Less Trophy's on Playstation than there are achievements on Xbox

FFDannyB

2 minutes ago, iGGTheEnd said:

I am sure there are other games as well.

Yup. Lots of games have completely different lists. For a few years, I purchased games on both 360 and PS3 and some XBox games are worth 200 pts, whereas the PS3 version has a platinum, and vice versa.

dont hold me to this being a 100% true but if im thinking correctly the reason is for both playstation and xbox each game is assigned x amount of points. well with playstation they only have 4 types of trophies. each being work a predetermined number so they have to decide how many of each while stayin in the point range. with xbox there is just gamerscore. so say 1000 per game right. they aren't limited to set amount of points they can give out for any specific achievement unlike playstation with the trophies. so they can have 5g achievements 100g achievements even seen a 0g once. with this added freedom of allocating the points in the amounts they see fit they can basically go crazy with the values to their hearts content.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, funboy1246 said:

dont hold me to this being a 100% true but if im thinking correctly the reason is for both playstation and xbox each game is assigned x amount of points. well with playstation they only have 4 types of trophies. each being work a predetermined number so they have to decide how many of each while stayin in the point range. with xbox there is just gamerscore. so say 1000 per game right. they aren't limited to set amount of points they can give out for any specific achievement unlike playstation with the trophies. so they can have 5g achievements 100g achievements even seen a 0g once. with this added freedom of allocating the points in the amounts they see fit they can basically go crazy with the values to their hearts content.

But on playstation there is no strict number of points trophies need to hit. I've seen many games with different trophy score. 

3 hours ago, IO2MGTP said:

Playstation also doesn't allow seasonal trophies, like Overwatch has seasonal achievements on xbox but not playstation.

I feel like that's a good thing.

2 hours ago, Deceptrox said:

Hopefully we'll get an updated version with a platinum trophy.

Has this ever happened, with any game? I know a few over the years were errata'd, but none that I'm aware had a platinum added to the original trophy list after launch.