Avowed... Xbox Exclusive?!

ImMagnetz

4 minutes ago, NekoRave said:

Of course I have bills to pay, but if I really wanted Xbox games it's cheap to buy offhand as you stated you do. 

If you don't want to get an then I respect that choice but the consequence is the inability to play its exclusives. 

I own 7,000 games 6,000 are on Playstation, 800 on Xbox, 200 on Nintendo. 

I worked 5 jobs made several thousand dollars to get myself where I can spend about $1000 on psn a month. 

Not everybody can I understand that. 

But if you truly wanted to play those games saving up isn't that hard especially with black Friday sales. 

As you can see I prefer Playstation so I buy mostly on this platform. But hey there's always pirating if you are criminally cheap

It still isn't cheap to buy a current gen console even when it's been out for a while. I'm not going to buy a console for the sake of one game. Hey, however you wanna spend your money is up to you. Well, I wouldn't be pirating. Even if I wanted to, that wouldn't work for PlayStation. And like I said, my PC most likely couldn't run it.

Make a real life friend with someone who owns an Xbox and do a swap for a couple weeks and play the one game you want to play. Exclusives aren’t going away and it’s a practical solution if you determine you must play an exclusive game from another console that you don’t own. 

3 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Make a real life friend with someone who owns an Xbox and do a swap for a couple weeks and play the one game you want to play. Exclusives aren’t going away and it’s a practical solution if you determine you must play an exclusive game from another console that you don’t own. 

My real-life friends are all on PlayStation. It's not that I MUST play it, it's that it would be nice to be able to play it and play it on my preferred console. I know they won't be going away but I wish it was at least the norm that a game would come out on the other console, say, a year later, rather than sometimes just never being available to half the console gaming fan base.

6 hours ago, ImMagnetz said:

Yes, I am. I shouldn't have to miss out on games from my favourite developers just because they're being controlled by these big corporations.

Well you could just get a PC. Every Xbox "exclusive" ends up on PC and it looks like Playstation will be going in that direction as well.

7 minutes ago, ObliviousSenpai said:

Well you could just get a PC. Every Xbox "exclusive" ends up on PC and it looks like Playstation will be going in that direction as well.

I've done some PC gaming and I much prefer PlayStation. Plus decent gaming PCs can be expensive.

38 minutes ago, NekoRave said:

Tbh for a new gaming pc you can make one for $300-400 for a really good PC. 

The question is.... Will it run Crysis? 

Again, I much prefer PlayStation.

33 minutes ago, Muur1993 said:

Xbox are allowed to have exclusives 

Well yes, evidently, as shown by the fact that, y'know, they have them.

The only reason why sony is on the console throne since ps 1 is cuz of dem exclusives. I think its good dat each console got their exclusives games. Without them theres no point in buying specific consoles u like. I dont give a damn bout dem trash xbox games. But if ppl cry bout nonsense stuff just get a used xbox for 100 bugs and problem solved.

6 minutes ago, Sagaan said:

The only reason why sony is on the console throne since ps 1 is cuz of dem exclusives. I think its good dat each console got their exclusives games. Without them theres no point in buying specific consoles u like. I dont give a damn bout dem trash xbox games. But if ppl cry bout nonsense stuff just get a used xbox for 100 bugs and problem solved.

I was looking forward to Obsidian's next RPG so it was a bit of a kick in the teeth when I found out it wouldn't even be available for my preferred console. Also it'll be out on the new Xbox. You won't be able to pick up even a used one for anywhere near 100 "bugs".

7 minutes ago, NekoRave said:

Clearly you didn't get the reference lmfao

Yeah, no, I did not.

23 minutes ago, ImMagnetz said:

I was looking forward to Obsidian's next RPG so it was a bit of a kick in the teeth when I found out it wouldn't even be available for my preferred console. Also it'll be out on the new Xbox. You won't be able to pick up even a used one for anywhere near 100 "bugs".

Yeah, no, I did not.

Well that's what happens when a developer gets purchased. The console manufacturer has them make exclusive titles to entice people to buy their hardware. Not sure how it's a "kick in the teeth" when microsoft owns Obsidian

4 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Well that's what happens when a developer gets purchased. The console manufacturer has them make exclusive titles to entice people to buy their hardware. Not sure how it's a "kick in the teeth" when microsoft owns Obsidian

I think you're misunderstanding what I mean by "kick in the teeth". I mean that it sucks, not that it was surprising.

Just now, ImMagnetz said:

I think you're misunderstanding what I mean by "kick in the teeth". I mean that it sucks, not that it was surprising.

