Looks Gorgeous

TheBlaskar

From the brief research I've done, I've learned this collection will have two (originally) mobile games in Alto's Adventure and Alto's Odyssey ported over to our beloved PS4. It looks somewhat reminiscent of Journey at least in the meditative aesthetic and art style; the Wikipedia page references Journey as well as Jetpack Joyride, Tiny Wings and even Tony Hawk Pro Skater as inspiration.

So, if you like Jetpack Joyride and Tiny Wings I suppose this is a game for you but the whole endless-runner mechanic sort of turns me off. Cover art looks sick though, gotta admit 

Edited by BCarsonElite
Spelling and Grammar
  • Like 2

Wow. I completely forgot I used to play this game on mobile a lot! I don't remember much but the 180 challenges with crashing less than 100 times seems tough. Also feel like it'd be a good candidate for Vita... I'll keep my eye on it to see how tough the Plat is, have got many others on my backlog

I used to play this on my tablet for hours! The music is so relaxing. Not sure if I want to turn it into a trophy hunting experience but we'll see. It's been a while so can someone tell me this.. wasn't crashing the only way to stop a run? I was wondering how to do that trophy with 180 challenges and <100 crashes. Are u just suppose to do more than 1 challenge in one run to stay safe? 

26 minutes ago, Lil-Gocee said:

I used to play this on my tablet for hours! The music is so relaxing. Not sure if I want to turn it into a trophy hunting experience but we'll see. It's been a while so can someone tell me this.. wasn't crashing the only way to stop a run? I was wondering how to do that trophy with 180 challenges and <100 crashes. Are u just suppose to do more than 1 challenge in one run to stay safe? 

Yea, you need to crash to validate all 3 challenges when they are complete, which is incredibly stupid.

You basically need to complete all 3 challenges before crashing.

If you can't/won't complete the third challenge on your run, you can quit and any complete challenge will be saved. You will need to start a game and crash if you have all 3 challenges complete.

Played this on mobile it's a great little series. Btw I think Epic Games Store was going to be giving this away for free as their next game offer.

Edit: Yeah will be free through Epic Games Store next week on PC if anyone wants to try it or get some practice in before attempting it on PS4.

https://www.pcgamer.com/gorgeous-endless-runner-the-alto-collection-is-free-on-the-epic-games-store-next-week/

Edited by Lord_Bane999

• 2 years later...