Trophy Guide Coming Soon!

StressEater

16 minutes ago, StressEater said:

I wanted to apologize for taking so long to put together a trophy guide for this game.

Only apologize if you did something wrong. What happens if people bend over for the most minor (and mostly nonsensical) reason can be seen if you look at the world we live in.

You don't owe anyone anything. Nobody pays you for creating guides. It's 100 % voluntary.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Faaip de Oiad said:

Only apologize if you did something wrong. What happens if people bend over for the most minor (and mostly nonsensical) reason can be seen if you look at the world we live in.

You don't owe anyone anything. Nobody pays you for creating guides. It's 100 % voluntary.

That's very kind of you. Thank you.

1 hour ago, Sikutai said:

Interesting game, but the price is to high for me. But I'll definitve buy it in a sale, so a guide from you would be much appreciated.

I understand. If I was not a huge fan of the game, I would not have paid full price for it. These usually go on sale a couple months after release, so you can probably pick it up for $30 - $40 during the holidays. 

I really enjoy the game and thought it would be nice to write a guild. I always felt when you finish a game, why not help others to do the same? That way they can enjoy the game as well. For this one, there are some parts in the campaign that can be very difficult without a guide. So, hopefully it will help.

Aww damn! i totally forgot about this game..

first of all, OP, dont stress yourself over this, there are enough game without a guide, and some (like Destiny 2, what i´m playing now..) are obsolete.

so, as long as you do one, i thank you in advance! 

I liked Port Royale 3, especially since there are not so many games of this kind on the PS. sadly, i´m also gonna wait till its on sale, main reason is because i still have like 10 games waiting for me and adding another full price one is not gonna do it xD

6 minutes ago, VaDiMkA said:

Aww damn! i totally forgot about this game..

first of all, OP, dont stress yourself over this, there are enough game without a guide, and some (like Destiny 2, what i´m playing now..) are obsolete.

so, as long as you do one, i thank you in advance! 

I liked Port Royale 3, especially since there are not so many games of this kind on the PS. sadly, i´m also gonna wait till its on sale, main reason is because i still have like 10 games waiting for me and adding another full price one is not gonna do it xD

I see that you finished Railway Empire. I love that game as well. They have it on sale right now for $30 I believe at Target and it comes with all the DLC. I am thinking about picking it up. I have finished the game and a couple of the DLC but not all of them. Since this too is another Kalypso game, you kind of know what you are getting. I agree, there are not enough of these games out there. 

17 hours ago, StressEater said:

I see that you finished Railway Empire. I love that game as well. They have it on sale right now for $30 I believe at Target and it comes with all the DLC. I am thinking about picking it up. I have finished the game and a couple of the DLC but not all of them. Since this too is another Kalypso game, you kind of know what you are getting. I agree, there are not enough of these games out there. 

haha sadly there are no Target stores in my country XD. but yeah, Railway Empire in awesome.

so, since i´ve only seen some trailers, is Port Royal 4 basically like Railway Empire, only with ships? 

9 hours ago, AffectatiousDonk said:

Excellent news @StressEater I knew getting this was unavoidable an now your guide will be the facilitator. A wonderful thing :)

i agree with this guy, sooner or later i would have bought it anyway, now if there´s a guide coming.. lets hope for a Christmas sale^^

• Like 1

On 10/16/2020 at 1:31 PM, VaDiMkA said:

haha sadly there are no Target stores in my country XD. but yeah, Railway Empire in awesome.

so, since i´ve only seen some trailers, is Port Royal 4 basically like Railway Empire, only with ships? 

Yes it is very similar to Railway Empire. However, unlike Railway Empire, Port Royale starts getting pretty laggy late game. I am kind of a perfectionist with games like this. So I have several trade routes active with several convoys running tons of cargo to different towns for raw materials, plus I have convoys taking finished product and selling it off. So, it's not uncommon for me to have well over 300 convoys running trade routes. Plus, I like eliminating everyone from the map so I am the only Country left and all the towns are mine. 

12 hours ago, StressEater said:

Yes it is very similar to Railway Empire. However, unlike Railway Empire, Port Royale starts getting pretty laggy late game. I am kind of a perfectionist with games like this. So I have several trade routes active with several convoys running tons of cargo to different towns for raw materials, plus I have convoys taking finished product and selling it off. So, it's not uncommon for me to have well over 300 convoys running trade routes. Plus, I like eliminating everyone from the map so I am the only Country left and all the towns are mine. 

Oh, man , why you do this to me? You just pretty much coerced me into buying that game.. xD

And yeah, laggy games, i mean i happens. Stellaris also becomes quite laggy in mid- and late-game. But well, thats the price we pay for a functioning economic empire. 

