Treasure Hunter time required?

SirWaWa

54 minutes ago, SirWaWa said:

I'm going to have to do a second playthough which is fine but how much time is required just to do this trophy aside from the story and sidequests? Any recommended guides that are proven to work with no mistakes?

I don't remember too much about weapons and accesories in this game. But just be careful and explore each corner until chapter 11, some of theses treasures are missable... then on free roam you can get and buy everything, some grinding with Adamantaimai, and I just dont remember if they drop Platinum Lingots or something like that that you can sell on the shop, buy the remaining items and craft each weapon and accesorie to level 2, then just upgrade one of your weapon of each character to level 3 and that's it, to level up to lvl 3 you must grind with Adamantaimais if Im not wrong. 

DONT SELL ANYTHING UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING. Follow a list and copy in your notebook, that's what I did. So in case I leveled up an accesorie "I have held the first mode of that accesorie" you do not have to hold every one, just "have held".  So maybe you can get confused if you level up something and you dont remember how its first form was. That's why keep track in your notbook or in word everything.

There are guides mostly in English, at least for me it was hard to keep track of each accesorie because I speak Spanish, and mostly in the traductions there are slightly errors that can mess up everything. I just did it by myself but I tried to compare the english names with the spanish names, if it seems similar I give it a ✔.

Know Im working on Kingdom H BBS and I set my system language to english and the commands and items in my game changed to english, thats really helpful because on the internet there are more english guides and they are the best ones, so its 100% secure to follow.

Maybe this can help some people that have on their system language a different language, if your workimg on these kind of games with a lot of stuff.

My first playthrough I did not upgrade any weapons and beat it with the default weapons. I struggled on nearly every boss but this time around with upgraded weapons how much easier will it be? Also I do understand the battle system better unlike the first time.

On 8/4/2020 at 10:36 PM, SirWaWa said:

My first playthrough I did not upgrade any weapons and beat it with the default weapons.

That's bonkers, man.

The rough XP needed for each weapon is:

• Basic weapon ~50,000 XP
  • Intermediate weapon ~450,000 XP
  • Advanced weapon ~1,500,000 XP

Upgrade your stuff with 36x Sturdy Bones, Barbed Tails or Vibrant Ooze to get the maximum multiplier, then slap that bitch with an Ultracompact Reactor.

i7GRnP0.jpg

Edited by Helyx
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Helyx said:

That's bonkers, man.

I know right?!

This was several years ago but someone said it was totally do-able and it shouldn't be difficult.

Well it was do-able but it was very difficult. So I'm thinking it should be hella easy this time around.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

The treasure hunter will take time. I remember doing platinum twice for this game, since i liked it very much. First time, i didn't know which enemy drops what and how to farm money to buy materials for upgrades. So i spend a lot of time fighting all enemies and understanding, which one gives what item. So in my first playthrough that included platinum, i played 204 hours. (Yes, that's a lot)

But in my second playthrough, i knew how to defeat all enemies, level up spots and item drops info etc, so i unlocked platinum in 150 hours. 

Remember that an item called "Platinum Ingot" is very useful, if you are looking to make fast money, but it is a very very rare drop and takes a lot of time killing the monsters that drop them. So, if you get lucky and get this item constantly, then i bet that you can unlock treasure hunter trophy very quickly. So, good luck. 

Finally did it! 128 hours to plat and I carefully collected and upgraded only what was needed. I actually missed an upgrade and took me over an hour to comb through all my items to figure out which one. Spent probably 15 hours just grinding platinum ingots and traps.

• Like 1

On 8/5/2020 at 3:36 AM, SirWaWa said:

My first playthrough I did not upgrade any weapons and beat it with the default weapons. I struggled on nearly every boss but this time around with upgraded weapons how much easier will it be? Also I do understand the battle system better unlike the first time.

I don't remember there being any difficult combat in this game at all. All fights could be won by just pressing autobattle I thought lol I have the platinum and I thought it was the easiest FF ever. Did you purposely not upgrade weapons to make it more challenging?

8 minutes ago, den-69 said:

I don't remember there being any difficult combat in this game at all. All fights could be won by just pressing autobattle I thought lol I have the platinum and I thought it was the easiest FF ever. Did you purposely not upgrade weapons to make it more challenging?

The first playthrough that I did like 10 years ago, after I learnt how the upgrade system works and how gil was farmed I was completely turned off from upgrading weapons.

It was very challenging as I did not spend time to grind CP or upgrade weapons, I barely made it through each chapter the first go around. There are quite a few challenging boss fights so I would disagree autobattle will not win you the game. If you want the plat, autobattle for sure will not get you it.

The second go around, I grinded CP and upgraded weapons. It was definitely easier this time around but still just as I difficult as I remember but without the whiskers hair of victory.

I did 63 out of 64 missions pre-chapter 12 and crystarium level 9 and second tier weapons only. I did it against the recommendation of post game because there was alot of intermediate catalyst farming I wanted to do before then. 64 is do-able too but I couldn't do it, so I did it post game.