Playstation Network Ban

xVolloxx

Hey guys i just received this email and was wondering is it spam ? or what else ? 

i haven't done anything wrong and iv'e been signed in all day and i'm still signed in 

here's the email : 

Dear TheBolloxx, we are contacting you regarding your Sony Entertainment Network account and your recent online activity.

On 02-10-2013, we noted that your online activity in PSN was in breach of the PlayStation®Network Terms & Conditions for the following reason: BANREASON.

This email is to inform you that your Sony Entertainment Network account has been permanently suspended due to severe breaches of the service Terms & Conditions.

Yours Sincerely,

The community Team
Sony Computer Entertainment Europe

Seems like spam to me, especially since you're still signed in and have been able to all day. Does the sending e-mail address seem legitimate? I wouldn't worry about it myself (especially if you've done nothing wrong) but it couldn't hurt to give Sony a ring and see whats up. 

Parker

I thought it was BS at first but the email is legit, call them, if you've done nothing wrong you should be alright, if you can't call them for whatever reason shoot 'em an email and ask them what's up, seems silly to send an email saying you're going to be banned sometime in the future, just like, ohh hey we're going to ban you, kind regards, we love you, peace out. 

why didn't they just ban you first then send you an email explaining why. xD

Call 'em! ;D

I'm phoning them now , it is legit 

idk why i would be permanently banned 0_0 

Ok so the reason iv'e been banned is because someone has reported my name / Psn Id 

because they find it offensive .

Since my account is Maltese iv'e been told from Sony UK i have to phone them  

So the business that deals with Sony in Malta are going to Email Sony then Email me back 

Just because 1 person finds my name offensive and reports me i get permanently banned ? 

Wow !

Edited by TheBolloxx

wow only 1 person.. dont they need like 5 or more to do this? One isn't enough and why the person report you. I dont see your name offenise though. Hope you get your account back on track.

On Miiverse you can banned for saying nice things to women or females as it's considered stalking. Sony are more relaxed.

Edited by PaladinBane
  • Like 2

"Ok so the reason iv'e been banned is because someone has reported my name / Psn Id 

because they find it offensive ."

This should help your cause, quote from WiKi - 

Obscenity court ruling

Perhaps the best-known use of the term is in the title of the 1977 punk rock album Never mind the bollocks , Here's the Sex Pistols. Testimony in a resulting prosecution over the term demonstrated that in Old English, the word referred to a priest, and could also be used to mean "nonsense". Defence barrister John Mortimer QC and Virgin Records won the case: the court ruled that the word was Not Obscene.

So you could say their talking bollocks or nonsense.  :lol: 

• Like 3

As far as offensive terms go, bollocks is very tame. But call yourself 'testicles' and you run the risk of a ban. Would you expect any less for a euphemism for vagina?

I hate to say it, but you're screwed, whether you use the 'nonsense' argument or not. Use your head next time, choose something completely unlikely to cause offense.

Edited by ant1th3s1s

Dear TheBolloxx, we are contacting you regarding your Sony Entertainment Network account and your recent online activity.

On 02-10-2013, we noted that your online activity in PSN was in breach of the PlayStation®Network Terms & Conditions for the following reason: BANREASON.

This email is to inform you that your Sony Entertainment Network account has been permanently suspended due to severe breaches of the service Terms & Conditions.

Yours Sincerely,

The community Team
Sony Computer Entertainment Europe

If this is exactly what they typed then it's fake.