More PS5 preorders are releasing in the next few days

Mirrors1118

From PlayStation Twitter:

Let’s be honest: PS5 preorders could have been a lot smoother. We truly apologize for that.  Over the next few days, we will release more PS5 consoles for preorder – retailers will share more details.   And more PS5s will be available through the end of the year.

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1307364082341740544?s=20

But with how the retailers are releasing the preorders it's gonna be tough. Hard to catch a surprise drop without good source of information or website gonna crash if they release it at a scheduled time. 

Edited by Mirrors1118

17 minutes ago, Lezonidas said:

I won't preorder anything and I'm pretty sure I'll be able to buy it day 1, this thing Sony is pulling off is the oldest marketing strategy in the book.

Yep, At this rate I wouldn't be surprised to watch some good deals for Xmas.

Then maybe I'll bite, otherwise I'll just wait for summer.

• Like 1

I didn't order a PS4 at launch but I still managed to snag one before the end of December. From what they are saying they are going to have 2 to 3 times the amount of ps5s out over the same period of time. Should be able to snag one with a little bit of leg work. 

As far as deals go, I am assuming he was talking about bundles. I would take a good accessory bundle. Not a lot of people would be willing to drop 700 to 1k on one though. Those who are willing to do so are already feeding the scalpers on eBay anyway. 

Really hate that people support that market just to get something a few days in advance. More money than patience. Ruins the market for everyone else. 

• Like 1

It would have been nice for it to have gone smoother, but honestly it's a complete waste of energy to stress out considering the extremely high general levels of social stress everyone is under anyway this year. I was definitely looking forward to getting it this year, but it's really not important enough to generate some of the vitriol that's been spewing up on social media and youtube.

On the positive side the really compelling titles like Cyberpunk 2077, Spider-Man:Miles Morales, Assassin's Creed Valhalla & pretty much all of the 'big releases' this year are not dependent on getting that PS5 as soon as possible. So even if you don't get it, you can still access those games. If launch titles included Final Fantasy 16, Horizon:Forbidden West, Resident Evil 8 and Hogwarts etc, then it would be a different story. But honestly, similarly to the PS4 launch - the PS5 launch line up is pretty weak compared to what's coming.

At least the silver lining to not securing a console this year will mean when you eventually do get it, it'll be closer to those PS5 titles and you'll have had time to scope out whether there are any issues or flaws with the tech itself from the folks that got it earlier.

• Like 1