One last question, is Port Royal 4 hard? Compared to Railway Empire, i mean, the campaign there was quite easy, but some of those Scenarios could get quite hard with you let it slide for a second.. 

4 hours ago, VaDiMkA said:

Oh, man , why you do this to me? You just pretty much coerced me into buying that game.. xD

And yeah, laggy games, i mean i happens. Stellaris also becomes quite laggy in mid- and late-game. But well, thats the price we pay for a functioning economic empire. 

One last question, is Port Royal 4 hard? Compared to Railway Empire, i mean, the campaign there was quite easy, but some of those Scenarios could get quite hard with you let it slide for a second.. 

They are both very similar. Port Royale will go on sale soon. I would just hold out until it drops to $40. Especially with the holidays around the corner. There are a couple moments in the campaigns that can get a little difficult. There are a couple scenarios where I felt like they didn't quite prepare you well enough. But, with a guide, you know what is coming, so you can start preparing early. I tried to map it out well. You seem to have an uphill battle when it comes to wartime. I always feel like I am constantly at war with other nations. For me personally, I don't feel like the game was very hard. I gave it a 4/10. If you have never played a Port Royale game, then it would probably be a 6/10. But, there's nothing very difficult. If you have any trouble, just let me know. I will help walk you through it. The only time anything is hard is when you do not understand something. For example, you need to make a metalware business produce at a level of 110%. If you do not already know (the game does not really explain it well) that you need to have the business next to a residential to game a 5% bonus, plus it needs to be next to a raw materials producer (in this case, a coalmine) to gain an additional 5%. But the coalmine can not be near the residential or it negates the bonus it gives. It is just things like that. It is very important to make a manual save at the beginning of each group of task that the Viceroys gives you, you should be fine.

8 hours ago, StressEater said:

They are both very similar. Port Royale will go on sale soon. I would just hold out until it drops to $40. Especially with the holidays around the corner. There are a couple moments in the campaigns that can get a little difficult. There are a couple scenarios where I felt like they didn't quite prepare you well enough. But, with a guide, you know what is coming, so you can start preparing early. I tried to map it out well. You seem to have an uphill battle when it comes to wartime. I always feel like I am constantly at war with other nations. For me personally, I don't feel like the game was very hard. I gave it a 4/10. If you have never played a Port Royale game, then it would probably be a 6/10. But, there's nothing very difficult. If you have any trouble, just let me know. I will help walk you through it. The only time anything is hard is when you do not understand something. For example, you need to make a metalware business produce at a level of 110%. If you do not already know (the game does not really explain it well) that you need to have the business next to a residential to game a 5% bonus, plus it needs to be next to a raw materials producer (in this case, a coalmine) to gain an additional 5%. But the coalmine can not be near the residential or it negates the bonus it gives. It is just things like that. It is very important to make a manual save at the beginning of each group of task that the Viceroys gives you, you should be fine.

I see you really put a lot of thought into this, but since you are writing a guide, thats understandable xD

Don´t worry about me, i´m confident that i will have few problems with this game, since i´ve played tropico 5 (?), Stellaris, Grand Ages Medieval, Port Royale 3..

and just now i steamrolled through the Germany scenario in Railway Empire. Excuse my language, but hard difficulty my ass! 

" For example, you need to make a metalware business produce at a level of 110%. If you do not already know (the game does not really explain it well) that you need to have the business next to a residential to game a 5% bonus, plus it needs to be next to a raw materials producer (in this case, a coalmine) to gain an additional 5%." 

That seems actually like a very important point.. 10% buff (not considering it is a task for proceeding with the campaign i assume), well thats substantial ... since an strong economy is the backbone of your (Pirate) Empire. 

Hahaha, the most important advice in this kinda games: save regularly!

I just looked it up, and the trophies seem like copy/paste from Port Royale 3, at least for the most part. 

Also, congrats on being the first one to Platinum the game, that quite an Achievement. 

• 5 weeks later...

The guide just cleared and was published today. I hope it helps. I had planned on getting it published sooner but I was on vacation for a couple weeks. With the latest patch, it changed a lot about the game. I wanted to run through the campaign again to see if anything changed. Good luck and if you need help with anything, please let me know.

