Survival: How to retry at the same opponent

FahrenheitFrenzy

my application keeps crashing at 8~9 cruel wins and 17~18 normal wins... even without this trick
this game is just a piece of trash

every patch the game becomes shitier and shitier with frame drops ai becoming even stronger and game crashing every few battles..

i cant even reach high enough to continue without the game crashing every single time 

Yeah, unfortunately game crashes will disrupt your progress. As much as I adore this game, I can't defend it in certain aspects such as crashing frequency and the cheating AI on Survival.

However, with the latest patch, it seems the game isn't crashing as much as it used to (at least for me lol). Have you tried downloading the latest version?

i have the latest version and the game is worst.. heavy lag between character transitions in survival..

the balance is so shit in this game i dont know what was the dev thinking when he put survival specialy that  character with glasses gieger or whatever hes called.. the more you advance in survival the more hp the enemy has wtf? by the time i got to 40 its like playing CRUEL mode all over again characters with 20hp bars and crazy movements.

a balanced fighting game would be starting on easy for 50 survivors and slowly getting harder as you climb up with the SAME HP for everyone and not more per battle..

this game you start 50 survivor directly on insane dificulty and the ai gets more hp per battle...

iam glad you found this method and iam trying to finish up now before they patch it

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/26/2020 at 9:07 AM, Hakoom said:

i have the latest version and the game is worst.. heavy lag between character transitions in survival..

the balance is so shit in this game i dont know what was the dev thinking when he put survival specialy that  character with glasses gieger or whatever hes called.. the more you advance in survival the more hp the enemy has wtf? by the time i got to 40 its like playing CRUEL mode all over again characters with 20hp bars and crazy movements.

a balanced fighting game would be starting on easy for 50 survivors and slowly getting harder as you climb up with the SAME HP for everyone and not more per battle..

this game you start 50 survivor directly on insane dificulty and the ai gets more hp per battle...

iam glad you found this method and iam trying to finish up now before they patch it

I would change the difficulty rating to 10/10 on my guide. Because The Survival Mode trophies are the pain.

16 hours ago, GarbledFlask54 said:

I would change the difficulty rating to 10/10 on my guide. Because The Survival Mode trophies are the pain.

If they ever patch the online search method, I agree with a 10/10. But with this method, I think it can be around 5 or 6/10.

The main problem I see with Survival is that for every shadow boss you defeat, regular fighters and subsequent shadow bosses gain a Boss Rush power-up, so by the time you reach your 16th opponent, for instance, it can be a Valerie that can zig zag her Cross Stroke across the screen, cancel Flying Rainbow into itself multiple times and reflect projectiles with her paintbrush, now imagine that with your 48th opponent, which has like 9 power-ups.

I would suggest removing all this stuff and leaving it only for Cruel Survivor, which makes more sense to me. Alternatively, they could leave the power-ups only for the shadow bosses to make them stand out more, they already have more life than regular fighters, but I feel like there's no point for shadow bosses to even exist if the regular fighters are going to be as dangerous. I mean, a regular Geiger towards the end of my survival run scares me much more than a shadow Argagarg. Lol

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/31/2020 at 6:36 PM, Winterglemm said:

has this been patched?

also how doable is the game? some people did it in months and others in days

It wasn't addressed on the last patch notes, so I think it still works.

The difference you see on the times the players took to platinum may be due to the fact that the core pack is needed for survival and arcade trophies, and some players took a while to earn the pack (I, for instance, took a month).

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, just got the 35 survivor trophy with this strategy, thanks!

Did not see else where, but I went 2 times in online matches while fighting the same cpu (e.g was fighting

Lum, then got one casual match, return to the survivor run against Lum, then going a second time to online match), the third time against Lum my health was fully recovered.

This ever happened with you guys? Will try to post a video. Cheers

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
On 1/31/2021 at 7:03 PM, timpurnat said:

Does this still work?

Yes I can confirm this still works i just beat the 50 opponents yesterday was very annoying i really recommend to turn off cross-play because I got disconnected so many times and had no disconnect issue once i turned off cross-play . 

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...