Playstation Network Ban

xVolloxx

I've just emailed Sony and various Sony employees , also newspapers and media websites 

Hopefully i'll get this sorted 

I did get a reply from the Senior PR Manger for Sony EU 

saying that she wil forward my complaints to higher ups at playstation .

• Like 1

They would rather ban an psn account for falsely offensive names but not for hackers & cheaters?!? I dont get it. 1 report doesnt make a difference. *sigh* I dont know whos the a-hole who report him but hes need to grow up. its just a game you dont need to take ot to someone whos better than you..

This is the solid argument point.  His name isn't even offensive IMO and I've seen much much worse!  

@Bollox, I'm really glad you decided to keep fighting the good fight.  Make it right man and good luck!

• Like 1

Here Guys i just got this from Sony : 

Hi, 

The customer has been permanently banned from the network for having an online ID which is deemed inappropriate.   

The account will remain banned. 

The complications that arise from changing an ID can create problems with signing in, friends list and playing certain games. 

Please advise the consumer to create a new account which adheres to our Terms of Service. 

Regard 

Consumer Operations

Sony Network Entertainment

http://eu.playstation.com

Grab a torch and pitchfork! Just kidding.

Hope you can get it back though...

• Like 1

Thanks guys any help would be appreciated :)

I also just posted it on PS3T here : 

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/ps3-discussion/212417-playstation-network-ban.html#post3944635

Could everyone any anyone that would like to help or support me please email this address : 

[email protected] 

[email protected] 

And give your opinions on the situation 

Also include : 

This Fourm post 

My Psn Id : TheBolloxx 

My Email : [email protected] 

As i really want and need to get my account back , not to mention it's absolutely outrageous ! 

Thanks 

Also found a similar topic here : http://www.giantbomb.com/playstation-3/3045-35/forums/banned-from-psn-538994/

it's about a year old .

Edited by TheBolloxx

Awesome.  I'm glad you also stated the case of other actually offensive usernames as well as hackers and cheaters.  I patiently await their reply on the matter. :popcorn:

Just got this back from them : 

Hi, 

Thanks for your response to my e-mail. 

While I appreciate you remain dissatisfied in regard to this matter, our position remains the same in that we deem your SEN account name to be inappropriate for our Networks. This is in line with our PlayStation Network terms of service which you agreed to at the time of creating your account. Therefore, I regret that we will not lift the ban on your SEN account. 

Best regards, 

Peter Wardle

Sony Computer Entertainment UK Limited

http://eu.playstation.com

And they said nothing of the hackers and cheaters.  Wow.  This time I don't agree with Sony and I feel that it's much too harsh to not let you simply change your username.  Shame on them. :(

This is what i sent back : 

Hi 

While i disagree with you deeming my Username Offensive or inappropriate 

i would at least like the option to change my Username and to keep my friends list , Trophies etc
Or the option to appeal ? 

You have not even responded to my comment about hackers , cheaters , modders , racists etc 

I have in no way breached the terms and conditions as my Online ID is not offensive and i have multiple people 
agreeing with me if you would take the time to read these 2 fourms : 

I would strongly argue that you should re examine the case 

I have been a loyal Sony customer for a long time and i would rather not take 
my business elsewhere 

And again they're much much worse usernames and people that should be deemed unworthy of your network .

This is why I almost abandoned Sony in 2010. They banned me for the same exact reason. "GoochSniper" You can call and write as many people as you want, but nothing will change. Sony's customer service people are scumbags.

Yeah i saw your fourm on PS3T that sucks ! 

Sucks even more for me because iv'e had this account for 4 years and as you can see 

have a massive amount of trophies 

I will keep trying and hope for the best 

but all in all i think i'll have to make a new account 

After E3, I began to think of SONY as the good guys. The Wii U wasn't getting games, the Xbone had anti-consumer policies, and SONY just blew us away.

Then they refunded everybody for the wrong pricing of Fruit Ninja.

But this? This is outrageous. I am disgusted at their reasons, and their replies (or lack thereof, considering they ignored the bit about hackers).

Good luck with this issue - after all the work you've put into trophies, you deserve to keep it.

• Like 4

End of the day it has been deemed offensive, whether we think it is or not, so they wont go back on that decision, which is what they are clearly stating in the email.

I must admit that I have been surprised by a lot of user names, but they never seem to last too long on the PSN.

They wont reply to hacker/cheater queried as it has nothing to do with your issue per se. They arent ignoring the question as much as deciding that answering it isnt pertinant.

Still sucks to have to change after 4 years, but from the messages you got back, they will not change their position.

End of the day it has been deemed offensive, whether we think it is or not, so they wont go back on that decision, which is what they are clearly stating in the email.

I must admit that I have been surprised by a lot of user names, but they never seem to last too long on the PSN.

They wont reply to hacker/cheater queried as it has nothing to do with your issue per se. They arent ignoring the question as much as deciding that answering it isnt pertinant.

Still sucks to have to change after 4 years, but from the messages you got back, they will not change their position.

I doubt they will change the decision myself .  

I doubt they will change the decision myself .  

You have nothing to lose though. You can make a new account and begin earning trophies, while pestering SONY at the same time (because they honestly deserve it).

Keep fighting for your cause - nothing will happen if you don't.

• Like 1

Yeah, I confess I also doubt they'll change their mind, but if people keep pestering them enough, they'll have no choice but to revise their policies, because this is 100% unfair.  The only reason they're doing it is because you know you won't take legal action against them.

They're acting like children.  They won't even take one second to consider they might be wrong (which they are).  Rather than admit how ridiculous what they're doing is, they prefer to cover their ears and yell "I can't hear you!  I can't hear you! Neener neener!".  The truth is simply that they're stealing something from you and citing policy they're not actually following.

I know their ToS probably say something like "We reserve the right to cancel your account with no explanation, blah, blah, blah", but that still doesn't fall under the terms of the law if they were to be contested.  Again, the only reason they're doing this is because they know there won't be legal repercusion.  That's bullying, plain and simple.

• Like 2