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/10969-port-royale-4-trophy-guide

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks for the guide...it was helpful....love these kinds of games. I think the Netherlands mission should go second in the campaign. It has some useful information for setting up efficiencies(England and France were tougher). The AI just butchers the towns lol...so I found myself rebuilding everything after becoming administrator. I wish the game explained the trade routes a little better, because they don't work as expected(or require too much fine tuning). Many times I would have inventories piling up, or ships full of items not unload them at specified towns...frustrating. It looks like it's reserving product for other towns, but it feels like the AI and I are trying to outsmart each other...lol. I suggest either using no warehouses and upgrade town markets, this makes the routes easier to manage with the default settings(buy and sell only). The other way is by using a warehouse with steward in every town. Then set one town as the hub with all routes starting there, and hit R1 to have convoys store all at end of route. That town should be set to load all items(automatic), then along the route have each item produced set to load 500 and sell all others(automatic). This will empty all towns warehouses, sell those items along the way, get dropped in hub town(sold by steward), then extras are picked up again to go to other routes that need them. The second method should earn way more, but it's more tedious. Parlay? is definitely buggy right now...I got that trophy after clearing out the 20th hideout(which happened to be tied to the world event that gives a map piece if that matters). Also a weird bug I had was Spain would only go to war with England, even after eliminating all towns. So I'm having to use pirate mode to finish sinking 1,000 ships....annoying. Maybe I'll try to declare independence, could be faster...haven't tried that feature yet.

Railway Empire complete edition is on sale for 30 bucks right now...worth a buy?

Edited by ThatDrunkGuy

On 12/17/2020 at 10:52 PM, ThatDrunkGuy said:

Thanks for the guide...it was helpful....love these kinds of games. I think the Netherlands mission should go second in the campaign. It has some useful information for setting up efficiencies(England and France were tougher). The AI just butchers the towns lol...so I found myself rebuilding everything after becoming administrator. I wish the game explained the trade routes a little better, because they don't work as expected(or require too much fine tuning). Many times I would have inventories piling up, or ships full of items not unload them at specified towns...frustrating. It looks like it's reserving product for other towns, but it feels like the AI and I are trying to outsmart each other...lol. I suggest either using no warehouses and upgrade town markets, this makes the routes easier to manage with the default settings(buy and sell only). The other way is by using a warehouse with steward in every town. Then set one town as the hub with all routes starting there, and hit R1 to have convoys store all at end of route. That town should be set to load all items(automatic), then along the route have each item produced set to load 500 and sell all others(automatic). This will empty all towns warehouses, sell those items along the way, get dropped in hub town(sold by steward), then extras are picked up again to go to other routes that need them. The second method should earn way more, but it's more tedious. Parlay? is definitely buggy right now...I got that trophy after clearing out the 20th hideout(which happened to be tied to the world event that gives a map piece if that matters). Also a weird bug I had was Spain would only go to war with England, even after eliminating all towns. So I'm having to use pirate mode to finish sinking 1,000 ships....annoying. Maybe I'll try to declare independence, could be faster...haven't tried that feature yet.

Railway Empire complete edition is on sale for 30 bucks right now...worth a buy?

I hear you and know your pain/ frustration. Trade still needs a lot of work. Also, the combat is a little out balanced. In the earlier days prior to patching, the combat was so easy. Now it's the complete opposite. The stewards still need some fine tuning. But like you said, you love the game. It's an easy game to love. I wish they made more games like this. 

As far as Railway Empire, that game was AMAZING! I would highly recommend it if you liked Port Royale. I promise that you will not be disappointed. 

• 2 months later...

I just completed the France campaign, and had one difference between your viceroy list and mine. Your listing showed getting Villahermosa to 3,000 inhabitants, but I had to boost Seville to 3,000 inhabitants. I'm guessing it's a randomized city for that task. (Edit: this is for the Ninth objective)

Would it be faster to just continue a campaign afterwards as your Free Game rather than start from scratch, or is there a benefit to starting from scratch for the Free Game portion of the guide?

Edited by darkrequiem7
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, darkrequiem7 said:

I just completed the France campaign, and had one difference between your viceroy list and mine. Your listing showed getting Villahermosa to 3,000 inhabitants, but I had to boost Seville to 3,000 inhabitants. I'm guessing it's a randomized city for that task. (Edit: this is for the Ninth objective)

Would it be faster to just continue a campaign afterwards as your Free Game rather than start from scratch, or is there a benefit to starting from scratch for the Free Game portion of the guide?

I will make a change to the guide. I played through twice. I will try to go through my old saves and see if the city was different both times.

As for continuing to play a scenario to obtain the remaining trophies, yes it is possible. But I found it a whole lot easier to do it in free game. You could focus on building your character specifically for the scenario and then work on all the other trophies related to your build. To save on time, I did them all together in one free game. That way I could be working on multiple trophies at the same time. If you figure out a way to save time and do them all in the scenario, please let me know.