How to unlock items/cars quickly?

ryuji_sakujo

Like many I just need the Stocked trophy for collecting 150 items.

Does anybody know what qualifies as an item? Because between my cars, decals, toppers etc I have way more than 150 so I assume not everything is classified as an item.

Thank you in advance for anyone with info regarding this issue 

3 hours ago, markytonline83 said:

Like many I just need the Stocked trophy for collecting 150 items.

Does anybody know what qualifies as an item? Because between my cars, decals, toppers etc I have way more than 150 so I assume not everything is classified as an item.

Thank you in advance for anyone with info regarding this issue 

I had 50+ items and my friend send me 100 player banners via trading system. After that I obtained this troph.

19 hours ago, SnowFleurz said:

I don't really enjoy the game, so I was aiming for snatching a quick plat..

No way I was going for 100%, and now with this grind not even plat, haha

Yep, it does suck.

But tbh 5 EUR/USD to enable trade isn't too bad.
It's the price of 1-2 coffees in most places, I'm sure almost everyone can afford that.
And remember that all DLC in this game went from paid to free, so that's great.

• Like 1

~~While I initially thought the ability to earn items after every match was removed, now I’m not too sure. While I wasn’t able to find when the Wiki page had last been updated on the~~ Fandom Wiki Page for Rocket League it stated:

• Common items can be obtained by completing matches in offline or onlineuntil they are all unlocked. It doesn't matter if the matches are won or lost. Each customization category (toppers, wheels, goal explosions, etc.) has a different amount of matches required to unlock the items.

Though there’s a chance the F2P update removed this feature and the Wiki page has yet to reflect this change. *This does seem accurate after I’ve read all the information, it seems regardless of it’s an online or exhibition match you’ll earn progress towards items, and after you’ve completed however many games you’ll earn all those items in that set*

Edit: After further reading it seems you’ll earn a “loot box” style item everytime you level up. The Rocket Pass (free or premium) will give tons of items. If you’re using the free pass to you can earn a few items and a few loot boxes which will result in a  random item. If you’ve purchased the premium rocket pass then you’ll earn at least one item a match. (I’m not entirely sure what counts as an item, because the flag antenna definitely doesn’t count as 150+, nor does it seem that any items you’re automatically given. Though legacy items you were granted by playing prior to the game going F2P definitely count as items and towards the trophies (I got the 50 items trophy this way)).

Edit 2: 

Wiki Link

Item Slots and Common Items

We’re also changing up how Common items are unlocked on your account. In the current system, you earn one Common unlock for every match you play until you’ve unlocked everything. In the new system, you’ll unlock all of the Common items for a particular slot instantly when you reach enough matches played. For example, you will unlock every Common Topper after 15 matches.

Edited by OmegaRejectz
Grammar
  • Like 1

I'm locking this thread now since it's being used as a "find a trading partner" thread instead of discussing methods to unlock items/cars quickly.
See my first post for all information needed. And use PSNProfiles sessions, Discord or whatever else to actually set up trading sessions.

Going forward, please stay on-topic, it's frustrating as OP to get a discussion thread derailed in another direction, if you're keen to do so then just start your own thread (PS. there's already a thread for doing that and those of you that are asking for partners here should've been more observant and taken a look there first before posting here! https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/40960-items-trading-topic/ )

Edited by ryuji_sakujo
  • Like 1