be pretty high up there not sure how this happened since I prefer Physical over digital mostly)
Playstation 3- 230 titles. 
Probably going to run out of space in my room at some point.
PS3 I'll probably quit buying for once I reach around the 300 mark, not sure about the Playstation 4 yet.
 I know this for PS4
But I also have like 85 titles on the Nintendo Switch and bought that last year, and 55 digital titles as well, 3DS is around 80, Gamecube 95, Nintendo DS 45, Sega Genesis 70

very nice, also nice pfp!

3 hours ago, Madara Uchiha said:

I'm from Far North QLD so when you ask for a JRPG you either get a no or a no with a weird look ahaha

But I'm pretty sure southern QLD has everything because it seems most of my purchases come from Rockhampton/Brisbane so I'm just living in the wrong part of QLD but here we also have no Vita games whatsoever, some people don't even know it exists as well, but games are just getting way overpriced here it's insane.

I still have my PS2 from when I was a kid but I have a second one modded to play games off a hard drive because again collecting PS2 games is much harder here. 

I'm from Brisbane originally but I've only travelled as far up as Mackay for work. 

Vita games were never, ever popular. And they're practically non-existent in stores nowadays. EB Games still sells a few games per stores but they usually don't have original covers.

PS2 collecting is no longer worth it in Australia as well. That ship has long sailed.

The most satisfying thing about collecting is watching the value of your games go up over time though. You're already buying the right games so you just hold on to them and let time do its thing. I don't sell my games. I intend to keep them forever.

Here's a pricelist ($AUD) of some PAL PS2 games I bought 9-10 years ago and what they're worth now....

Blood Will Tell ($20) - ($200)

SMT Devil Summoner ($30) - ($150-$200)

Drakengard 2 ($15) - ($150)

Gigawing Generations ($17) - ($140)

God Hand ($15) - ($130)

Gregory Horror Show ($25) - ($150-$200)

Haunting Ground ($20) - ($130)

Kuon ($60) - ($500+?)

Michigan: Report from Hell ($30) - ($400)

Ocean Commander ($40) - ($900)

Persona 3 FES ($40) - ($350-400)

Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 ($40) - ($250)

Raw Danger! ($55) - ($250-$300)

Rule of Rose ($70) - ($450-$500)

Space War Attack ($30) - ($250)

Wild Arms 4 ($35) - ($140)

Homura ($35) - ($200)

Dragon Blaze ($10) - ($500)

Sol Divide ($10) - ($200)

Sengoku Anthology ($30) - (Cant even find it on eBay. I could probably list it up for $500)

Raiden III ($35) - ($300)

King of Fighters 98: Ultimate Match  - ($30) - ($200)

Yakuza 2 ($20) - ($150)

2 hours ago, NOWITSREYNTIME17 said:

Honestly, great collection and a great selection of games! You have all my favorites except maybe The Nonary Games, I dont know if I missed it or not. Highly recommend the series, especially the first two games, with 999 being my favorite

I asked a shop about that one recently. I missed it to be honest. I would've bought it on vita anyway but I was too late. I have Virtues Last Reward already on Ps Vita and I just ordered Zero Time Dilemma on PS4.

(Yeah, I have obscure taste and do play some of these games when I have time.)

Edited by thekingsman123

1 hour ago, thekingsman123 said:

I'm from Brisbane originally but I've only travelled as far up as Mackay for work. 

Vita games were never, ever popular. And they're practically non-existent in stores nowadays. EB Games still sells a few games per stores but they usually don't have original covers.

PS2 collecting is no longer worth it in Australia as well. That ship has long sailed.

The most satisfying thing about collecting is watching the value of your games go up over time though. You're already buying the right games so you just hold on to them and let time do its thing. I don't sell my games. I intend to keep them forever.

Here's a pricelist ($AUD) of some PAL PS2 games I bought 9-10 years ago and what they're worth now....

God Hand ($15) - ($130)

Kuon ($60) - ($500+?)

Homura ($35) - ($200)

Sengoku Anthology ($30) - (Cant even find it on eBay. I could probably list it up for $500)

Yakuza 2 ($20) - ($150)

I asked a shop about that one recently. I missed it to be honest. I would've bought it on vita anyway but I was too late. I have Virtues Last Reward already on Ps Vita and I just ordered Zero Time Dilemma on PS4.

I have a few Japanese PS2 games that are cool but hold no real value except maybe the Inital d games but I have a few games Japanese Need for Speed games like Underground and Underground which had exclusive vinyls which is cool but that's it. I really only play PS2 now for the old NASCAR games and Metropolismania.

I also don't plan on selling my collection either

11 hours ago, thekingsman123 said:

God Hand ($15) - ($130)

Kuon ($60) - ($500+?)

Homura ($35) - ($200)

Yakuza 2 ($20) - ($150)

no nothing wrong with that, the Zero Escape series is great. Do make sure though, when you start thr series, to play 999 first. Otherwise, you'll be doing yourself a disservice

I wouldn't say that I "collect" PlayStation games. But, I would rather buy a physical copy than the digital version. The only time I buy a game digitally is when I can not find a physical copy. You just have so many more options when you have a physical copy. You can sell it, give it away, lend it to a friend, or just leave it on a shelf and let it collect dust.

6 hours ago, NOWITSREYNTIME17 said:

no nothing wrong with that, the Zero Escape series is great. Do make sure though, when you start thr series, to play 999 first. Otherwise, you'll be doing yourself a disservice

I've played them all mate. I played 999 on release back in 2009, VLR in 2012 and then ZTD in 2016. I'm a visual novel connoisseur.

Although best VN I ever played was Muv Luv Alternative. Nothing has ever compared to that game. It was a partial inspiration for Attack on Titan.

1 hour ago, thekingsman123 said:

I've played them all mate. I played 999 on release back in 2009, VLR in 2012 and then ZTD in 2016. I'm a visual novel connoisseur.

Although best VN I ever played was Muv Luv Alternative. Nothing has ever compared to that game. It was a partial inspiration for Attack on Titan.

Okay well, I see you like Steins;Gate. Play Chaos;Child. It's so good and even better than steins;gate

47 minutes ago, NOWITSREYNTIME17 said:

Okay well, I see you like Steins;Gate. Play Chaos;Child. It's so good and even better than steins;gate

(Your username gives me flashbacks... I still listen to Xenoblade's OST)

I have Chaos;Child on Vita but I'm just trying to finish up Trails of Cold Steel 2 first though. I'm gonna play Pathfinder: Kingmaker afterwards because I love my isometric CPRGs. 

Last visual novel I played was Yu-No. It was good except for the incest.

Edited by thekingsman123

On 7/22/2020 at 10:35 PM, NOWITSREYNTIME17 said:

I want to know how many people collect physical PS4 games because I love it a bunch. I'm at 70+ games and still see so many more that I would want. Tell me how many you have if you do collect, a bonus if you also collect vita games

0 Physical 400+ digital

On 22/07/2020 at 6:35 PM, NOWITSREYNTIME17 said:

I want to know how many people collect physical PS4 games because I love it a bunch. I'm at 70+ games and still see so many more that I would want. Tell me how many you have if you do collect, a bonus if you also collect vita games

i do. Currently 130ish on shelf, as well as 15 preordered, 20-30 planned to pick up that are already out, and honestly as long as physical games are still possible,  I'm going to keep buying them ? 

• Like 1