Totally confused!

JoesusHCrust

I've completed the 'Awakening' tutorial mission and now want to continuing progressing through the quests solo as far as possible. it seems that all the quests are greyed out though! What am I supposed to do? How do I progress through this game? I'm just totally confused by it! It seems so un-linear! Any help for a total beginner would be much appreciated! 

6 minutes ago, SEWO97 said:

Each quest has a list of prerequisites you must complete before you can start it. The list is displayed on the codex just before the navigation component on your ship.

Thanks. I noticed that but I can't find the 'next' quest if you know what I mean as I don't seem to meet the criteria for any of them! What quest should I do next after 'the awakening'? 

I found this: https://www.warframe.com/game/questguide

Hopefully this should help. Bloody hell! I've never played a game where I have to go on their website to figure out what missions I can play. I think I probably prefer a bit more direction in my games!!! 

6 hours ago, wolfocezosu said:

Try completing the nodes that link one planet with others. I think you get a few quest that way. To be able to play the junction you need  first to complete all nodes of the planet.

Thanks. :)

23 hours ago, JoesusHCrust said:

I found this: https://www.warframe.com/game/questguide

Hopefully this should help. Bloody hell! I've never played a game where I have to go on their website to figure out what missions I can play. I think I probably prefer a bit more direction in my games!!! 

Thanks. :)

Hello, I have written a very in depth trophy/gameplay guide on this site that you can reference to get a better idea on how to progress in the game. Once you have completed the "Awakening" Quest, it will automatically start the "Vor's Prize" quest. There will only be one mission Node available for you to play on Earth until this quest is complete. The mission is indicated by a white "x" symbol on Earth. Some of the very first "X' symbols in this quest can be a bit difficulty to see but you can zoom in and out with the analogue stick if you cant see it. Warframe is a very guide or wiki required game which is why I put together a singular trophy guide. If you have any additional questions, let me know.

• Like 2

Î this: @ChaoticDoomOfBob’s guide is very well written and detailed (kudos!). It should help you, even more seeing you’re starting from scratch. The Wiki is also a must, and you’ll find tons of help on YouTube or dedicated websites, like the Dojo Planner if you feel like creating your own clan.

I’m coming back to the game after a six years hiatus, and needless to say, a lot of things have changed (24 DLC since I last played !), and I’m still getting confused sometimes (for instance, it’s rather unsettling to have to unlock junctions when you’ve already unlocked every single node on the planet). As I have to deal with past choices and experiences, and like to discover things by myself and learn from my mistakes, I don’t really follow the guide to the letter, but it’s a good read and a very helpful one at that when I get stuck (the trophy list alone didn't exactly help me figure what the dry dock was and what it was for).

• Like 1

On 9/28/2020 at 6:33 PM, ChaoticDoomOfBob said:

Hello, I have written a very in depth trophy/gameplay guide on this site 

Yes, I found it through Google. it's extremely useful and must have taken ages to put together. Many thanks for your hard work. I'm getting more into the game now. I'd completed the first mission and then left it for three years or so so I was confused to begin with coming back to it. 

On 9/26/2020 at 7:23 PM, JoesusHCrust said:

I've completed the 'Awakening' tutorial mission and now want to continuing progressing through the quests solo as far as possible. it seems that all the quests are greyed out though! What am I supposed to do? How do I progress through this game? I'm just totally confused by it! It seems so un-linear! Any help for a total beginner would be much appreciated! 

I would go through planet to planet clearing some nodes and opening solar rails, you can unlock quests that way. Other quests need to be bought or to talk to faction leaders after the second dream quest 

Edited by wackt1
  • Like 1