If anything it's good news for Obsidian being owned by Microsoft, they are finally getting the funding to make what they want to. Regardless of what some think, exclusives are good for the industry, it makes them actually try. Otherwise you get a situation like Madden buying the NFL license and becoming complacent as the only officially licensed game in town.

1 minute ago, NekoRave said:

If anything from reading this whole entire thread it's made me want Microsoft to have more exclusives and for Sony to have less then what we currently have. I think a lot of Sony fans have been spoiled and they need to bring back hard exclusives and less time exclusives. 

But after a Halo went to PC that went out the window

Well Halo has been on PC since 2003, but I understand what you mean. The 360 had a lot more variety and JP exclusive support

3 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

If anything it's good news for Obsidian being owned by Microsoft, they are finally getting the funding to make what they want to. Regardless of what some think, exclusives are good for the industry, it makes them actually try. Otherwise you get a situation like Madden buying the NFL license and becoming complacent as the only officially licensed game in town.

You're not wrong. It's great for Obsidian seeing as they were in danger of having to close down until they were bought out by Microsoft. I also agree that competition is good because you don't want one company to control the entire market and become complacent. It just sucks as a huge fan of Obsidian's previous RPGs that I won't be able to play this one.

If anything from reading this whole entire thread it's made me want Microsoft to have more exclusives and for Sony to have less then what we currently have. I think a lot of Sony fans have been spoiled and they need to bring back hard exclusives and less time exclusives. 

But after a Halo went to PC that went out the window

PlayStation users have definitely been more fortunate when it comes to exclusives but, like I've said, that upsets me too because I feel bad for the Xbox players who can't play some of the great games we've been able to enjoy. I think timed exclusives is the way to go.

• Like 1

You're not wrong. It's great for Obsidian seeing as they were in danger of having to close down until they were bought out by Microsoft. I also agree that competition is good because you don't want one company to control the entire market and become complacent. It just sucks as a huge fan of Obsidian's previous RPGs that I won't be able to play this one.

PlayStation users have definitely been more fortunate when it comes to exclusives but, like I've said, that upsets me too because I feel bad for the Xbox players who can't play some of the great games we've been able to enjoy. I think timed exclusives is the way to go.

Always the option of streaming it on your pc, think I heard microsoft was working on something like that for windows 10

Just now, SnowxSakura said:

Always the option of streaming it on your pc, think I heard microsoft was working on something like that for windows 10

As I've said, I much prefer PlayStation. It might be the only option at some point down the line though. That's if Avowed even turns out to be decent. It could turn out to be shit for all I know and all my current upset would be for nothing.

As I've said, I much prefer PlayStation. It might be the only option at some point down the line though. That's if Avowed even turns out to be decent. It could turn out to be shit for all I know and all my current upset would be for nothing.

What does streaming have to do with preferring playstation? you can stream playstation ON a PC, you don't even need a good pc when you stream games, just a decent internet connection

Just now, SnowxSakura said:

What does streaming have to do with preferring playstation? you can stream playstation ON a PC, you don't even need a good pc when you stream games, just a decent internet connection

Because I assume you'd have to play on PC with keyboard and mouse, whereas I much prefer PlayStation with controller. Although I suppose you could use one of those programs that allows you to use your controller on PC. Something I haven't even mentioned yet though is that I'm sure we're all trophy hunters here. Wouldn't be able to get any trophies for the game if you streamed it on PC.

Someone's probably already said it but just buy an XBox if you want to play it that badly. Sticking to only one company/brand in the entertainment industry is dumb. You probably don't just only watch movies from the same studio and shows from the same channel.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MandA60VISE said:

Someone's probably already said it but just buy an XBox if you want to play it that badly. Sticking to only one company/brand in the entertainment industry is dumb. You probably don't just only watch movies from the same studio and shows from the same channel.

Yes, someone has already said it, and if you'd read the replies, I wouldn't be typing this right now. ? To me it seems pretty dumb to spend a bunch of money buying TWO consoles and only using one of them for the odd exclusive here and there. That isn't worth the money you have to spend on a gaming console. So many of you are like "just buy both consoles". I'd like to find out what kind of money tree y'all have found.

The problem is with time exclusives the exclusivity goes away entirely which in turn hurts everybody. It's like wishing Paper Mario comes to PlayStation I love that you and I know it's never going to happen because it's exclusive. If everything was a timed exclusive then you would be playing Metroid on Playstation as much as a lot of people would enjoy that it takes a lot from Nintendo and can even result in bankruptcy

I disagree that it would hurt everybody entirely. In fact, I think everybody would benefit from it. As I've said in a previous comment, in this Avowed example, Xbox would get all the sales that come with the hype of the initial launch of the game but PlayStation users would still be able to pick it up further down the line once a lot of the hype has died down.